• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(10971)

Alien Space Bat
Sep 9, 2002
Based on the James Fenimore Cooper novels, of course. Very loosely based.

Well, I'm working on putting the Lenape in the 1700 scenario and adding leaders and monarchs to the country. I have a general idea for 1700-1760 (the time this will last). It won't be pretty, but it will work.

Oh, and for those of you following The Catholic King, this won't take time away from that. I have extra time, so...

Of course, I will need to play for a while until the first update. Add the time for making the scenario in the first place (a good day at least) and we've got a while before this starts.

Now you're ambitious! So many AARs you're writing and so little time! Lenape are great... but in great danger because they're on the East coast... Especialy if you start in the 1700s.:)

Actually, I have a bit of a hierarchy here. The Catholic King comes first, that new RPG-AAR comes second, and this will be third. And the French Revolution one's already finished, of course.

Therefore, if I'm pressed for time, I'll keep the most important ones going and let the less important ones slide for a time. This'll be a low-priority one, but I'm going to have a lot of time on my hands, and this'll be short.

I had to make a new scenario to put the Lenape in the 1700 game. They inhabit a few inland provinces, and are allied with (and vassals of) the English. I've added a few leaders and monarchs to keep things interesting. I'll only be playing to 1760, and only start the AAR once I reach 1750, where I'll pick up the slack and make slight allusions to some events 1700-1750. I may add events in for the country if I feel like it.

Introduction (Part 1)

1700. Europe is aflame with war. Louis XIV de Bourbon places a relative on the newly vacated throne of Spain. Queen Anne of England and Scotland, along with the King of Prussia, the Holy Roman Emperor, and a few other minor countries, prepare to fight the French and Spanish. The War of the Spanish Succession has begun.

In North America, the colonials christen it "Queen Anne's War" as they rise in militias to defend their land and take their enemy's. Native tribes take sides. Scalps go from heads to hands. One tribal group, the Lenape, are in the best position to take on the French.

This is their story.

By this time, many tribes have joined in with the Deleware. Among these are the Mohegans. English settlers had slowly displaced them from their Connecticut homes. No hard feelings were there, however, so they were ready to fight the French alongside the rest.

Fifteen thousand men went on the war path. This was easily the entire tribe. Smallpox and other diseases had more than just thinned the ranks of the tribes, they had decimated them. Now, though, they were prepared to decimate Europeans.

Their first target was the French city of Montreal. When the French settlers saw the army arriving, they scoffed. Fifteen thousand natives? They stood no chance against the battle-scared (oops, bottle-scarred... no... oh, whatever it is...) French troops.

They were wrong. These natives had been armed by Her Majesty's (that is, Queen Anne's) government. With the latest in rifles they cut down the thousand men the city scraped together as a militia [OOC: The province was in revolt at the time due to war exhaustion].

The city was besieged. This time, the city was able to bring together 2500 in arms to defend the walls. However, the natives had one more trump card to play: Ten cannon bought from the English for the siege. It took only a couple of months for the city to surrender under the fire of the cannon.

After this was achieved, the Lenape ran rampant through the city (avoiding the food storage). Now they could move around Canada nearly unchecked, except for a few French soldiers here and there. Finally, they had taken so much territory that the French were forced to give huge concessions to the Lenape.

Next, the Lenape moved against the Huron, friends of the French. In a few measly months, the Huron were utterly defeated. The Lenape were merciful. They only forced the Huron chief to pay tribute every year, and didn't force them to join the Lenape Confederation. Now the tribes had a larger source of income.

In England, meanwhile, James Stuart, son of the one thrown out of Britain in 1688, brought in a huge army and deposed Queen Anne. He declared England and Scotland to be one United Kingdom under a hastily-passed Act of Union that dissolved the Scottish Parliament.

This new king was hostile to the Lenape. He immediately declared war. The Lenape's main chief, Tamenund, was not fazed. He had a good-sized army. Many of the settlements were unfortified, and only a small militia of four thousand men. The Lenape had siezed large stores of guns in Montreal and now armed many more natives with them. The English colonial areas were utterly overrun. In the end, though, Tamenund could only convince King James III to surrender the peninsula between Chesapeake Bay and the Delaware River.

This was a return to their ancestral homeland for the Lenape. However, they could not just throw out the Englishmen inside the city of Philadelphia. Instead, Tamenund merely called for them to live beside the Lenape in peace... and began studying ways of getting rid of them.

The next few years were spent in peace. By 1710, the Lenape had a stable nation. The tribes were beginning to blend in with each other. England was kept placated every once in a while. Lenape traders learned the finer points of competition and dominated the nearby markets.