• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I agree Robinsa, when not even the experts can agree and the databases disagree what weapon layout certain units have /may have in 2030 then I see no point in using 100s of hours making sure that everything is just to the liking of everyone(which is probably impossible anyway). Just make sure its not completely off(at least consistent with janes or something) and let people write their own databases if they disagree. :)

Don't get me wrong realism is important but to a point, balance and interesting gameplay is much harder to fix in a mod than the name of a radar sub system on a certain craft.

Yes, the schedule and deadlines are all set in stone. Changes to the database now will risk upsetting the balance of the missions, and that is a lot of work to rebalance. So, we think we have it mostly right. There will be bloopers and we'll fix those later. There will also be controversies, where we can't make everyone happy, but there are always mods.

Thanks for all feedback!

I just saw the '16' rating on the main page. I think Naval War should be rated '12'. It certainly wouldn't be rated 'M' with the ESRB. Just saying, I don't think it's terrible, but I also don't think it's fair. Not that many people under 16 will be buying naval war. :)

^ That's actually a very good point. Considering the definitions of PEGI 12/16, i can't say i've seen anything in the NWAC dev videos/trailers that would merit such a high rating. Or does blowing up ships and subs count as depiction of violence that looks the same as real life? :unsure:

EDIT: Just noticed the "Bad Language" tag underneath the rating on NWAC's page. Does that mean in-game radio chatter triggered the rating? :p

Ive been waiting patiently for several days and now its time to ask again. When will we see a release date ? I understand announcements of announcments are not optimal but my head is starting to melt from refreshing this forum twice every hour.

How far off is the planned release ? Are we talking next month or the month after that ? ANY information on release would be great especially since youve decided not to have an open beta.

Will there be the option to have NATO markers/icons representing units on the map(OR similar/same as the markers in Fleet Command) opposed to the current markers/icons of little pictures?
Or at least for it to be something mod-able in the future?

Last edited:
Hello and welcome SAbre4809,

We will not have NTDS symbols in the game at launch. It's something we'll look into as a later addition if it's very much in demand.

I will pay you one million George pounds* to implement it.

*No cash value

In all honesty, I'm not fussed. Tiny exploding Russian ships are interesting no matter the symbol used to denote a tiny Russian ship. :p

Tiny exploding Russian ships are interesting no matter the symbol used to denote a tiny Russian ship. :p
Tiny, you say? :p
167012798.jpg

I dont know if this has been asked before,

is there a hard coded limit of aircraft on the carrier or land base?
or can you mod that too?
The limit is part of the spec of the carrier/airfield unit, so it can be changed in a mod as simply as editing a number.

The real limit may well be how many aircraft you want to handle in one game, and the spec of your computer ;)

Pre-orderd btw
Thanks! :)

Yes, a number of civilian ships (tankers, merchants, fishing boats) are included. They can be part of convoys or neutrals/civilians in the scenario just to mess you up :) We have airliners, too.

Excellent, Jan!

I have played Tabletop Harpoon Tournaments at conventions for years, and some of the funnest scenarios have included civilian vehicles thrown in by the referee to mess up the "Shoot first ask questions later" type of player.

I learned to ID targets before firing very quickly. Other gamers, not so much.:)