+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vista problems with the cache file

Vista problems with the cache file

Hello all.

I have been attempting to play the divergneces mod which requires the cahe file to be deleted initially so a new one can be created, however I am infomred by some members of the team that the cahe file is saved elsewhere in vista (other than of course map) and thus a new one is not fgenerated

Can anoyone point me to where the cache file is saved outside of map so that I can delete it please

Thank you

Go to the directory where the game is installed - if you made a copy and installed the mod to the copy then go to the copy.
    Go into the map directory and then the cache sub-directory.
    Press the compatibility files button. This will take you to the correct place in the VirtualStore for the game.
    If the button doesn't appear then there are no compatibility files - there won't be if the game is installed or copied to an unprotected directory (Program Files, Program Files (x86), and Windows are protected), if the game is run as admin, if the game hasn't been run, or if UAC is turned off.

Game is saved in program files, but I am running as admin so I guess that would explain why there are none. I have multiple copies saved as Victoria.2. *insert suffix here* could these files be interrupting the running of the game? They are located in Program files -> Paradox Interactive along with "Victoria 2".

EDIT: Problem now solved thanks to aerlic . Roughe Cache file can be found in C:\Users\*username here*\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Paradox Interactive for others wantink to know.
    Last edited by popvox; 30-01-2011 at 17:35.

+ Reply to Thread