• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok its on now, Svip dared to call Avignon crazy, No matter how true it may be. Its still Heresy! Ulm will now be my stepping stone to dealing with the HRE!

:rofl:

Well heres a quick update for you all. Nothing has happend in 2 years of waiting (literally, no diplomacy, no real interesting wars etc.) But ofcourse Naples has to ruin a possible 3 year streak by embargoing me:mad:
avignonaarnaplestradedi.jpg

And the Ruler of the tiny, insignifficant nation of Ulm insulted us by calling us crazy. He thinks we are not the True Pope. This is Insulting, and since the Emperor refuses to recongize this Heresy, and refuses to hand over the fake Pope, we have no choice but to Dismantle it....................

Uh oh.......................I'm am unable alt+tab back in game:confused:...........um........

Ok, false alarm. My game is working properly now:cool:

Ok, back to the aar

So the Emeror is now guranteing me now? I wonder if he realizes his doom will come soon...........in a few hundred years.
31359774.jpg

Huh, who knew that giving more people freedom ******** them off?
avignonaarbadluck3.jpg

Well, it was fun knowing my army.............

to be continued after a cure for Minecraft fever is discovered:rofl:

Haha, loved the real time false alarm! :D

Did you win against those Rebels who don't believe in the True Pope?

saved as they rose up against me, and i won't win, 7000 with shock value 2 General vs my 2000 wth no general. Since Romagna didn't core yet (or rome) i can't afford any more than 2000 soldiers.

But I wanted to get back to Minecraft sooooo badly also, thats why the update is shorter than the others, i will update tomorrow aswell.

EDIT: Also i'm following your Ferrara AAR to, and i am enjoying it. I might not post but i follow most aar's, and keep track of which countries are made fun of. Thats why Ulm will suffer becasue of Svips words.

Sir, you are the best pope. I shall follow your catholic path.

Wow didn't see that one coming...:D
I was expected a pithy comment as always but with the power of the ultimate pope and enewald, I
feel a disturbance in the force...:eek: or maybe that's my family's cat knocking something over:(

Here we are again, when we last meet, i had a horrible revolt in Romagna (7,000 vs. my 2,000). Well, as expected i lost teh battle (but saved my army). So i'm thinking i'm going to "herd" the rebels into Naples territory and have Naples deal with them.
avignonaarrevoltloss.jpg

but a tempting thing to do is to let them take Romagna and Hopefully Rome then defeat the rebels, then i will release Urbino as a Vassal. I know i won't make as much if i wait ot core it, but i need money NOW!

Wait, where the hell did these guys come from?:eek:
avignonaarwtf.jpg

Okay..............................This is bad..............Sadly gambles never like to pay off:(
avignonaarfailedgamble.jpg

Hm.................i need a plan quickly. My Goal is to Stop teh Seige of Avignon asap, as I do not have the troop numbers to take it back (and losing it will basicly destroy me finacially).

SON OF A **********************************:mad:. This literally happend the day after losing the battle above.
avignonaarnoooooo.jpg

And my option to end this is even worse!
avignonaarsonofa.jpg

I won't do it unless i have no choice (i gave france military access, they may help if i'm lucky).

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
avignonaarcollapse.jpg

So all I have left is Roma...................Romagna is guranteed to go (giving into the rebels demands will ruin me beyond repair. And Roma dosn't core for another 32 years...........I think this aar is over sadly.

Now lets look back an reflect on what not to do. All of this was beyond my power sadly, as the Rebels that took Avignon wheer funded Auvergne to take a French Province, but retreated into my lands. So most of this was beyond my Power. Let me know what you think, I can still play, but i'll never recover from this (And Naples looks Hungry, and wants a bite of Rome).

Oh dear. A horde of mercenaries to stop those rebellions might have kept you alive, but would have destroyed you economically. And really, that's also the only way to keep Rome alive. Not looking good seeing how large rebel stacks Rome produces...

Oh dear. A horde of mercenaries to stop those rebellions might have kept you alive, but would have destroyed you economically. And really, that's also the only way to keep Rome alive. Not looking good seeing how large rebel stacks Rome produces...

I had no money, i was trying to keep my inflation down (3% is too high for me), and I would have collapsed anyways, just faster. those Rebels at Avignon where a fluke. But theres not much you can do sometimes.

EDIT: Now that i think of it, I bet Svip was behind the Rebels as i had plans to take Ulm.

Never give up!
The spirit of the pope shall not die until the papal tiara is destroyed in the fiery fires of Mount Vesuvius!
The lord of the cardinals shall rise again!

I had no money, i was trying to keep my inflation down (3% is too high for me), and I would have collapsed anyways, just faster. those Rebels at Avignon where a fluke. But theres not much you can do sometimes.

When you start as a minor, you sometimes end up in a situation where you have no choice but to eat the inflation and take loans in order to build and upkeep troops. Survival comes before inflation management as you can always reduce inflation later but coming back from the dead is impossible. :) That said, you of course were in a very tricky situation and had bad luck to boot, it can be very hard to compensate for a surprise blow like that one... :(

Sadly, I am dead right now, Rome is not a core, I'm not the same Culture (i can change that) and Naples is dying for an excuse for Rome. But thanks for teh tips there, i try not to go in debt or have high Inflation as i always seem, incapable of it (when i finally start reducing it, BAM! More inflation events).

Status
Not open for further replies.