• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's all about the Pegasus missile. Which should definitely be included on the Type 26 for this game :)....

A Super Sonic, Sea skimming missile, with secondary effectors carried on board to saturate missile defence... Also includes stealth features to help make it an even harder target to hit... :) Makes the LRASM look like a neglected child ;)

Course our problem is the government will go "Yeah... but no... but yeah... but no.... Sorry what was the question?" "No... I mean yes... no... maybe... Yes".... Oh damn look the price of the missile just doubled!!

Hello, I have been a big fan of naval wargames ever since I encountered "Fighting Steel" and Jane's "Fleet Command" and I am very excited to see this game in development. I was wondering if the game will include a "skirmish vs AI" mode for single-player and will the multiplayer mode allow for friends in an on-line setting to be on one side vs the AI? I ask because my friends and I rarely game head to head 'cause we're all sore losers...

Vaughn from Tennessee

Last edited:
Hello and welcome, Vaughn

There will definitely be "skirmish vs AI" scenarios, in addition to the campaigns which is of course also vs AI.

For multiplayer, we only promise competitive 1vs1 at launch. We have noted the great interest in coop, and we'd like that ourselves, so it's clearly something we'll want to add as soon as we can. I'm a pretty sore loser myself, so I get your point :)

Ah, thanks for the quick reply and I am pleased that you're looking into coop possibilities.

Though smooth gameplay and efficient coding must trump all, of course, I hope some thought has been given to attempting to capture some of the cinematic drama and beauty of war at sea. "Fighting Steel" was an excellent game for its time, but it suffered in time as technology marched on because it didn't age well and the poorly modeled ocean and sky environments and low-res models just looked ugly. In contrast "Battlestations Pacific" was a gorgeous game with beautiful environments and great looking ship models that played poorly, suffering from a poor AI and a non-intuitive UI, and was dumbed down too much to allow for easy porting to consoles (battleships spawning within a couple of km of each other?!). Somewhere in the middle are the games "Distant Thunder" and "Jutland" by Stormeagle Games. While Stormeagle made strides in gameplay and graphical appeal, the games were too rigid and simulator-like to be enjoyed as true games - in my opinion.

I hope that NWAC will set a new standard for naval wargaming gameplay and graphical appeal.

Good luck and good hunting!

Vaughn

I have a few questions:
1) will torpedos explode benath the targat or will they explode on impact?
2) how detailed will the torpedoes be?
3) will the water be darker the deeper you get?
4) will you be able to use an autocannon on a surface ship
5) will there be any weapons for a submarine on the surface e.g. a SAM or a GPMG for close in defence?
thanks for answers in advance and kepp up the briliant work,i can't wait for this game!

Hello Astute,

1) will torpedos explode benath the targat or will they explode on impact?
Heavyweight torpedoes explodes beneath the target, except this is a simulation and we don't use explosives when we are doing computer programming, but that is the idea of what is going on, yes.

2) how detailed will the torpedoes be?
We model their size, movement, depth, agility, range, onboard sensors and payload. The 3D models will be quite simple, but you'll see what it is.

3) will the water be darker the deeper you get?
Except for subs very close to the surface being seen from aircraft in good light, we don't model underwater vision at all. We haven't decided yet how we'll show underwater lighting in the 3D view. Not much fun making it realistically pitch black.

4) will you be able to use an autocannon on a surface ship
You mean CIWS? Yes. They fire automatically on targets, but you can fire manually, too.

5) will there be any weapons for a submarine on the surface e.g. a SAM or a GPMG for close in defence?
Some subs come with SAMs, and they are modelled, yes. You'll have to go to periscope depth or surface to use them, though.

thanks for answers in advance and kepp up the briliant work,i can't wait for this game!
Thank you, and you're welcome!

Heavyweight torpedoes explodes beneath the target, except this is a simulation and we don't use explosives when we are doing computer programming, but that is the idea of what is going on, yes.
Wouldnt that depend on what your target is? For a surface target you would, as you said, want to have the torpedo explode underneath your target. But for a sub you would have to use direct impact, no?

I am actually not sure how heavyweight torpedoes deal with submarine targets. They are multipurpose, but if they are really not created to penetrate hulls (like lightweight torps do), I am not sure that they are designed to try. I assume 300 kg of high explosives immediately near a sub under water would ruin anyone's day.

Anyone here actually know?