• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This could be like the Tunisian AAR I followed, where if you can survive the initial few years of attacks by every man and his dog, you'll have a good chance to go far.

Every man and his dog seems inaccurate. Tunisia is more centrally located and so would get more attacks as it's close enough to the Italian states for them to get their. At the moment I've only been attack by Spain and the Netherlands

So far so good! How long do you think it'll be before you can civilize?

With the return of peace great steps forward to rebuild Morocco's shattered armies although they had not been defeated there supporting populace had taken great losses and replacements were few and far between. Having completed the Moroccan bill of rights our learners and educates where put at work to develop new lanes of Idealogical thought which our nation could purse. Meanwhile the Spanish and the French were tearing great chunks out of each other but the French failed in their objective to seize Catalonia from the Spanish and were forced to settle to having them in their sphere of influence which they accomplished the day after the end of the war. Some hoped the French could put a leash on the Spanish and stop further attacks from them but most knew this wouldn't happen.

v253.jpg

More Diplomatic news of Interest soon appeared as the Dutch issued a declaration of war to our neighbours the Algerians and despite heroic resistance the Algerians had to give up Setif region to the Dutch giving them a land border to us. The French who failed for some reason to intervene on Algeria's side then added them to there sphere of influence. Some suggested that they were trying to get the Dutch on side and didn't want a trouble some truce with them to hinder efforts.

v254.jpg

v258.jpg

Also of note was the forming of a grand coalition of states in Northern Germany under the Leadership of Prussia. We hope this new North German Coalition will be friendly with us as it has shaken up the local political order and unnerved some members of the court greatly.

v255u.jpg

Suddenly the winds of westernisation which had been blowing through Morocco for the past decade and half reached a crescendo and turned into a gale as Europeans started to move into our country bringing new ideas but angering the local populace at the same time with the arrogance of the Europeans.

v256.jpg

However diplomatic bad news arrived in the court as bad will in Spain led to the French being unable to exert influence to defend their position and the Ottoman Empire took advantage of this and dragged Spain out of the French sphere of influence. This caused great alarm. The truce was nearly up and no one was holding Spain back they would surely attack if they felt up to the job. This caused great anxiety in the court as the months moved on.

v257.jpg

Latter on we finally finished Idealogical Thought and small teams begin work on the various splinter ideas this leads us into while the main team focuses on Basic chemistry which is by itself unremarkable but other ideas leading from it have great potential. around the same time Spain got into a conflict with Egypt concerning the Island of Crete which the Spanish claimed should be theirs. Some hoped this conflict could convince the Spanish to look for more land In Egypt rather than Morocco but the conflict ended uneventfully.

v259.jpg

Around the same time as this we had a informant that rebel groups were forming. We knew that the liberals had gained strength and that A new group called the Anarco-Liberals had formed who believed in economic freedom and small government which let the people do what they want mostly had formed and militant groups had been forming under their banner with the possibility of a armed uprising in the future many in the court felt very worried.

v260.jpg

By now most of our Divisions supporting pops were back to full strength and we had been able to form another one of those new western style Infantry Divisions and plans had been formed to replace all our irregulars with western infantry but such Plans were put on hold when a nervous diplomat from Spain visited out great leader.

Spanish Ambassador: Glorious Moroccan leader I have a proposition for you from the Spanish government.
ML: Oh really are they going to leave us alone.
SA: not really, do you remember how you took some land off of us in the First Spanish Moroccan war?
ML: yes are you going to renounce you claim to land that is now ours and shall stay ours until the end of time.
SA: (increasingly nervous) No we were going to ask for it back or we shall fight you for it.
ML: (with of a sigh of disappointment) Guards kill this man.
(SA turns around as guards flood the room, he attempts to flee out a side door but 3 guards burst out of it as he gets there and hack him to pieces)
ML: Now where was I, Raise the Alarm we are at war once more.

v261.jpg

War has returned to North Africa and now we have nothing to gain from this unless we want colonies on distant parts of the world. Will Morocco ever know peace for longer than a truce will last.

Well this war won't necessarily give you nothing, there's always Humiliation ;)

No I'm not going to be able to muster the 15 warscore required for humiliation no matter what I try I can't land a large enough force in Spain at the moment to make a difference.

but the Dutch are completely different I'll probably take Setif off them if they declare war again It will still be full of my primary culture by then I hope

The next update will be up soon. It covers 13 years or so and the Europeans are deciding to kicking me so I can't get up.

