• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tegetthoff

General
14 Badges
Apr 14, 2006
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
The Core Developer Team is proud to give you the first open beta in the development history of C.O.R.E.!

CORE 0.50 for Arsenal of Democracy (0.50.15)

This version will work with AoD 1.06b1 patch - and only with this patch

It is designed to be played on normal / normal

Download the mod here:

http://www.filefront.com/17853937/CORE2_0_5_0_15.exe

Checksum is PWUE

Graphics packs (separate download):
CORE 0.4.9 Black & White graphics pack (137MB) - if needed rename into .exe
CORE in Color graphics pack for CORE2 0.4.9 (170 MB) - if needed rename into .exe

Enjoy!

P.S.: This should work with the graphics packs that have been published together with the 0.41 release over on the HOI2 forum. Don´t take my word for it, but I can think of no reason why it should fail.

Last edited by a moderator:
We encourage feedback and look forward to your comments. We need help and observations in the following areas:

SCW is very sluggish and usually results in a stand-off. Please report on the progress of the war and anytime you have observed one side winning

China holds out longer against Japan, but not long enough. Please observe the duration of the Sino-Japanese War

Please report on the progress of Barbarossa in any game you play

Just as i whos about to head off to sleep u go and releace it bye bye sleep..... ;)

This is drawn off my installation, and I use colour graphics.

When we go for a full release, Hagar and I will have to spend at least a week sorting out the graphics to get back to a proper "pure" B&W set.

Btw, are the events for partition of China the "official" CORE events or those you have added yourself, Tegetthoff? I tried looking a bit into the files but cant find them(I still have the old Core for 1.04 that had them).

I've been playing the new version for a couple of days off the CORE board as Germany. It's July 1939 and France has only sixteen division, and none of them are in Metropolitican France. The only reason I will hold off invading France is because I think that if you do it before 1940 it screws up the events...

My bad. It was with .14. It was still disconcerting.

Last edited:
The partition of China events are the "official" CORE events, which means more or less the vanilla events.

For historical background:
I did my private East Asian Improvement package prior to being invited to join CORE. This included a modified China surrender event chain. When we started the quick conversion of CORE 0.49 i just worked off my installation, which included this event chain (and the Suiyuan campaign event chain).

However, CORE 0.50 is taken off CORE 0.41, and this version contains only the Guangxi annexation events. To put the China events back in, we would have to discuss this in the dev group and there are so many other items of interest at the moment that this is not top of the agenda.

But I am happy for any support for the China event chain (with the roughly 700 ways of splitting up China)!

T.

I've been playing the new version for a couple of days off the CORE board as Germany. It's July 1939 and France has only sixteen division, and none of them are in Metropolitican France. The only reason I will hold off invading France is because I think that if you do it before 1940 it screws up the events...

My bad. It was with .14. It was still disconcerting.

Please make absolutely sure that you have a new install with AoD 1.06b1 installed. What you are reporting sound very much like a bad install.

Is anybody else seeing this?

have to wait 5 more hours b4 i can test it but will let u know if i run into similar

But I am happy for any support for the China event chain (with the roughly 700 ways of splitting up China)!

I think everybody should support that, the vanilla events are absolutely horrible. Still, could you please tell in which file are your own events stored(in the 1.04 installation) so I can(hopefully) get them to work with 0.50 myself?

I am working off my memory here:

I think that I included two event files called JIP_china.txt and JIP_china1936.txt in the 0.49 version. They contain all the files that I modified for China / Japan. Some of them are the Guangxi/Guangdong events that are now part of CORE proper, so they have to go out.

To activate the events you have to exchange the China surrenders to Japan event - that is event 3814 in \vanilla\cored_nationalist_china.txt. Just drop in the event 3814 you have in CORE 0.49.

The China events make a couple of changes to tech teams - of course the tech teams activated have to be in the tech team files. With AoD, you can replace those command lines by command lines changing the tech team properties or you just comment out any waketeam there is.

Please note that there are some elements in the event chain that could now be disabled. For example the Nationalist Chinese army is eliminated by a cycling event, this can now be handled with the new commands of 1.06.

One basic reason for the China event chain is no longer there: it was the only way to work around the leader bug in HOI2. Since this leader bug no longer exists, several elements of the chain could be programmed in a simpler way.

But another reason is still there: since the events do no annex China and then re-relase it, China stays at its low tech level and is not re-cast as a Japan clone. Similarly, warlord governments are released by China and not Japan, so they are also low tech.

When I coded the events, I did not yet understand some aspects of CORE such as puppet flags. Any proper release of the events would have to include this.

Hope this helps,

T.

Thank you very much !

I really appreciate your decision to go for a public beta.

I will install it immediately, I will try to report you regularly about the areas of your interest.

Best regards

Hmm I keep getting an error message when I try to load the mod it sticks on "initializing details" and then flashes up the error "ERROR : (unknown statement) policy_development_subsistence' Line=9 file=mod-CORE2\db\revolt.txt" Can anyone tell me what this means? I checked the file it mentioned and everything seemed fine except the policy it refers to appears to have been commented out in the policy.txt but not in the revolt.txt.

The relevant files are revolt.txt, ideas.txt (in ideas) and new_text.csv (in config).

policy_development_subsistence should not be commented out in ideas.txt.

I cannot say more from here and have to wait for the evening.

Please make a fresh install of AoD 1.06b1 and then install CORE over it and report back.