• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Another question: Why don't American and British subs carry Harpoons in naval war?
The Virginia has either Tomahawks or Harpoons. Both options exist in the game.

Are you telling me the Astute can carry Harpoons? News to me.

And, yes, both carry Tactical Tomahawks, that can target ships but isn't really very good at beating the defense.

The Virginia has either Tomahawks or Harpoons. Both options exist in the
game.

Are you telling me the Astute can carry Harpoons? News to me.

And, yes, both carry Tactical Tomahawks, that can target ships but isn't really very good at beating the defense.
The Astute CAN'T carry Harpoons? Okay... I wouldn't know. But Tomahawks OR Harpoons for the Virginias? The Virginia has 12 VLS tubes in the bow, so it wold normally carry Tomahawks in the bow alone, and Harpoons and '48s in in torpedo tubes.

Haven't come that far yet. :) It currently has P-800s for anti-ship and S-10 Granat for land attack in the current build.

Oh god can I see the model!

Oh god can I see the model!!!

On a more serious note, its possible that it carries 24 P-800 in VLS and fires Kalibr-PN (PL?) from the torpedo tubes. Its pretty much certain that it only carries 533mm TTs too.

Here is another link about the Kh-101.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=sv&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ru&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://militaryrussia.ru/blog/topic-440.html&usg=ALkJrhi0LSrLiqZ03_Zek_zZY0sCodl2uA

Just correcting my previous post. The Astute CAN NOT launch Harpoons. Also, I don't understand why we have to choose between Tomahawks and Harpoons for the Virginia. The Virginia class has 12 VLS tubes in the bow specifically for Tomahawks, so normally it would carry Tomahawks exclusively in the VLS tubes and Harpoons and '48s in its weapon stores and torpedo tubes.

Last edited:
Just correcting my previous post. The Astute CAN NOT launch Harpoons. Also, I don't understand why we have to choose between Tomahawks and Harpoons for the Virginia. The Virginia class has 12 VLS tubes in the bow specifically for Tomahawks, so normally it would carry Tomahawks exclusively in the VLS tubes and Harpoons and '48s in its weapon stores and torpedo tubes.
That is of course entirely correct. We'll see if we ever get around to fixing that. Things are ridiculously busy at the time, and for some time into the future, for reasons I am sure you can guess :)

Cant stuff like this be adressed in patches instead? I seriously want to play the game and I dont care if the armament of some sub is wrong on release! Just give us the game soon please!!! :D