• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A shame. I've done a bit further reading and it seems to be ubiquitous on naval vessels, from battleships to patrolboats.

If the helicopter can land on a flight deck to refuel - it will. It's much safer and also faster than the alternative which is called HIFR (Helicopter In-Flight Refuelling). HIFR can be used if the helo can't land for some reason (the flight deck might be damaged or the weather conditions prevent it doing so) or if the vessel doesn't have a flight deck (e.g. a smaller patrol vessel) but does carry some aviation fuel. Adding it into the game would certainly increase the tactical options when using helicopters as you could use smaller vessels to basically extend their range although you would still need to limit the amount of time they can stay up to account for pilot fatigue.

I am not sure about that. I have not seen direct evidence the NSM is anything but ship-based. The JSM is tailor-made for the F-35. I would guess it could be adapted to helicopter, but the new NH90 carries Hellfire II for its strike capabilities. I assume at least Norway would want it to carry JSMs on their NH90s, which obviously is a far superior weapon at sea, but I don't know if this will and can be done. Anyone?

The game is set in 2030. One would expect NSM to have matured into JSM which will have carriage launch, air launch, surface launch and if I remember correctly will also be able to target large land targets (static) as well as ships.