• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
but shooting the president, personally I'm down with that but others may not be. of course the germans are still there and the army seems to have decided that the war is lost so they may as well not die, so anyone diagreeing is likely signing there own death warrent

@nimrod and Nikolai: Shooting the president is a huge action, and there are those who disagree with it on the American side for sure. A day or so after I took DC I received the "Americans sue for peace event" that apparently occurs when you take a good portion of the American north-east industrial centers. I'm calling that the cease-fire. The event itself doesn't do much but turn the US into a puppet of Germany... and turn over all German territory in North America to the USA. I can get that back through the trade screen, but even though I have a few updates to go through still (maybe) for the global conflict. The war in America is effectively over now and that should have some pretty serious consequences for the remaining allies.

@nimrod and Nikolai: Shooting the president is a huge action, and there are those who disagree with it on the American side for sure. A day or so after I took DC I received the "Americans sue for peace event" that apparently occurs when you take a good portion of the American north-east industrial centers. I'm calling that the cease-fire. The event itself doesn't do much but turn the US into a puppet of Germany... and turn over all German territory in North America to the USA. I can get that back through the trade screen, but even though I have a few updates to go through still (maybe) for the global conflict. The war in America is effectively over now and that should have some pretty serious consequences for the remaining allies.

the remaing allies have less combined IC then you have in the orginal germany by now don't they? they probally have less combined forces then you as well.

your remaining enimies should do a finland or italy, but the AI can't/won't do that with out events

@Nimrod:

Looking at info for July 10, 1942.

The allies combined after the fall of the USA have about 400-600 combined IC depending on if they are experiencing material shortages at the moment or not. I know the USA was short metal prior to the 4th of July 1942 and has ~ 509 IC, apparently the metal shortage is only costing them ~20 IC total. Japan has about 1000 IC if they manage to get some more metal, otherwise they have about 550 IC with their metal shortage and no real lack of other resources.

I have about 440 'combat' divisions ie everything except garrison and militia (136 and 209 divisions respectively). The combined (non-USA) allied strengths are also about 400 combat divisions. The USA has 330 combat divisions in various states of strength. To compare, the Empire of Japan and her puppets, who are also at war with the Allies has 346 combat divisions and another 60 or so garrison divisions.

World Power ranking at a glance
1. Imperial Germany.
2. Imperial Japan
3. USA
4. The other allied nations (India is probably first among equals here)

@Nimrod:

Looking at info for July 10, 1942.

The allies combined after the fall of the USA have about 400-600 combined IC depending on if they are experiencing material shortages at the moment or not. I know the USA was short metal prior to the 4th of July 1942 and has ~ 509 IC, apparently the metal shortage is only costing them ~20 IC total. Japan has about 1000 IC if they manage to get some more metal, otherwise they have about 550 IC with their metal shortage and no real lack of other resources.

I have about 440 'combat' divisions ie everything except garrison and militia (136 and 209 divisions respectively). The combined (non-USA) allied strengths are also about 400 combat divisions. The USA has 330 combat divisions in various states of strength. To compare, the Empire of Japan and her puppets, who are also at war with the Allies has 346 combat divisions and another 60 or so garrison divisions.

World Power ranking at a glance
1. Imperial Germany.
2. Imperial Japan
3. USA
4. The other allied nations (India is probably first among equals here)

how has the better navy, you or japan?

A Time for Peace (I swear its not too late)

July 10. 1942
Over Niagra Falls, US/Canada Border
Field Marshall Rommel

The last week had seen the fighting in the Americas come to an end for the most part. In some of the more remote regions commanders still pushed their recon units out to scout the enemy lines in preparation for an attack they all hoped would not have to come. Few recon units from either side, returned back to their own lines unscathed, but nowhere did it provoke a general attack either. The fighting continued to rage in the Pacific Theater against the Japanese, but remained a theater that the new German Empire had to date completely ignored.

