• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes, that's how we would do a WWI or II game. However, putting so much effort into a damage model for a modern naval game is not efficient. Two torpedoes or four cruise missiles almost certainly destroy any ship (and you hardly fire them in single volleys). It's not a game of slow damage attrition; it's a game of avoiding getting hit in the first place.
Yeah, but submarines and surface ships are different things.

SHIP_SSN_Virginia_Block-III_Bow_Mods_lg.jpg

notice anything different, the new tommohawk tubes perhaps?
SHIP_SSN_Virginia_Class_Cutaway_lg.jpg

so does this mean that there will be an ssgn virginia class sub in the future maybe in the game perhaps???

so will there be a feature like a radio station, for example, if you were to get a submarine at periscope depth next to the radio station then you could see where some of the oppontnets units are bieng moved to? or maybe a grid reference-maybe having a grid that is a couple of miles in diamiter

Last edited:
i just remembered janH, if forgot to thank you for the welcome i recieved when i first signed up,thank you.
and i have a question,will the astute class aparent ability to detect ships over 3,000 miles away be included? and how do you plan to balance this and other western technology against the russian doctrine of quntity over quality, maybe more ships & subs for the russians to use and less ships but better tech for NATO?

Astute, we'll see how the detection ranges pan out really. 3000 miles sound very excessive, and I guess this is ideal circumstances and some darned loud ship! It is really hard to know for real, so we'll just have to make it work in a reasonable manner.

It doesn't appear that the "quantity over quality" military idea has been applied to naval technology, from what I can see. I know the specs are probably exaggerated, but Russian arms should really hold their own.

will there be something like battlestations: pacific trainging grounds? Where you have an invinate amount of units to practice against and with, where there are no objectives,you just have to shoot down things at random, maybe have it listed as an international training exercise?

No boats with deep immersion in the 6000m?:D sorry that you not Wikileaks:)

[video=youtube;10NEdVi5S5g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10NEdVi5S5g&feature=player_embedded[/video]

I believe this may come in handy for modeling purposes

They've still to take the main decisions on the T26 and its features (they'll do that next month) so that model could change rapidly before the year is out.

will there be something like battlestations: pacific trainging grounds? Where you have an invinate amount of units to practice against and with, where there are no objectives,you just have to shoot down things at random, maybe have it listed as an international training exercise?
I seriously doubt it, considering Naval War is absolutely nothing like Battlestations except for the fact that they are both naval combat games. NWAC is a realistic naval RTS game, not an action game where ships fight from a mere kilometer apart and their weapons have an extremely short range like Battlestations.

so will there be a feature like a radio station, for example, if you were to get a submarine at periscope depth next to the radio station then you could see where some of the oppontnets units are bieng moved to? or maybe a grid reference-maybe having a grid that is a couple of miles in diamiter
Heh, they had that tech in the 80's, and It didn't require a sub to be next to a radio station! :p The sub deploys a floating antenna and communicates with a satellite. Much more secure than radio.

First off, I would like to say hello, and I am looking forward to the game release ... even the Beta( which i applied for, of course).

I noticed in an earlier post that the Canadian Halifax class would be in the game, but would a Canadian HMCS Corner Brook ( Former Royal Navy Upholder class HMS Ursula) type submarine also be included? Thanks for your reply ... now get back to work on the game.:p

Hello and welcome BLZBUB,

We are not going to include the Corner Brook class in the initial release. Would be interested to see if Canada updates its submarine weapon in the future. Know of any specific plans to that effect?

*going back to working on the game*

Thanks for the reply JanH.
From the new announcements for building contracts recently announced by the Canadian government, Canada has tasked $25 billion into 15 new combat frigates, but nothing into the submarine arm. :blink: