• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
JanH: The type 23 frigate has them instaled HMS richmond,sumerset,sotherlan,kent,portland and st.Albans will be in service from 2029 through to 2036
nimitz98: the 20mm Oerlikon is actualy the modern version of the Bushmaster not the other way around

JanH: For the US, it is installed on the Arleigh Burke and Tico currently with 2 per ship.

astute97: Production on the 20mm Oerlikon began in WWII, with modern variants still being produced. The Bushmaster has been in production since 1972. Modern variants are still in use and will be in use for many years to come.

30mm version
[video=youtube;joE_L5gPPgI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joE_L5gPPgI&feature=related[/video]
20mm version
File:20mm_gun.jpg

Look at the caption to the first photo in Dev Diary #2... :)

I KNOW!!! But there will be Laser AD by 2030 on the Burke FlightIII, and the MK38mod2 with TLS was tested successfully this summer against small fast boats and uavs and could be installed on many US Navy ships in a view years. At least the MK38mod2 and similar systems are now confirmed for the game. Thanks!

Another question: Will UCAS like the X-47B be in the game?

YAY!!!

I suggest you just keep telling everyone that you will make a DLC/Expansion that contains all theoretical and over the top future tech weapon systems.

Basically you need to add a few graphics for lasers and Gauss rifles and have a fun night or two with enough beer discussing potential stats for these weapons.

I am sure it might quiet people down enough and get a whole slew of us forumites to collect weapon systems for you ^^.

I am also sure that the most powerful weapon is kinetic energy. Tanks use it right now, and submarines and ships gravitate towards them as well. We simply know kinetic penetrators the most and thus can produce far more effective weapons with them.

Thats why i believe that if anything gets onto a ship it might be a Gauss type weapon. Its just a different method to make the kinetic penetrator even more effective.