• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I can already say that, unless there is strictly a non-steam version of the game, Impulse will refuse to carry it, simply because they don't want you to have to download the impulse client and the steam client just to play this game, and they won't just sell keys that work for steam, so it's likely that, unless a non-steam version is confirmed, it won't be on impulse at all.

There's a Gamersgate version, does that have mandatory Steam on it?

Is Magicka a mostly MP game? I thought it was SP primarily. If it's primarily MP, I'm willing to buy those sorts of games on Steam (I do have TF2 and MNC), but that's it.
Otherwise I tend to buy games on Impulse since their service is much better for SP games.

I've stopped using Gamersgate unless absolutely necessary due to their lack of a payment option that isn't Paypal or international for American customers. I like the service otherwise, it's just how you pay that ticks me off with Gamersgate.

(Currently) the Gamersgate version requires you to install Steam and play the game through that.

There will be a non-steam version, but that's not coming for a bit. Any version you will be playing tomorrow will be the steam version. Impulse won't carry it until they get the Non-steam version, so don't count on them for awhile

Last edited:
There will be a non-steam version, but that's not coming for another week or so. Any version you will be playing tomorrow will be the steam version. Impulse won't carry it until they get the Non-steam version, so don't count on them for at least a week.

Thanks for the info, a week is far less than I had anticipated! Even if it turns out to be two weeks, I'll still be happy to wait for a non-steam (electric?) version.