• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wow, war with France! Did you have to part with any territories or did you hold them off for long enough to sign a white peace?

(ok my mind was able to fix itself enough to go through some more play but only until the next war, any more is out of the question today, damm me taking those Spanish Cores, does anyone mind if I try and get rid of them)

Now that our has begun to settle down into peace and prosperity. Great factories wonders of the civilised world pour huge pillars of smoke into the air in the production of goods on a scale never seen before. Surly these wonders have no equal in their glory. We have also began forming our troops into new Elite regiments of Guards who fight with a vigour unequal from any other troops available to our forces.

v298.jpg

We also developed Machine Guns. What a terrifying weapon that is the steam of lead could cut down entire divisions in minutes if you had enough of them. With this new discovery we begin to subjugate the tribes to the south of us in order to prevent the French growing stronger, we also send some of our troops down to assist in both suppressing the natives and Building infrastructure for the colony. This shouldn't take long and will be another example of our strength in the eyes of the west.

v299.jpg

Two ambassadors enter the chambers of the ML
SA: My lord we are here with a simple message that a state of war now exists between our two nations.
FA: As his ally I'll be joining him in this war against you.
ML: Spanish ambassador are the Spanish so weak they need help from the French.
SA: They offe......
(ML pulls lever and wall opens up 2 Moroccan guards are there with a machine gun. IT opens fire tearing both SA and FA to bits)
ML: those machine guns are most effective You can only really know when you see them used like that.

v2100.jpg

v2101.jpg

Wow, war with France! Did you have to part with any territories or did you hold them off for long enough to sign a white peace?

NO I was able to sort of hold my own I really am bad at knowing when the gig is up and can fight when even other players would have given up long ago. IN terms of the white peace If I remember I just had a look and noticed that they were willing to accept a white peace which was pretty lucky but for all I know the Spanish and French are going to declare war every 5 years until eith both of them are destroyed or I'm able to remove the Spanish cores on mu territory

i did warn you about the spannish, dutch and french... i did not expect USA to go to war with you... that was weird... dutch algeria... weird not seen that :S

Fortunately the only enemies I have now are The Spanish and The French (well for as long as they honour their alliance) and anyone else that want's a piece of me. Colonization may be be hindered but I've got a lone division in the South that can keep that Up during the war. I'm trying to stop the French from expaning

yeah since you westernised the AI can no longer demand concessions, so you will most likely only see spain attacking (as you have some of "their" land... but yeah keep it up and stop the Big Blue Blob (you can tell i have played a fair bit of EU3 recently) from expanding

Yeh your right the Netherlands in the last war was just being opportunistic when they attacked me. If France breaks their Alliance with Spain then they will probably stop attacking as well.

I'd say Spain deserves to have al-Andalus rebuilt on top of them as repayment for their constant declarations of war.

I'd say Spain deserves to have al-Andalus rebuilt on top of them as repayment for their constant declarations of war.

That probably will not happen for a while if at all. My navies hopeless against the French and If I do land troops in Spain, France will just drive me into the Sea with It's Hordes

With the start up of the war we were ready for a fight but we knew we were horribly outclassed on both land and sea by the French and after the finishing on the next part of philosophy we began a huge attack on the Military technologies determined to get as many as possible to keep us in the game against the French Hordes. Early signs were promising as a victory over some Spanish left over from the Last war were wiped out by our Guards while they only had Infantry. More battles with the Spanish would follow showing that we were at least better than the Spanish. However the overconfident French added their own war goal to give back more Spanish land.

v2103.jpg

v2104.jpg

We continued colonising in the south and were able to colonise the rest of West Morocco before moving on to beat the French in a race for control of the Mauritanian coast before moving inland to inner Mauritania. Then we gained control of the Area surrounding Timbuktu before beginning the Colonization of the Western Inner Sahara.

v2105.jpg

v2111.jpg

v2118.jpg

In the Americas one of our old adversaries The USA got into more trouble when Hawaii broke away from them and formed a new government which was opposed to the USA. Seeking to restore their position they declared war on the CSA and their Mexican friends and after a long struggle added the remnants of the confederacy to the Union. At the same time in Cuba the Local Spanish government collapsed and an Independent Cuban Government was set up by the Locals.

v2106.jpg

v2107.jpg

v2115.jpg

Other events during this Period included the USA building the Panama canal producing one of the great industrial marvels of our time. While the Sweds were given control of the Congo despite arguments by our representatives that it would be far more effective for Africans who could more easily get along with the area's natives to own and so produce more goods as it would be more efficient. Also the people demanding women's Suffrage stepped up their campaign by sending letters to many important people in our country until we were flooded by them.

v2117.jpg

v2119.jpg

v2119.jpg

The War went badly despite a small victory of a Spanish fleet our navy was swept aside by a huge amount of French warships which we had no hope of stopping. After several Clashes with the French they sent a huge army against us and despite a victory we had no hope of stopping it and we agreed to surrender our northern most regions to the Spanish in exchange for the end of the war.

v2108.jpg

v2109.jpg

v2112.jpg

v2113.jpg

While in real terms our armies didn't shrink as other men were called up to fill the places we did lose irreplaceable population which was small despite our size.