Peace. A real chance at peace. Rommel thought as he looked over the briefings his staff had assembled for him. George Marshall, born 31 Dec, 1880. Graduate of VMI. Fought in the Philippine-American war. Aid to General Pershing on the Western Front. Coordinated the battle plans for the Maas-Argonne Offensive. Widowed with no children and married again. Three stepsons. He closes the folder, and leans back in his seat as the helicopter begins to set down on the north side of the falls. Stepping out of the helicopter spray from the falls begins to wet his uniform coat, but it is no matter for his counterpart is also soaked.

General Marshal, I presume?” Rommel says in passable English.

Marshall nods, “Field Marshall Rommel, I have asked you to come here this day in order that we may end this war now, rather than continue to spill blood to only prolong the inevitable. Do not misunderstand me, we still have the power to resist your forces and make this whole affair a much sadder one for the mothers, wives, and children of our young men under arms. Already we have agreed to a cease-fire, which has been kept. I ask you, what are the demands of your government?”

“The demands of my government are as follows. Firstly, the person or persons responsible for the attack upon the Kaiser and his family are to be incarcerated until such a time as the German government and whatever proviso government the United States or its successor is under can come to an agreement as to their crimes and they are tried. There is more to that, but let us leave that up to the politicians. Secondly, we ask that the non-German controlled portions of the United States be broken into smaller entities along the existing state boundaries with a German governor overseeing the state, its reconstruction etcetera of a period of about 50 years. Thirdly, all US territory under German control will also be broken up along the existing state lines and a German governor will oversee the state, its reconstruction, and so on. After this period has passed control will revert back to the individual states however, Germany will retain all transit and basing rights for both ships and aircraft within any state even after that time. It is similar in many respects to the agreements when the United Kingdom was annexed by Germany last year. Perhaps most importantly, American citizens now have full citizenship within Germany, minus some voting and representation rights. They will get that in 50 years or so, and at that time along with the citizens living on the British Isles have the choice to fully integrate each state into the Greater German Empire, or retain a status similar to that of what Puerto Rico is to the United States right now.”

“You said simple?”

“No, I never said the terms would be simple, but you would not believe what they tried to give me.” Rommel looks away at the majestic beauty of the falls. “So, we are agreed?”

“Yes.”

Marshall sticks out his hand, Rommel shakes it.

Seeing the shaking of hands the German aide says “Thank God.”

His counterpart responds “Ja.”

“You know Field Marshall, this isn’t completely over yet.”

“It might as well be though. Japan is pushing all of your allies very hard and once the United States is gone, it is but a matter of time for them to win I should think. I do know though that Ribbentrop will not let that stand and will be in the next few days be calling for a general worldwide cease-fire. We will not lose this peace the way that the Entende did after the Great War. Our terms are difficult, yes, but not impossibly harsh and I think at least if we are offering our greatest foe a hand up after being knocked down, it might just be possible for us to win that peace.”

fin

That's a harsh peace. But the Americans ave no choice.

That's a harsh peace. But the Americans ave no choice.

It is a harsh peace to be completely honest. That being said I have saves about 2 months from now where I have troops all over the Caribbean (which I have mostly ignored to date) and where my troops are marching into Seattle and San Fransico about the same time. That turned into a grinding slugfest with me struggling to find enough units to exploit a new attack and them only barely being able to defend against each attack. I have to say though this is about the best HOI outcome that I've ever had and about the longest game I've ever played as well I think. It has been quite the adventure with this AAR over the last year and a half. Thanks for everyone who has come along for the ride.

good work, congratulations and that was awesome

So can we see a map of the future borders of the German Empire?

Borders of the German Empire

Eurasia.jpg

Eurasia. The Swiss, Romanians, and Greeks are more trouble to conquer than they are worth.

Africa.jpg

Africa. Most of Africa has fallen to the Belgians and Liberians. Between them there are less than 50 IC.

Indo-China.jpg

Indo-China. China belongs to Japan and they are pushing into India.

PacificOcean.jpg

The Pacific Ocean. A lot of empty islands and oceans.

Americas.jpg

The Americas. Surprisingly I cannot liberate each state within the USA through the diplomacy menu at this time. Technically, I am still at war with the Canadians, but no matter.