Thread: Elven Legacy alone isn't registrable?

Elven Legacy alone isn't registrable?

Just curious: I own Elven Legacy (the first one), but I can't seem to find an option to register it, I only see an option to register Elven Legacy Collection. So I just would like to confirm if there's really no registration for it.

Thanks in advance!

A bunny with a hat Moderator Nikolai II's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    Divine WindFor The GloryGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLost Empire - ImmortalsEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldRome: Vae Victis
    Hoi 2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

That is correct - only the collection can be registered.
    FSM! I am convinced. Are you?
    IPU! I have faith. Do you?

GENERATION 33: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

And, if like me, you got every expansion piecemeal, you still can't register any of it. Kind of pathetic.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaMajesty II Collection
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    War of the Roses500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the Vikings

Bought the 'collection' from Steam but no cd-key on those. Meh..
    The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise. - Tacitus

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLost Empire - ImmortalsEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldRome: Vae Victis

Not even when right-clicking on your game in the steam menu and looking for the option "show game keys"?

GENERATION 33: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolai II View Post
    Not even when right-clicking on your game in the steam menu and looking for the option "show game keys"?
    Heya Nikolai, each of the Elven Legacy chapters show as individual games when buying them through Steam (even when buying the 'Collection') and none of them give any serials or keys of any kind. Is a shame.. I own the whole collection as part of the Paradox Complete Collection from the Summer Sale - but can't register it on the forums to show my support for Paradox :/

Yeah, I've been checking that out as I'm trying to register all my paradox games now but a few are missing keys. Elven Legacy being one of them. Rather irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolai II View Post
    I purchased the Elven legacy Collection through Steam, and the base game and the three expansions are showing up independently in my Steam library. With most other Steam games the expansions are usually hidden within the base game - the expansion titles don't show up in the games list by themselves. Anyway, there are no keys available for the base game or the expansion packs. Same thing with City In Motion on Steam. The game has no key so I can't register it, or Elven Legacy here on the Paradox forums.

Quote Originally Posted by videogames10 View Post
    Same thing with City In Motion on Steam. The game has no key so I can't register it, or Elven Legacy here on the Paradox forums.
    That's strange.. I have registered my copy of Cities in Motion that I purchased on Steam.. I double checked and I have, so I went through and had a look at Steam and it looks like the CD Key is no longer listed there.. perhaps they removed the CD Key requirement with a patch? Crummy..

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaMajesty II Collection
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    War of the Roses500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by videogames10 View Post
    I purchased the Elven legacy Collection through Steam, and the base game and the three expansions are showing up independently in my Steam library. With most other Steam games the expansions are usually hidden within the base game - the expansion titles don't show up in the games list by themselves. Anyway, there are no keys available for the base game or the expansion packs. Same thing with City In Motion on Steam. The game has no key so I can't register it, or Elven Legacy here on the Paradox forums.
    Exactly the same situation in my case.
    The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise. - Tacitus

Same here. Bought the collection through steam and there are no cd-keys for any of them.

For Cities in Motion, check your DLC listings. That's where my cd-key is. It's listed as 'forum registration key'.

Private
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCommander: Conquest of the AmericasEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Lead and GoldMagickaMajesty 2Rome GoldSword of the Stars
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses

Lake Forest, California, United States, 108247155863632, Lake Forest, California
    same here

Same Here. I have the collection from Steam, and I cannot find any CD key (on the menu from the right, or by a right click, or by properties).
    So i cannot register it here on the forum.
    This topic seems kinda dead, i hope we'll have an answer !

Hippa

In most cases a collection pack on Steam is a bundle of the individual games and expansions which Steam calls a collection, this is not the collection you can register and get a key for. On steam you do get a key for each individual game and expansion if applicable. On other retailers, like gamersgate, you get the collection key. I don't know what the reason is for the difference among different retailers.
    .....*..................*................. ...................*.................................................. ...............*
    ........................*.......................*..........*....................................*...................
    ...................*....................* Blundering through space *........................................*
    .................................................. ......a Lost Empire Immortals AAR.................................................. .....*
    .................*........................ .....................*....*.................*
    ..............*.................................................. .*.................................*
    Discontinued

But I have not a single CD key (not for any of the DLC). So it's just impossible to get a key ?

For Elven Legacy only the collection can be registered on the forum. The individual parts don't have forum keys.

The only benefit of having the key Elvan Legacy is the little icon under your forumname. There are no other perks to having it. However for HOI or EU3 for example, it's necessary to have the base game registered here to have access to the tech support forums and such.
    .....*..................*................. ...................*.................................................. ...............*
    ........................*.......................*..........*....................................*...................
    ...................*....................* Blundering through space *........................................*
    .................................................. ......a Lost Empire Immortals AAR.................................................. .....*
    .................*........................ .....................*....*.................*
    ..............*.................................................. .*.................................*
    Discontinued

Slinky's got it all right, and replied before me
    (I check the threads, but there isn't much more to say)

Yargh I want my icon!