Another Idiot of an Ambassador visited the ML

DA: Grand leader of Morocco I must inform you that we are going to press our claims on your nation
ML: What claims, the only claims you have on our nation are those you made up just then and where going to convince me you had.
DA: Well if you put it that way then yes.
(ML pulls lever and a trap door into the dungeons opens up. In their are about a dozen lions and other wild beasts captured during hunts made by the Moroccan people and foreign representatives. DA is torn to shreds in seconds)

v2121.jpg

With the return of war the People of Morocco prepare to lend their strength to the unending struggle they know they have to live through. They all know that peace is in no way permanent and that it is only a gap between wars. If war doesn't end soon then the destabilised Moroccan will to fight may collapse.

Tough times... at least you'll have one less Spanish core for them to want back.

War with the Dutch could be easier than the French due to the reduced numbers of troops and less advanced ships and troops. However the large numbers of Dutch ships and Troops could create sizeable opposition. We begin clashes with the Dutch forces in Algeria and prepare our forces to fight. At sea we engage a Dutch flotilla but are driven back as Dutch reinforcements pour in and overwhelm our ships.

v2125.jpg

Colonial expansion continued despite the war with small forces assisting the efforts and more success was achieved with the colonization of the western central Sahara. However despite our great size some regions have more people than our entire country which is seen by many as a weakness any could exploit.
v2126.jpg

Our focus on advancing many parts of the military tech tree as such came to an end with the third line completed we begin developing the basics of the Naval tech tree before increasing our educational ability and our troops experience and reinforcements rate.

v2127.jpg

After many fights with the Dutch forces we finally get the better of their remnants and crush and capture the last few survivors after weeks of pursing them around Algeria. This frees up our forces to begin seizing Dutch land in Algeria.

v2128.jpg

In a second naval battle after the beginning of the occupation of our holdings in the Canary Islands we destroy much of the Dutch fleet and force some ships on to rocks which wreck them as they tried to flee the battle.

v2129.jpg

Our continued colonial efforts bring us great glory again and again but obviously some administrator in our colonies have angered the local and threaten law and order in the area. This proves unacceptable but with our attention else where we can't act and hope the situation will get better on it's own. On the same day we finish colonial efforts in the eastern half of the Central Sahara.

v2130.jpg

But the Dutch obviously unwilling to keep fighting a difficult war in distant parts of this world to them decided to pull out. The opportunity of peace was taken with both hands and we where happy to end this Conflict. Morocco is on shaky grounds having to fight European powers whose ability to deploy and support troops is impossible in Morocco.

v2131.jpg

With our standing in the world increasing as we held much land and had won many wars we were considered one of the great powers of the world. great power influence was instantly sent into Spain to patch up damaged relations with them. Around the same time fellow great power Mexico was beaten into the ground hard by the USA who took all the remaining land with one of theirs claims and took a northern part of Mexico Proper.

v2132.jpg

Later it became clear that the source of Nile wasn't known and the Royal geographic society offered rewards to anyone willing to go after this price of epic proportions. We rapidly sent out an expedition to discover the source of the Nile which gather much information but failed to find it exactly so we sent out another one at once. While waiting for it to return the Ottoman Empire announced that they had found a lost tomb in the valley of the Kings belonging to the Pharaoh Tutankhamen. This left our team devastated which returned shortly afterwards having found little of real value. But our unhappiness was short lived as our expedition found the source of the Nile river and firmly put Morocco's name on the map.

v2133.jpg

v2134.jpg

v2135.jpg

v2136.jpg

on the back of these great discoveries we went onwards with the colonisation of lands in Africa with our colonization of Niger region we continued our drive east to cut off the French from valuable land to the south which we wanted for ourselves.

v2137.jpg

A Diplomat came to see the ML

British Ambassador: Ah you see great news for you and your people almighty leader of Morocco.
ML: Ok I never get great news so this may be interesting.
BA: we have realized that your people would be far better off if ruled by the almighty British Government. So it is war.
ML: really do you and your government have anything better to do then coming along and picking on us like taking more valuable land in India that is also cheaper in terms of Infamy.
BA: well we could do that but we decided that putting Morocco in it's place was a better use of our time.
(ML pulls lever and Pit opens up but BA is only just managing to balance on one edge. ML sighs and pulls another lever which causes a big red fist to burst out of wall and hit BA into pit where he is shredded by saws powered by Dogs running in wheels under them.)

v2138.jpg

Quick recon on the border told us that Almost as many troops as in the Entire Moroccan Army where just in British west Africa. It was going to be a tough and nearly impossible to win war. Just another day in Morocco.

v2139.jpg

(the Brits outnumber me by about 100 to 1. If no one minds I may have to manipulate the game to aid me. I'll give you grand tales about spies and Assassins to reward you if you say yes. If the answer is no I'll have to give up probably)

What's the British war goal?

Same as all the others (except the Spanish reconquest wars) Taza region miles from their nearest territory

Which one was that? The one where you found diamonds? (Made it "precious metals" or whatever it was called I assume?)

As to the manipulation I personally wouldn't mind. It's your AAR, do what you have to do.