• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Shall you become Duke of Iceland?

I think he is just short of funds to pay for his ducal coronet.

I think Simon of Westmoreland must be due an earldom once Robert finally does become a duke.

@ Loki100: Not a chance of Robert going down to London. He'd be more inclined to...errrr...shore up the northern garrisons. That's a good way to word it, I think.
@ JackTheRipper21: Thanks, and welcome aboard!
@ Enewald: Hopefully when this blasted debt is taken care of...
@ Alfredian: Quite agreed. Sometimes things don't transpire as I want them to, though...

@ all: update within 24 hours.

Looking forward to the update. :) I like the book style graphic used to convey the story.

33vbtqx.jpg

1t36g8.jpg

That is truly amazing my good man. When i read your AAR, i feel like watching "Tudors"... Yes, those "Tudors", with Rhys :)

Why thank you! I was quite the fan of The Tudors. Now my big historical show is The Borgias. I'd definitely recommend it if you're into Renaissance Italian politics and intrigue!

great to see this back ... and a superb update

Thanks! I'm frankly pretty glad I brought it back. I forgot just how fun it is. This horrible run of luck the Count is having has made it a lot more enjoyable for me, too. Nothing like a bit of electronic Schadenfreude, you know?

I'm just pleased this still has readers after so long a hiatus!

do like the rather melancholic tone of these (final) posts

That obvious that it's coming to the end, is it?

Passage of time has been tough for me with this AAR format. Some chapters cover a three year span, some cover two weeks. I have really liked this book format though, it's sad for me that it's getting to be time to wrap it up. I have things played out to the end - CK decided to throw a surprise or two at me, so there's still something to look forward to.

really nice update, do like the idea of blaming George's bad habits on where he was brought up rather than being his natural characteristics

& as ever, for narrative, CKs ability to produce a complete surprise, that can be made to make sense, was always a key part to its charm

really nice update, do like the idea of blaming George's bad habits on where he was brought up rather than being his natural characteristics

& as ever, for narrative, CKs ability to produce a complete surprise, that can be made to make sense, was always a key part to its charm

Curiously enough that's exactly how I justified Thierry Henry's handball a few years back...

Henry Le Tricheur... sounds like a CK character, come to think of it.

Edit: Did I just spend my 500th post whining about Thierry Henry? Really? How depressing.

Last edited: