• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Serek000

Major
8 Badges
Feb 15, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
I've been itching to try out something that I haven't done before in an AAR - trying to emulate the style of the period in which the AAR is set. My AAR will be based around the life of Robert Clifford, a minor English nobleman from Westmorland, in the 1337 campaign. When he dies, the AAR will end. It might not have many updates at all, it might drag on for months, it depends on how long Robert lives. I will, if all goes well, have an update posted here by Friday evening at the latest (although I might get a chance tonight US Central Time, or tomorrow evening).

I've been reading a lot of fourteenth century texts like these, about the lives of certain people and such, so hopefully I can do some justice to the genre. As always, feedback and constructive criticism is encouraged. I hope you all enjoy!

Nice to see something starting in 1337. Good luck!

ztydzb.jpg

2j1vkur.jpg

2vjark7.jpg

Certainly an interesting concept! 1337 AARs are definitely rare. Actually I started one 1337 AAR but it was a miserable failure.

Maybe one size bigger on the font?

Robert is a fairly old man for his day at 32. Does this mean he is a man in a hurry?

One bigger font would be good indeed. Also, does it take a lot of work if you would remove the white background behind the book or change the color of it? It's not too disturbing, but it hurts my eyes a bit.

There has been a change of both font and size, and I cut off more of the background (I don't know why I didn't before!) so hopefully it is more readable. It's also a day late. One of these days I'll learn to be punctual with my AARs...

And aye, it'll probably be short - but Robert, as you will come to see, is a cautious man who values his health, so hopefully it won't be too short.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

2d9aj7.jpg

b55u1u.jpg

Very well written. Although you're probably chronicalling what amounts to about a dozen mouse clicks you're doing it well enough to keep your readers engaded and interested. Keep it up!

Very interesting, I've not seen anything done like this before. I'll be reading. :)

@ Iain Wilson: Thanks, I'll certainly try my best!
@ Enewald: I've always been fond of the 1337 start time, but it doesn't lend itself well to dynasty play and such, but I figured it would work out just fine for an AAR that focuses on only one man
@Saithis: I hope I can keep you entertained :)

@ All: I should have an update up by Tuesday at the latest, but I can probably do one either late tonight US Central Time or early tomorrow US Central Time. Does the new font and size work better?

Last edited:
Very well written. Fascinating style. It's always nice to see fresh ideas in AARland. And the text is a lot easier to read after you removed the white background and increased the font size.

@ Auray: Thank you, and I'm glad the font/size change has helped.
@ Qorten: Thank you, and I've not read that AAR before, due to it being before my time as a regular reader/writer (but I'll be sure to read through it now, as Brandenburg III is a favorite of mine)
---------------------------------------

2hmmt1d.jpg

2vuwnl5.jpg