2 new nations are going to be joining the party any one want to guess who they are

Edit: Might be 2 two updates actually there's a lot to say

With the return of war to Morocco the court was in disarray and there was some panic in the court. Our brave navy sailed out to engage the Despicable Spanish. Suddenly diplomatic news of great note was received. The French after failing in their last war for Catalonia had decided to try again and had declared war on Spain. This brought a sigh of relief to the court for now.

v262.jpg

Our fleet was also bolstered by the French Declaration of war as high quality French ships joined the fight against who responded by bringing in reinforcements to try and stem the tide but so badly outnumbered they were doomed to fail and only 2 groups of clipper transports were lost in the fray.

v263.jpg

DA: Ah mighty Moroccan leader I have something to say to you.
ML: Is it a declaration of war?
DA: yes but....
(ML pulls leaver and trap door opens under DA and he falls in, screams and sounds of crocodiles are heard)

v264.jpg

Despite the war our leader decided to set an example and sent gave his children an education under the strictest standards in the west. To get a teacher he looked for a nation least likely to declare war. He decided to pick Switzerland as One it had a good education system and 2 being land locked he doubted that they would try and declare on them but he had been wrong before so he wasn't optimistic.

v265.jpg

Fortunately the Spanish seeing they were getting no where with the war sent a letter asking for a white peace. We happily accepted and decided to try and reclaim setif region around the same time to drive the Dutch out of North Africa.

v266.jpg

We also attempted to engage the Dutch fleets and had some success destroying one fleet after several clashes with them destroying 4 frigates for no losses but even so the Dutch fleet still greatly out classed us and we launched an operation to occupy Dutch Ghana to convince them to give in.

v267.jpg

Around the same time a new Ambassador paid a visit to our leader.

Portuguese Ambassador: Ah hello leader of this grand nation I have something of great interest to say to you.
ML: don't tell me a declaration of war.
PA: well if you put it that way well yes.
ML: okay just put your left foot on that tile there and we'll be at war.
(PA puts foot on tile, clanking sound is heard above, roof opens and massive rock falls and squashes PA, guards reset machine and send out orders)

v268.jpg

Despite the heroism of our forces we are unable to make the Dutch give up their land. Although the Portuguese surrendered, the Dutch were proving stiff opposition so we decided to swallow our pride and accept a white peace which will hurt them just as much as it hurts us but will delay the inevitable Westernisation somewhat.

v269.jpg

With the return of peace our problems started to settle down again somewhat but other nations still had great problems. Unrest in the United states of America (which didn't seem very united) caused the Manhattan Commune to break away from the rest of the States. Meanwhile we were given reason to believe that the rebel groups were infiltrating the armed forces which could make an uprising far more interesting.

v270.jpg

Meanwhile after completing publishing Industry and Basic Chemistry we developed lines of thought linked with empiricism and began working on medicine to allow to create settlements in more hostile regions and allowing us to field more troops in a region as well as increasing population growth and reducing attrition.

v271.jpg

Another New ambassador arrived at the court and demanded to be allowed to speak to our leader at once and was let through to see our leader.

American Ambassador: Ah glorious leader of this backward and barbaric country we have come to remove you of the burden of owning so much land. (pulls out pistol) Starting by getting rid of you.
ML: Oh really. ( pulls lever, door opens to the side0
AA: what is this.( turns round to see huge bolder rolling down at him) AHHH. (turns and runs away from it, after several seconds sees light up ahead and runs out exit, only to fall down a cliff on to well placed Spikes)
ML: oh dear I thought those Americans would have had enough problems of their own with out having to create more, I've heard that the southern states were going to leave the union in the next few months.

v272.jpg

War has once more returned to Morocco and the clam of the court is replaced by A frenzy of Chaotic preparations for war as the Americans surely will not give us much time to prepare our defences before the war breaks out into deadly fighting. I also hope our sultan's prediction about the Confederate States breaking away soon will come true It would make life so much easier.

I can't help but think Morocco would research things quicker if the best and brightest of Moroccan society were not being used to devise new ways to knock off foreign ambassadors.

No,no ,no The leader is coming up with all that in his spare time he comes up with ways to kill the ambassadors who bring news he doesn't like

Hehe... I like the diplomatic exchanges. The USA shouldn't be much of a threat - very distant and with revolution brewing. Still, it's interesting how they decided to declare war on you.

Hehe... I like the diplomatic exchanges. The USA shouldn't be much of a threat - very distant and with revolution brewing. Still, it's interesting how they decided to declare war on you.

