• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jan 29, 2011
I don't know why but when i try to play Magicka the gameplay is really slow. I downloaded it from steam, i have 4gb ram, almost 100gb free space, running on win 7 32-bit home. Please help because this looks like a brilliant game and i'd really like to play it. Tq.

I have the same problem as you, and my computer is similar (and I use Win7 too).

2ypkxsp.png

And still, it runs very slowly. This should be fixed rightaway...

Last edited:
I have the same problem, and I tried doing this. It helped slightly, but the game still is very choppy, and unbearable online.

Specs:
ATI Radeon 3000 graphics card
2.8ghz processor II x2
4gb ram
500gb hd space

They put out a patch recently thats supposed to help alot with choppy performance on high-end machines.

I did have some stutter on my machine (and it can DEFINITELY run this game no problem) but I managed to get it back to smooth 60fps by going down to Medium shadows. Still running it on 1920x1080, and now it runs smooth. High shadows used to lag.

The patch seems to have improved things though, I'm back on High shadows.

Hi,

Just wondering if there's anything approaching an actual fix for this? The only work around for me is windowed mode, which annoyingly means having a border. You might think that's nit-picking, but I like a proper full screen.

I have an ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 series graphics card, Win 7 64-bit and 6gb of ram and I have to run at lowest settings in 800x600 and it still lags sometimes. Is there something wrong with my hardware or is this bug not fixed yet? Because this is really annoying..

same problem really, annoying

CPU
You Have: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 630 Processor

CPU Speed
2.8 GHz Performance Rated at: 5.6 GHz

RAM
4 GB

OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

Video Card
NVIDIA® GeForce 9200

Sound Card
NVIDIA High Definition Audio

Free Disk Space
1TB

whats the issue it seems to lag very badly in single player, and impossible to play online.

could someone please help.

notebook k50in

CPU
Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T4300 : 2.1 GHz

videocard
NVIDIA® GeForce® G102M, 512MB VRAM

OS
Windows 7 ultimate x86

RAM
2GB

Free space Disk Space
~100GB

same problem, very low fps
only at a resolution of 800 by 600.... in other cases - unplayable

Last edited:
HP Pavilion dv6
Windows 7 home premium 64-Bit
355.8 Gig HD Memory

I'm not sure about my graphics cards, I don't know how to look, but it's all default stuff.

What version number ?

Like:
HP Pavilion dv6-6b80eo
HP Pavilion dv6-6b36eo
HP Pavilion dv6-6b12eo
Don't know if there are other versions also. Can you provide your version ? dv6-xxxxxx

The HP Pavilion dv6 above have either Radeon HD 6750M or HD 6490M graphics.
The 6490M is a lower middle class card. And only has a 64 bit memory bus. And will probably have some lag issues with parts of Magicka. Specs here.
The 6750M is much better. A fast middle class with a memory bus of 128 bit. Very similar performance as the "required" GeForce 8800 although, as it's mobile, not quite as good as the discrete card. Should be able to run Magicka just fine, at least on medium settings. Specs here.

If you can't find any version, please post your DXdiag (specs). Member zenstar have decribed how to in this sticked post. ( Or if you like this description better. ) In here you can attach the textfile to your post.

Without graphics (exact model) there's no way to suggest anything "worth while testing". So please return with a bit more information.

Having the same problem, even on the absolute lowest settings. My PC should absolutely run this.

Funny thing is I always put off buying this game, never did, finally bit on the deal. Now I probably shouldn't have...

Another funny thing is a lot of ppl. say their computer meet the required specs. But don't post their DXdiag to confirm this.

I'm not saying ppl. lie. But the required GeForce 8800, even though it's quite old now, is a fairly powerful card. There's a LOT of new card out there that are FAR below the 8800 specs. Any new card will have the features for launching Magicka. But a lot of them do not have the performance needed. So dear members. Please post your DXdiag. How to is in a sticky posted by member zenstar.

Including your DXdiag will also enable others to actually give some relevant advise.

Hey everyone,

I bought Magicka from Steam today, sadly i have the same problem with the low Performance/FPS?, it's really hard to play...
Window and Fullscreen tried, Graphic settings from Low to High tried, change Language from German to English, because I'm from Austria, update the Graphicdriver, close everything,...
Nothing change :(

Here ar my DXdiag:
DXdiag.jpg
DXdiag2.jpg

Hopefull someone can help me!

Hi Niak
Thanks for the effort, but that is ~0,2% of your DXdiag. ( just guessing the % )

You have some type of Intel GMA graphics shown in the second *jpg you attached.
There's nothing about an (as required) dedicated graphic card.
ALL Intel GMA versions are way below the required GeForce 8800 // ATI X1900
If you can play Magicka without getting the infamous "Can't load certain chapters" it's great performance by your Intel GMA.
With this hardware, there is nothing else to do then setting everything possible as low as possible. Magicka requires better hardware.

Just to make sure we didn't miss a second graphic card, or something else important. Please attach your full specs.
Like this:
Bring that window up again, (Start > Run > type DXdiag > Enter) then click on the button "Alle Informationen speichern ..."
Save the file with default name and default directory. ( Your desktop)
That will produce a DXdiag.txt -file with your complete specs, all hardware, OS, all drivers and more. It's a ~1'000 line textfile.
Open the file using Notepad, in the first few lines, delete your computer name if you like. ( Only real "secret" in this file )
Attach that textfile to a post here, and we can se if there's any help to provide.