• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
We'll probably put it in. Appears to work more or less like a BrahMos, doesn't it?

It's quite a bit different. Although the speed and range are similar at a specified 2000 mph and 300+ km range the missile itself is a sea skimming supersonic missile. It even features an element of stealthy design structure and materials.

However the big difference is the 2 onboard effectors it has, in essence "mini-missiles". These will be capable of being deployed mid-flight to allow for either target at seperate points (for attack larger land structures) or to enable to missile to straddle a ship with multiple points of impact and also act as a way to confuse and overwhelm anti-air.

Hmm, right. That seems to require platform updates, which is a bit unlikely right now. Sounds neat, though.

I thought that may be the case. That said, I'd rather have the missile as a stealthy, sea skimming cruise missile that is just able to do a truck load of damage (to help simulate the extra missiles it has) than not have the missile at all?

I'm sure most people would prefer that compromise in any event. Especially as I can see the 2 effectors being the part of the missile that ends up changing in any event as that makes it a MIRV in any event and doing that on anything lower than the atmosphere becomes very complex. Possibly too complex for a weapon!

Will there be a new DD in July?

Hmm, right. That seems to require platform updates, which is a bit unlikely right now. Sounds neat, though.

Could it work around as a UAV launch that is able to launch 3 missiles midflight via self destruct?

- You launch the Perseus Missile (game treats it as a supersonic low level flight UAV).
- Midflight at some point the Missile (UAV) reaches its seperation point (Game launches 3 missiles and destructs the UAV).
- From now on 3 missiles try to hit a ship (Now game and player actually see the same thing).

An idea, though i do not know of the game works like that.

Oh yeah, and im really looking forward to this game.

Maybe you could do a reverse HOI like game. Its all about the battles, and you get to use some of the HOI game structure for a really, really simple campaign.

More for an expansion or so. But definitely fun :).

Hello and welcome Astute97,

Based on your name here, I am sure you'll be happy to find out that the Astute class will be included in the game!

The Trafalgar is scheduled for retirement in 2022, and will not be included.

We are not planning to include SSGNs in the initial release of NWAC, but we do notice the interest and they may be a welcome addition later.

There will be a good selection of subs, though. We are planning to include the Ula, Virginia, Akula, Lada, Astute, Type 212, Yasen, Gotland and the Ohio (aka Florida). Plenty of subsea carnage!

The four Ohio SSGNs are pretty much the same, right? Yes, they'll be there. I remember somebody called the SSGN variants the Florida class, unofficially, but I guess that is a bit weird when the lead ship was also converted.

154 Tomahawk cruise missiles! That's pretty nasty. Is there anything else in the world, besides carriers, that has so much conventional firepower? One of these subs can probably decimate any other navy in the world, or almost any country's major military facilities.

From Russia with love...

img18.imageshack.us/img18/6976/submarinepandora.gif

Seriously though, i cant really think of any ship carrying more punch than the Florida.
Really awesome sub.

BTW the Yasen is classified as a SSGN so you already have 2 SSGN included:).