• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
AFAIK, the USN fielded an Anti-Ship Tomahawk during the mid/late 80s until the cold war ended. Now, in an ironic twist of fate, the USN is now essentially paying to research and design the same weapon twice. Who knew an AShM version of the Tomahawk would be useful in a post cold war world??? (LoL, tongue firmly in cheek)

Well, if my THOROUGHLY REASEARCHED AS-16 Russian bomber loadouts are used, you may need 154 Tomahawks to balance the game out! :p

LoL!!! :D I get it, I get it! I will return with information on the AShM version of the Tomahawk. I am not promising 'thorough' research :p but 'in depth' may be a possibility. I for one want to see the ship killing tommy hawk in game. It's one of my favorite weapons in Harpoon 3 ANW. You only need a bearing, and they will go active when a certain distance from the target. The big down fall of using the BGM-109 for anit-ship work is the sub-sonic speed. It's slow, slower then cold molasses flowing uphill in the middle of winter. Range is outstanding, but it's of no use if it flies a long way just to die. I really don't see this being a 'game breaker' as far as balance goes. It would give the NATO folks a little bit longer of a whoopin stick to swing, but that's about it. ;)

There are some cases that you have the position of the enemy fleet but not the exact location of every vessel, and you decide to launch your air missiles at certain known location as your missiles have active radars to locate their targets. I mean, my intel aircraft have provided our air strike bombers with location of the enemy fleet or the location of the radars emission that we need to point to. It will be something like "engage target at..." and point the mouse to somewhere in the map to let our missiles run to their targets and at approximate 10 km before the hit, they turn on their radars and choose the largest target to lock on with?

Jan, I think you should keep the anti-ship Tomahawks in the game, but is what you have in the game the TASM or the upgraded Block IV? The TASM was retired, just like the AS-4 Kitchen. :p

Last edited:
Jan H
18. will facility like Ports ,harden shelters ,fuel tanks and other military facilities in game?
19. is the beta out where can i get it ?
We'll have ports, radar stations, missile bases, airfields. It may be fun to have some other land-based stuff to shoot at, too. We'll see.

The closed beta is, well, closed. We're sprinting towards the launch now.