What's the deal with the machine?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

delra

Master of Orion
34 Badges
Jan 27, 2008
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
There's a magician behind the throne, there are some smaller magicians running from the side door, one of them has shield on.

There's a red bar at the top suggesting I am fighting the boss. When I kill the shielded magicians the machine is broken but the dude behind the throne just stands there and doesn't move - and I can't do anything in the game.

What am I supposed to do in this room? Am I stuck because of a bug or my own actions? Replayed the fight a bunch of times, I can't seem to get it right.

This was kind of a joke for me. In the process of realizing the warlocks will keep coming and coming, I was running around (avoiding those guys), trying to figure out how I took off about an inch off of the red bar. It looked like explosions were doing it. I tried aiming at the thing, but it wasn't hurting it at all. I'm still pretty new and uncoordinated at this game, but I was plain baffled by this one. Eventually, in my evasion, I ran behind The Machine and one of the warlocks followed me. I attacked one of them as I came around the other side, and the guy that followed me started shooting at me--through The Machine. Things that I couldn't see (probably underneath the machine) were bright and started exploding, I got hurt, so did the other warlocks, and the machine started losing life like a gambler loses money. I didn't move, just picked off the warlocks while that one stuck behind it took care of the dirty work for me. In retrospect, he was very close to the peddling orc.

I laughed for a solid minute at the animation afterward!

~JeffRockson

There is several ways to do it,

first time i tried when i didnt know what to do i stood behind the machine and watched how the casters casted beams and so on the machine (trying to hit me) and when i saw that it damaged the machine i kept on damaging it.

But now when i know what to do i just get the machine down quick with a beam and then i just get the boss down :)