• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Soviet player here for some concluding remarks also from Comintern perspective.

As we have seen, our hopes of destroying Germany by a two-front-war were crushed as they (with some help from the other Axis powers) were able to destroy France and hold their ground in the east. One reason for this was of course the extraordinary offensive play by CptEasy, but what about the Soviets?

The suggestion to broaden the front is interesting. I considered it several times, but we must also remember that my forces were under (almost) constant stress. I wanted to keep the pressure up on the Germans, to avoid too many troops moving to the West. But as it turned out, just holding the line was a real challenge, especially with all the Italians present (including their Air Force). Opening a new front was deemed to dangerous, as that would give more possibilities for counterattacks by the superior Axis forces.

After BArbarossa was stated, it was basically over. Already in the initial attacks could I see that I was doomed. This was a combination of great offensive play by CptEasy (again...), poor quality of the Soviet troops (due to how the research etc works, as discussed earlier in this AAR) and my inability to adjust from the offensive to the defensive setup. As most of my troops were on the line when we clashed, my chances of organizing an ordered retreat were meager.

I believe the strategic misstakes were the worst. I was quite happy with my production and army composition (forts were not used in an optimal way, but I did not dare ure the IC for troops due to MP issues).

Once again, great play by Axis!

damn i spent my vacation in the aegean, reading your aar's! i even took my netbook, sat on the beach bar and read on!
So captivated i was!

I love to hear that. Hope you got at least some sun too ;)

When do we get the next AAR?

I plan to start in the beginning of the autumn, but it depends on how much we are able to play during the summer - and so far it has been a little slow.

cpt easy, are you recruiting new people? I understand Swedish.

Not for the moment. We are a group of rl friends and "former" board game lovers who have become grown ups and spread over Sweden (and Denmark). MP HoI is a way of keeping that old spirit alive and thus we like to stick to that old crew. We'll see how it turns out along the way. I'll let U know if we need recruits ;)

Came back,and terrific end to a superb aar.

Just want to make 2 suggestions for balance in ur next game.

Player on usa once france at war with germany.
Usa joins if japan at war with any european power.
Molotov ribbentrop pact should be signed.

This will mean.
No japanese pressure on britain or russia.
But also that germany can't be singled out with 2 front war by soviets and allies.No france and russia together on ger.

So either italy and germany vs russia and england.[Assuming france lost]Which is pretty balanced.

Hey Austerlitz. Long time no see. Next game have already started (actually being in early 1940 at the moment) and I have mentioned the important changes we have made in earlier post, somewhere. Some will be along the lines you suggest. We will connect player entry on USA with Japan DoWing allies. Consequently, Japans trade with USA will be highly affected by this. We belive this will be an incentive for Japan to be more careful - or USA will be able to join allies earlier than with previous rules.

An excellent game, once again. I hope you had as much fun playing it as I had just reading about it. :)

It's a shame that the Asian theatre is so difficult to balance - and I really hope to see the US enter the war the next time. ;) In the end, there's probably no way around allowing the Allies some form of control over the US to allow an earlier entry - when Japan attacks the Allies, the US should definitely respond, otherwise the game is too lopsided. Also, if it all possible, China shouls probably be strenghtened somehow.

Thanks :) Sure thing - we have major fun playing and discussing coming plans and operations in between the sessions. As we don't modd we can't relly alter the strength of China, but as mentioned above, life is about to become a little more tough for Japan.

Zid, Daphne and Maxyboy - thanks a lot for your summeries. I look forwards for our new constalation and game set up. Axis have chosen a different strategy, giving a very different set up from previous games. Intriguing ;)

Allready looking forward to your next AAR.

I was wondering if you could tell us if your playing Axis or Allies this time around? And i'm not talking about the board game :D

Allready looking forward to your next AAR.

I was wondering if you could tell us if your playing Axis or Allies this time around? And i'm not talking about the board game :D

Heh heh. Well, I gave a little teaser in the end of a previous post, here

nice game , but seeing japanese planes and paras in Europe in '39 is a bit overkill :D

Yes. We all agreed on that. We will house rule against in 'till next game.

Well, boys and girls - next multiplayer AAR is initiated. Come have a look :)

For all of you who once followed this AAR, which is actually the one I like best of my own AARs, I'd like to give you a heads up cocerning the most prestigious AAR-competition. The Iron HeAARt award. Feel free to go in a put down a vote on Sudden Carnage. I'll warn you, however. There's some really good AARs on the list that might tempt you... ;)