War declarations are simple to play out, more positive exchanges may be more tricky

War with the Americans wouldn't be as simple as other nations. For one while the Moroccan Navy used wooden ships the Americans used ships of Iron and Steam which could destroy our fleet in a ridiculously short period of time and turn of grands ships to matchsticks. Meanwhile we developed Empiricism which gave us enough Prestige for westernisation and now we only needed a few more leaders and a moment of peace to introduce the changes. We then began working on principles of command to be published in a soon to written manuscript

v273g.jpg

Then news came from USA that the confederates had shaken of the Union and declared their independence from them. With forces in the south fighting Americans some turned out to be confederate allies and if only we had known then they could have beaten up each other and reduced our losses immeasurably.

v274.jpg

(ML is looking at banks of levers trying to remember what each one does when SA enters)
SA: Hello grand leader of this Nation I'm here to discuss with your concessions you will Pay to the Spanish Government.
ML:( Just realized something) Ok well be a good chap and stand on that green tile will you.
(SA stands on green tile, ML pulls green lever and trapdoor under SA opens up dropping him into a Pit of acid)
SA: AHHHHH, this is war you know(dies)
ML: knew that the from the first word you said, Chemistry was such a good invention we would never would have been able to do that before. It was also a good thing I colour coded the Levers to respond to where they should stand and made a handy map of it all. Came in real handy.

v275.jpg

Then our navy sailed out in a bid for glory and to damage the American ships strangling the Coast line but in a moment of stupidity the Americans High command accepted white peace based on the reduction of the number of Blockades on the Coast which was the result of the Battle drawing in American ships. Regardless we lost the 3 remaining ships to the Spanish but one war was over and we knew that soon we would have to work on improving the navy and that was the next objective of our research teams.

v276.jpg

Around this time rising militancy among our populace caused reforms to be instituted which lead to wealthy people getting the vote before middle classes got it under a weighted system. This lead to the creating of A Prussian Constitutionalism form of government which soon lead to the first elections in our nation

v277.jpg

Suddenly alarms were raised thought out the Palace. The Spanish had been spotted crossing the straits and were coming to us eager in goal to make us heel. But we would not be bowed by such wimps and our forces readied for war our prepared to drive them into the sea.

v278.jpg

As our forces prepared to go to war and assault the Spanish Forces invading our country we received news about the results of the recent election which had taken place in our country. It ended with a resounding victory for the royal faction which got all the areas contested. The system of appointing members to the upper house was changed as well with it now being based on population.

v279.jpg

We then received news from the front lines of the war against the Spanish. We had won a resounding victory over them and over the next few days proceeded to hunt down and destroy any remnants of their forces. The Spanish later Mobilized and sent more forces over but we were able to repulse them.

v280.jpg

( DA enters room and confronts our almighty leader)

DA: This is your last Chance to peacefully give up those lands on our border with Dutch Algeria.
ML: you heard my Responses before and I thank you for standing on the Orange Line like you did.
(DA looks at floor and sees line, ML plus orange lever and Blade falls from ceiling and cuts DA in half)
ML: Bloody work but most certainly effective at getting rid of problems like these Ambassadors.

v281.jpg

With their forces suffering defeat after defeat at the Hands of Moroccan Forces the Spanish sent a message asking for and receiving a white peace. Now all attention could be directed to the Dutch and quashing their ambitions and restore peace to Morocco.

v282.jpg

The Dutch Obviously worried by the Spanish withdrawal from the conflict request a meeting where they demanded very forcefully a white peace upon we replied that such force was unneeded and we would be happy to accept their request.

v283.jpg

The Dutch clearly had other Ambitions at work and soon after wards declared war on the Algerians seeking to integrate the rest of Algeria in to the Dutch African Empire. This worried some in the Court that soon the Dutch may become too powerful to hold in check but most were unconcerned and felt with westernisation around the corner we could hold our own against them.

v284.jpg

Then after 33 years of brutal fighting to maintain Moroccan freedom from subjugation we increased our standing in the west until we were considered to be one of them and an almighty western power. At the same time we signed the Geneva convention which also helped improve our standing among the other powers.

v285.jpg

A new age has dawned on Morocco were we will be the one demanding great things off the westerners and some many new lands and new technologies will come into Morocco and the future is bright if we only have will to go and claim what could be ours.

:eek: And I thought playing as Morroco was basiclly suicide and is a main capitial punishmint for north korean war prisoners.:rofl:;) You certainly have proved me wrong sir.

