• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Indeed. We're not promising any fancy scenario editing tools at launch, but yes, that would be rather easy to do once you understand the format.

We're not planning that, no. You'd have to check out some maps to find out.
So, game files not "free-open" like HoI? If I know how work with NF and C#,i can mod game? :) for example, I want little war in Sredizemnoe more with Turkey, NATO and Chernomorsky Flot? :D Impossible, right?:D

Rhetorical question: Can I change map? :)
What's about damage?

The map for the game is the entire North Atlantic region. It will not be at all easy to change that.

We have a rather simple hitpoint based damage model. In addition components (air deck, sensors, weapons) will be individually damaged. Components are repaired over time; hit point damage isn't. Damage can also cause fire, that can lead to further damage.

Aircraft are typically not damaged but destroyed.

The map for the game is the entire North Atlantic region. It will not be at all easy to change that.
good :)
We have a rather simple hitpoint based damage model. In addition components (air deck, sensors, weapons) will be individually damaged. Components are repaired over time; hit point damage isn't. Damage can also cause fire, that can lead to further damage.
Sounds cool, but do you have some screenshots?
about the aircraft: the number of missiles on board corresponds to the actual samples?

You have school in the morning, go to bed young sir!

Ah, right. We've started putting damage info in place, but it's not completed yet. We'll get back to it.
:sad: And where are then screenshot of damage? :D I don't ask for sink aircraft carrier. Maybe little destroyer?:eek:o

Sorry, it's not done yet :)

NWAC damage 1.PNG

This gives a bit of an idea. The carrier is on its last legs, obviously. You can see some AA weapons are knocked out.

Sorry, it's not done yet :)

View attachment 40911

This gives a bit of an idea. The carrier is on its last legs, obviously. You can see some AA weapons are knocked out.
Something in a pic i cant understand and this looks not friendly, but "work in progress" :)
Very cool to see "water level in the compartments" and messages: "Engine not work, you ship cant move", "Detonation of reactor" and etc

Yes, that's how we would do a WWI or II game. However, putting so much effort into a damage model for a modern naval game is not efficient. Two torpedoes or four cruise missiles almost certainly destroy any ship (and you hardly fire them in single volleys). It's not a game of slow damage attrition; it's a game of avoiding getting hit in the first place.

"Eggshells armed with hammers" is doubly true now, compared to when it was first uttered.

In the UAV thread, yes. It's a strong candidate, though we haven't fully decided yet. What will it be called when deployed for real?

Not sure, at the moment the X-47C has done flights and is on schedule (or has done) a carrier based test landing. I don't know of any names for it yet?

Based on the UK's interest in UAV's how likely would it be for you to include a limited flight of these on the Queen Elizabeth carrier?

Also with the Queen Elizabeth carrier what are you having it's hanger and flight deck capacity at. I know most "mainstream" sources claim 40 aircraft but for a vessel it's size that is so incorrect. I'm pretty sure with the hanger size and change to CATOBAR that is electromagnetic the QE will be capable of holding at least 50 aircraft.

Indeed, the 40 figure is hangar storage only and not the maximum I believe, as is the practice on Royal Navy carriers. It's increased complement is 40 plus 16-20 deck parked aircraft, which is what the Royal Navy call "surge" deployments I think. USN carriers routinely deploy with aircraft both stored in the hangars and deck parked unlike the RN who only store aircraft in hangars, hence the greater size of the US air wings. Both carriers can comfortably operate three to four squadrons of combat jets. A figure of 60 as a surge complement for the QE could be arrived at by the physical size of the hangars and the deck parking capacity.

It should be noted that a typical air wing on a Nimitz is around 64 aircraft though it is capable of more. Also, given the surge air group of 60 compared to the maximum of 85 for a Nimitz (64 is more typical), the QE air group is roughly 70% of the size. Though, I believe the size of the air wing means little at such a small difference given that both carriers have a projected sortie generation rates of between 110-120 per day.

I'd be shocked if the RN didn't store on deck in the event of a major war.