• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
An overview it is!

6oiu5u.jpg

1zg4z9t.jpg

@ Enewald: There's a bigger party yet to come, but not in this update!
@ Loki100: The scribes down in Windsor Castle are, rest assured, writing a very different acount of Robert's actions. Brother Rupert is, shall we say, a bit on the overly optimistic side.
-------------------------------------------------

wb2vm1.jpg

2w7iy2p.jpg

Sorry for the delay, gentlemen and gentlewomen. It'll be a few more days until I get a new update posted - expect it sometime between Sunday and Tuesday.

@Loki100: You say "realm expansion while the Swedes were elsewhere," Brother Rupert says "attempting to relieve pressure by attack the Swedish outposts." It's a matter of semantics, really. But you're mostly right.

@Iain Wilson: Isn't Iceland always safer than parts of the south of England? Let's just say if I'm looking to get knifed I'd rather take a stroll through Hackney than through Reykjavik.

@ Enewald: No, haven't seen any Finns pilfering their way through England. I suspect they're all hanging around playing their Jouhikkos or hunting reindeer or whatever it was the Finns were up to in the 14th century. I admit to being woefully ignorant of Finnish history, save for the Winter War.

Don't worry, there is not really any big Finnish medieval history. Get pillaged by Vikings, Novgorodians 5-10 times, get crusades by the same two several times, end up housing Swedish/Danish/German nobles and paying taxes to overseas, while suffering famines and high taxes, yay for Sweden! And hunt squirrels.

You must be pretty close to picking up a ducal coronet by now. Robert Duke of Iceland perhaps?

Sorry for the long delay. A combination of moving back from Uni for the summer, real life rearing its ugly head, and the purchase of Football Manager 2011 have delayed this update much longer than expected. I'll try to be more punctual from here out (I feel like I say that every update...)

@ Enewald: Well, at least there were Karelian Bear Dogs to keep them company, right? I've always wanted one of those.
@ Alfredian: The territory is there - the money isn't. I always forget how costly it is to wage a war across water.

-------------------------------------------------

flk0zt.jpg

5nni2g.jpg