• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(255017)

Recruit
1 Badges
Jan 26, 2011
  • Magicka
I purchased Magicka on release from PC GameStore and never received my survival kit code. I did receive a "custom 1" code, but have no idea where to enter that. Where does one go to enter the code for the survival kit (if this custom code is in fact it)?

Same problem here. I wonder if the issue might be that I registered during the regular setup, rather than registering it in Steam . . . ? I tried going back into Steam and entering the registration code there, but no dice. No wizard hat for me. :(

No alternate outfit available on the setup screen, and did not get the bonus items in the tutorial. I wonder if the problem could be that I purchased it from Direct2Drive . . . I wonder if the D2D keys had the bonus material activated.

I got the kit from my Gamersgate version... Although the only stuff that showed up was the extra costume and magicka (probably just me missing the weapons though or something.) I got an extra code on top of the regular serial key, and entered the second key into Steam under "Add new game..." > "Activate a product on Steam", if that makes a difference.

same here, I guess it really have to be bought from steam... strange policy though... they need to give it to us just for the bugs in the game ))

... Even if you dont buy it FROM steam you have to activate it IN steam. The game is ONLY able via steam atm.

When you purchased from any retailer other than steam, you should have been provided a code for the DLC. You enter the code in steam. From in the steam program, go to 'Games' then 'Activate a product on Steam...' Voila, DLC. If you have any more trouble, keep me posted. :) Enjoy the game.

When you purchased from any retailer other than steam, you should have been provided a code for the DLC. You enter the code in steam. From in the steam program, go to 'Games' then 'Activate a product on Steam...' Voila, DLC. If you have any more trouble, keep me posted. :) Enjoy the game.

I only got 1 code, and it didn't work, I guess they forgot to give me the dlc code. I contacted the store and waiting for response now...

To follow up to my earlier posts, in Direct2Drive, the DLC is listed as a separate game; you have to click "Download" on the DLC entry, at which point it gives you the registration code; you then enter that into Steam, and presto, wizard hat. Problem solved, at least for me.

+1

I also bought my copy from Amazon. I called them via their "contact us" page and they had no idea about any bonus content. They said that my request was being forwarded to their marketing department for further investigation.

Buying through Amazon

I just called amazon customer service and got put through to the download department. He informed me that there was no information put out by anyone else, and no reports for him to see. I told him about the person calling someone that forwarded the request to marketing, and he said he wouldn't have escalated it that way. Instead, he filed a report to send to the Paradox and try to resolve the DLC issue that way, and will follow up with me in a couple of days or if anything's changed.

I've also sent an email via the magicka web page about purchasing through amazon and not receiving a code for the bonus DLC.

Needless to say I was a bit shocked when he told me I was the first to contact them about this issue, esp when I know that some of you have tried to contact amazon about it already. Of course, you may not have gotten to the download deptarment?

I just called amazon customer service and got put through to the download department. He informed me that there was no information put out by anyone else, and no reports for him to see. I told him about the person calling someone that forwarded the request to marketing, and he said he wouldn't have escalated it that way. Instead, he filed a report to send to the Paradox and try to resolve the DLC issue that way, and will follow up with me in a couple of days or if anything's changed.

I've also sent an email via the magicka web page about purchasing through amazon and not receiving a code for the bonus DLC.

Needless to say I was a bit shocked when he told me I was the first to contact them about this issue, esp when I know that some of you have tried to contact amazon about it already. Of course, you may not have gotten to the download deptarment?

now this is funny. i was told they will escalate inquiry to "software and development" team. may be it is still in the process, or may be they just brush people of when contacted online....