+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [MAP] Denmarks Administration in 1399

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

[MAP] Denmarks Administration in 1399

I'm working on a map giving Denmark more provinces.

You can take look on it here. click for larger view (half of the original size):

[JPEG compressed version]

I know it's way too large to fit into the map of eu3, but for now I divided into danish herred. I did because as far as I know the herred are the oldest administrative regions Denmark has been divided into and all other divisions such as the syssel, len or amter where built on the borders of the herred.

The syssel (link to danish wiki) maybe are an option for EU3, but I'm really stuck with the feudal fiefdoms called "len".
    There are some texts / books around the net but my knowledge of danish language is very poor, so I don't understand.

Are there any guys around that know something about danish feudal fiefdoms? Again a link to danish wikipedia because there is a list of those len: link. Informations about which herred built a len unfortunately is rather incomplete.

Europa Universalis III: Coat of Arms, Interface, Screenshots
    Victoria II: Flags
    Terra Maiorum (EU3 Map Project): Denmark, British Isles, Caucasus

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

How many provinces are you aiming for? Even the syssels (shires) are to small for the EU3 map. You got 14 in Jylland alone.
    “You see, señorita, mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where.” - Cortez, The Longest Journey

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Europa Universalis IV

I'm working on a mod focused on a detailed HRE. I'm not sure about the provinces by now. But as far as I know the divisions of Denmark in the 15th century were the len. Is that right? I'm looking for a proper map or description of them.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

I've actually been working on a total conversion mod for EU3 that changes its map to ONLY a map of Denmark, but around the same size as the previous world map. It's not historical or meant to be taken seriously but I am also in the process of dividing Denmark up into provinces (I've gotten almost half of Sjælland done and have reached 380 provinces), so if you need a province map or anything just message me and I'll send you what I got (I don't know if it'll work in Divine Wind though - I've gotten it to work somewhat in HTTT with constant crashes, but I think the map itself is fine).

Also if you need help understanding any Danish texts, just message me as well, I speak it fluently.

Командир Батаљона DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Guys, dont get me wrong, your work on these maps is really great and all, just dont forget that EU3 is not CK2, once you finish these maps what you gonna with them? With EU3 mechanics you cant really simulate a medieval feudal dynamics. I kinda learned the hard way after wasting 10 hours adding like 500 provinces

Europa Universalis IV

@majortopio
    Thanks. I really appreciate this! Just in case you're looking here first: I need a map or a text as reference to split Denmark into the len of the later medieval period.

@DanubianCossak:
    I want to get back to what the title of the game implies: my mod for Europa Universalis is meant to take place in europe, especially the HRE. There were so many counties and such, it's a shame there is only a dozen of them in the game. The map of Denmark in the first post is just used for reference. As the herred are the oldest provinces Denmark has been divided into, I will build the actual provinces shown in the mod onto these. Preferably I want to use the len of the later medieval period before the amter came in 1662. So at the end I will split up Denmark into only 10-20% of the provinces shown in the map above.

Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

I think I found exactly what you need. A map of all of Denmark detailing where all the Len are, what their names are, and what their function was. Hope you can use it! I'll keep searching.

http://www.fynhistorie.dk/node/13641?size=_original

Europa Universalis IV

I already found this map. Maybe I'm blind or something, but I can only see the herred and the belongings of the church etc.

Where are the len??

Example: As far as I know (according to this site), there were the following len on Fyn:
    • Ørkil
    • Hindsgavl
    • Nyborg
    • Tranekær
    • Kærstrup (Tåsinge)
    • Hagenskov
    • Næsbyhoved
    • Ærøhus
    • Rugård
    • Odensegård

I can't find anyone of them on the map.

Quote Originally Posted by minefield View Post
    I already found this map. Maybe I'm blind or something, but I can only see the herred and the belongings of the church etc.

Where are the len??

