• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Szei

Sergeant
3 Badges
Jan 26, 2011
  • Magicka
  • 500k Club
  • Magicka 2 - Signup Campaign
So when I host a game, my friend can see it and join it. But when my friend hosts a game, I can't even see it on the list. Is there any reason why one may not be able to see a game being hosted? My friend didn't start the game, he was just waiting in the lobby like when I hosted mine.

So when I host a game, my friend can see it and join it. But when my friend hosts a game, I can't even see it on the list. Is there any reason why one may not be able to see a game being hosted? My friend didn't start the game, he was just waiting in the lobby like when I hosted mine.

?

I have the same problem. Must be related to port forwarding.

Basically, he's trying to host a game, but no one can see his server appear in the public server list. Therefore, nobody joins in! His friends must have been trying to refresh the lobby like hell, hoping he would see his friends' server.

I did that once, invited a friend from my Steam friends over Steam overlay, and he could join just fine and play with me. We were only 2, of course. :/

You do not need port forwarding in this game, atleast i do not need to.
Should be something else thats spooky there.