• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Julian, good to see another old timer.

I believe publicity is now the business of Paradox, however I agree with you that gaining some publicity on sites like you mentioned would be positive for the fanbase.

Xmasbeer is right, I think that the game officially went "non-indie" with Paradox's backup, not sure indie-db is the place to be anymore ;)
And so far, Para is doing a great job at advertising the thing, from a customer point of view. They got me here!

Good to see you here, too, Julian.

I'm not sure what the authoritative definition of "indie" is exactly, anyway. :)

Paradox is certainly doing a great job spreading the word. As we are getting more material available (like, something playable with a decent UI), it is a better time to push for attention. Always open for feedback and suggestions from you guys, both now and later! Thanks for the support.

No, it refers to companies that do not recieve funding from publishers and therefore handle the distribution themselves as well as have 100% control of the creativity of their games.

The way I see it, Paradox are publishers. I have no idea if Paradox will also support Turbotape Games economically (obviously devs did not share that info due to NDAs), but if Paradox will handle only publishing part and nothing else, then I guess Turbotape Games will remain an indie developer with a partnership.

Fun fact, Petroglyph Games (formerly known as Westwood before assimilated into EA and having all employers quit and start a new) are technically an indie company, but they have a respectable budget for the games they are making and probably the best game music composer.

If I am not mistaken it is not so long ago that Paradox Interactive itself was an indie developer :p