• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jan 29, 2011
I looked for a solution for a good 20 minutes on steam forums and here, anyone have any ideas? When I first installed I could see only a handful of games (5-6 at a time) but now I cannot see ANY games, even if I restart the game over and over. I can join my friends games via steam friends, but not by IP. I have all steam ports and 7331 forwarded.

my prob is kinda similar but yet a bit different...
i get to see much games but not every time. so i start magicka and it shows a lot of games - sometimes i'm able to connect, sometimes it just cuts off the connection... leaving me with no connection at all and therefore no games. i try to refresh and start the game over and so on but still no games. then if i wait a couple of minutes and try again - tadaaa - a full list of games... and it starts anew...

i'm trying to play coop adventure for 2 days now - staring at the screen, waiting for games to show up just to see that my connection is gone again. 2 days and only 2 times i was lucky enough to be able to play :O i got only about an hour of fun for much much more hours of waiting :< it sucks.

is it just me or is this a known issue? maybe i got something wrong with my config and stuff. any ideas what could be wrong at my side, if it's not the game's fault?

Ok, I wanted to follow up with what I found. I use Comodo firewall and it has a sandboxing utility, I turned that off along with moved Magicka to trusted application. Before I had chosen for Comodo not to sandbox the game and to always allow any in/out tcp/udp transmissions and even enabled game mode.

Its weird cause the only difference is I labeled Magicka as a trusted application instead of just a normal application allowed to do anything... lolwut..

But it works, and I can see about 10-15 games at a time when refreshed.

Have you tried updating your router/modem firmware? I heard some older versions tend to drown due to the current bug in Magicka sucking too much bandwith -must be an overflow of udp or tcp packets whatever I am clueless-.