[Feature Request] Alternate Controller Config

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jan 29, 2011
Hey guys, I've been trying for a while without much success getting multiplayer working but realized I could just connect 4 controllers to play which has been a decent alternative.

My problem is that the spell wheel is just way to slow for my play style to select spells. I switched it from the right analog stick to the face buttons on my controller (using a wireless 360 controller) so, X,Y,A,B this works much better for me for selection. The problem here is that you have to let go of one button before you press another so say I want lightning instead of pressing X,A which seems intuitive and quick I have to Press X, wait a second, A (This is obviously required for the spell wheel on the analog stick). This really messes with my mojo while playing the game and prevents me from casting as fast as I'd like.

The other feature I'd like to request is being able to map every spell to a button and button combos. I'd like to use the 4 face buttons and bumpers for spells so I have 6 elements I can press a button for and then make healing and shield a combo of buttons probably X + A and Y + B (healing and shield because for the most part these spells only ever need 1 magik). The other combo button I'd like to make is Left and Right trigger for casting a Magicka Spell (LT + RT).

In summary the features I'd like are
  • Remove the wait timer for the spell wheel while using buttons instead of the analog stick
  • Allow re-mapping of elements on a controller (maybe include it in an advanced section)
  • Allow Button Combo's to make casting spells more intuitive and open up more avenues for configuration
  • Wasn't in the paragraphs above but I'd like to be able to save controller configs and name them that way Each player can setup their controller however they want and have an easy way to select their layout

This is a great game and I know my requests are pretty far down on your list of issues right now, but I'd just like to say keep up the good work and can't wait to play MP without as many issues!