:eek: And I thought playing as Morroco was basiclly suicide and is a main capitial punishmint for north korean war prisoners.:rofl:;) You certainly have proved me wrong sir.

you right it isn't suicide no nation is not even Tripoli but it does kill your sanity to play them particularly when the AI dog piles you and it's certainly no fun

Now A civilised nation our state hung in the area on the edge of secondary status but it was a tentative hold at best and little would come of it as nothing could be colonised yet so there was little to gain from it but a botanical Expedition to Dutch Harbour offered a possibility to get ahead of rivals in the race for secondary place status. We dispatched some of our greatest botanists to see if they could find anything worthwhile. The mission later reported back that other nations had made the best finds leaving them highly deflated.

v286.jpg

After another election it seemed support for the Nationalist party was growing as they were able to win a region making them come in second place with the Radicals and Liberals failing to win control of a region. Our political was the as it had been for a while now but they operate the voting rules under a middle and above system which excludes the poor from voting and our upper house election system is based on the population voting in an area.

v287.jpg

Morocco mostly consisted of it's primary culture but sizeable Berber, Bedouin and Spanish minorities existed. In a cunning plan to speed up assimilation we created restrictions on what they could build. It was hoped that they would integrate better if they had more reason to integrate.

v288.jpg

Great news reach The capital later for the Algerians in a stunning display of competence had repulsed the Dutch invaders from their lands. We gave thanks that more of our brother were not under the dominion of foreign over lords.

v289i.jpg

At the world anti slavery conference held in Morocco there was a dispute over the rights of women voting. Apparently we had to delay this important goal because women want the vote. While not particularly outrageous as an idea we have far more important things to discuss in the short term so this idea will have to wait for later.

v290.jpg

News reached the capital of a dispute in the border regions of our country with Great Britain. Apparently local Moroccan fisher men were arrested for sailing too close to Gibraltar and were arrested and charged with spying. But according to eye witnesses the Fishermen where just off the coast when a Royal Navy Vessel arrested them. This incident had best be avoided in the future as I don't want such an incident to be repeated.

v291.jpg

Suddenly a Guard came in.
ML: what is it.
G: two ambassadors one from France and the other from Spain arrived with news. Spain has declared war and the French are honouring their Alliance with them.
ML: what did you do.
G: well I took the French Ambassador and fired him from a cannon into a cliff. The Spanish Ambassador ran away but Slipped on a banana peel and cracked open his head.
ML: well we are at war now so go and ready the troops.

v292.jpg

v293.jpg

As the war progressed I don't want to remember the horrors we saw and the many great numbers of battles that took place and the naval clashes that happened. I need only say that the French in their arrogance decided to escalate the war by giving back west Morocco to the Spanish.

v294.jpg

Many armies came from across the desert intent on waging war but a large force was detected Having come by sea to bring death to Morocco.

v295.jpg

During this time A Dutch Ambassador came to see our almighty glorious leader and announced that the two countries were at war once more and he was dropped down deep under ground into a room full of gunpowder which then exploded and vaporised him instantly.

v296.jpg

During this period we applied to the Egyptian government for rights to begin looking for lost tombs from the time off the Pharaohs using our substantial knowledge of Excavation and working in desert environments as well as being their brothers in faith it is easy to see why they chose to accept our offer as they were unable to pull of such an endeavour by themselves.

v297.jpg

Time continued to pass and the wars we where tied up in ended but we could only know one thing, Our current forces were not enough and they were badly out classed by they Europeans armies, while more muted against Spain and The Netherlands it was thrust into the limelight in the war against France whose forces clearly outclassed our own. So it was decided more military techs was needed including Machine Guns ,which would allow us to colonize the desert in our area, which we are close to processing which would drastically alter the balance of power in the area.

I can't help but think that the army would have much better gear if most of the treasury didn't go to elaborate traps to kill ambassadors. Though it seems as if being an ambassador to Morocco has become a favorite way to get rid of prisoners on death row.

I can't help but think that the army would have much better gear if most of the treasury didn't go to elaborate traps to kill ambassadors. Though it seems as if being an ambassador to Morocco has become a favorite way to get rid of prisoners on death row.

Not really It made of spare money and their built cheaply. For example in the gunpowder room they used second hand gunpowder

Might not be an update today my sanity has been torn to shreds. Repairing it is under way by playing a restful (in comparison) game as Zanzibar

Might not be an update today my sanity has been torn to shreds. Repairing it is under way by playing a restful (in comparison) game as Zanzibar

Well, though mentally damaging rest assured that it makes an entertaining read :)