Example: As far as I know (according to this site), there were the following len on Fyn:
    • Ørkil
    • Hindsgavl
    • Nyborg
    • Tranekær
    • Kærstrup (Tåsinge)
    • Hagenskov
    • Næsbyhoved
    • Ærøhus
    • Rugård
    • Odensegård

I can't find anyone of them on the map.
    It's strange, because according to the legend, every single color except dark red and orange should be len... I'll keep looking though, if all goes wrong I can always just find the towns from which the len got their names (if they even got them from towns) and place them on a map and it could just be split up that way.

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by majortopio View Post
    It's strange, because according to the legend, every single color except dark red and orange should be len... I'll keep looking though, if all goes wrong I can always just find the towns from which the len got their names (if they even got them from towns) and place them on a map and it could just be split up that way.
    The len were built on the already existing herred, just like the syssel before. I'm not sure when exactly the system of the syssel had been abolished but as far as I know that process started about 1350. Can you confirm this?

So... as the map I made shows the herred there should be no need to draw new borders.

There is a list of len (or some len or whatever, I don't know) on wikipedia:

Code:
    Kongelige danske hovedlen (mere end ét herred) og slotslen, angivet med eksistensår. Se også Skånelandenes len
    Nørrejylland 	
    Aggersborg (Han Herred) (1560) • Bygholm (1369-1617) eller Stjernholm (1617-1662) • Bøvling (f. 1597-1662) • Dronningborg (1547-1662) • Hald (1536-1662) • Hønborg (1369-1493) • Kalø (1365-1662) • Koldinghus (f. 1389-1662) og Rosborg (e. 1397-1477) • Lundenæs (1375-1662) • Mariager (1603-1662) • Randers (1547-) • Riberhus (1368-1662) og Varde (1368-1439) • Sejlstrup (1536-1651) • Silkeborg (1536-1662) • Skanderborg (1369-1662) • Skivehus (1377-1662) • Skodborg (1375-1417) • Tordrup (1419-1496) • Ørum (1367-1662) og Hillerslev (1406-1423) • Åkær (1548-1662) • Ålborghus (1340-1662) • Århusgård (1536-1662) • Åstrup (c. 1400-1662)
    Fyn 	
    Hagenskov (1375-1662) • Hindsgavl (1365-1662) • Kærstrup (Tåsinge) (1375-1401) • Nyborg (1369-1662) • Næsbyhoved (1368-1541) efterfulgt af Odensegård (1541-1662) • Rugård (1398-1662) • Tranekær (1369-1662) • Ørkil (1348-1403) • Ærøhus (1394-1439)
    Sjælland 	
    Abrahamstrup (f. 1382-1654) • Antvorskov (1580-1662) • Dragsholm (1565-1662) • Frederiksborg (1560-1662) • Gurre (1361-1423) efterfulgt af Ørekrog/Krogen/Kronborg (1425-1662) • Haraldsborg eller Roskildegård (1419-1662) • Holbæk (1369-1662) • Jungshoved (1364-1440) • Kalundborg (1344-1662) • Korsør (1369-1662) • København (1375-1662) • Skjoldenæs (1429-1567) • Sæbygård (1604-1662) • Søborg (1369-1452) • Tryggevælde (1461-1662) • Vordingborg (1369-1662)
    (Lolland): Grimstrup (1375-1416) • Ravnsborg og Halsted Kloster (1359-1662) • Ålholm (1364-1662) • Nykøbing (Falster) (1366-1662) • Stegehus (Møn) (1375-1662) • Visborg (Samsø) (1369-1370)
    Sønderjylland 	
    Flensborg (1411-1557) • Gottorp (1489-1493) • Haderslev (1372-1643) • Nordborg (1410-1490) • Padborg (1556) • Søgård (1344) • Sønderborg (f. 1375-1532) • Tilen (1490) • Trøjborg (1404-1558) • Tønder (f. 1375-1655) • Tørning (1426-1528) • Åbenrå (1375-1419)

+ Reply to Thread