• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No, we have a simpler damage model. It's hit-point based, but components of ships (weapons, sensors, aircraft facilities) can be damaged as part of the impact.

We'll leave the wikipedia article writing to somebody who isn't us :)

I'm a well established wiki editor, I could give it a go in the near future.

You now have a wiki page! Now, pay me in British ships! :p

Also, JanH, could you please provide me with an image of the games cover that falls under a free use license that I can place on the Wikipedia article I created for the game? The one I put up from the NWAC website seemingly may have copyright issues. Thanks!

Hehe. Cool.

Ah, the cover art is not ours, it is Paradox's. I'll ask if they'll give permission to use it on wikipedia. Do you know the procedure for granting such a permission?

After a quick re-read of Wikipedia rules on this subject, I believe that I can get it passed through myself through the "fair use rationale" (simply put, Wikipedia will let it slide as the image is being used for no purpose other than to identify the subject of the article and they therefore can't get sued! :p ) so that shouldn't be a problem. All I need now I think is to make the cover image low resolution. So I don't think you'll need to go to them about permissions and I can make the previous image I used acceptable to Wikipedia and their rather strict rules. Sorry for the false alarm, I had forgotten about the "fair use" policy! :p

PS: Feel free to point out any info that's wrong! (Your game will use the unity engine, is that correct?)

At any rate, Paradox (unsurprisingly) gave permission to use the cover art.

Well at least that's certain now, thanks for asking. I'll get the process started! :cool: :p

will there be any crew survivours e.g. if a ship or plane goes down could you be able to rescue ship crews or pilots who get shot down? even if it has absolutly no effect on the storyline. just to make you feel better about loosing a ship sub or plane?
and how do you compensate for the whole "Astute makes less noise than a baby dolphin" thing?
and balancing the NATO superfleets against rusty russian warships?-maybe a backplot of a cold war centerd around vital resourses. e.g. to keep russias oil russia must make itself millitarily viable in the atlantic
thanks!!!

Astute,

We're not going to have rescue operations in this game. We really would like to, but it's one of those good ideas that we had to cut for now.

We simulate both how silent a sub is (for passive detectors) and how its coating insulates against active sonar. The actual values will have to be tweaked quite a bit, obviously, to get it 1) feasible and 2) balanced for gameplay. I expect a lot of discussion no matter what we come up with :)

We simulate both how silent a sub is (for passive detectors) and how its coating insulates against active sonar. The actual values will have to be tweaked quite a bit, obviously, to get it 1) feasible and 2) balanced for gameplay. I expect a lot of discussion no matter what we come up with :)

As long as you follow the basic physics rule that detection chance scale with distance then I'm happy. Normally should scale squared with distance since the target area/sound to detect becomes 4 times as large/intense at half the distance.

( In rare extreme range situations it might scale linearely with distance if the signal can bounce back on surface/athmosphere/bottom with good enough effect )

Basically any sensor (no matter how primitive) should be able to find any sub (no matter how advanced) if its sitting right next to it :)

Last edited:
For example, if I decided I wanted to place a British fleet of my own composition against the forces of another country (that I again, can choose) anywhere in the games playable region, would I be able to create scenarios in this way?

Also, will their be any sort of national border markings on the map to aid in, for example, placing airbases in nations when creating a scenario?

For example, if I decided I wanted to place a British fleet of my own composition against the forces of another country (that I again, can choose) anywhere in the games playable region, would I be able to create scenarios in this way?
Indeed. We're not promising any fancy scenario editing tools at launch, but yes, that would be rather easy to do once you understand the format.

Also, will their be any sort of national border markings on the map to aid in, for example, placing airbases in nations when creating a scenario?
We're not planning that, no. You'd have to check out some maps to find out.

Hehe, now I understand. We don't have planned to include any such biologicals, no. Would be cool, though.
Maybe some birds?:) World will looks not dead