+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8 23 31 32 33

Thread: Sudden Carnage - A CptEasy multiplayer AAR

Soviet player here for some concluding remarks also from Comintern perspective.

As we have seen, our hopes of destroying Germany by a two-front-war were crushed as they (with some help from the other Axis powers) were able to destroy France and hold their ground in the east. One reason for this was of course the extraordinary offensive play by CptEasy, but what about the Soviets?

The suggestion to broaden the front is interesting. I considered it several times, but we must also remember that my forces were under (almost) constant stress. I wanted to keep the pressure up on the Germans, to avoid too many troops moving to the West. But as it turned out, just holding the line was a real challenge, especially with all the Italians present (including their Air Force). Opening a new front was deemed to dangerous, as that would give more possibilities for counterattacks by the superior Axis forces.

After BArbarossa was stated, it was basically over. Already in the initial attacks could I see that I was doomed. This was a combination of great offensive play by CptEasy (again...), poor quality of the Soviet troops (due to how the research etc works, as discussed earlier in this AAR) and my inability to adjust from the offensive to the defensive setup. As most of my troops were on the line when we clashed, my chances of organizing an ordered retreat were meager.

I believe the strategic misstakes were the worst. I was quite happy with my production and army composition (forts were not used in an optimal way, but I did not dare ure the IC for troops due to MP issues).

Once again, great play by Axis!

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by papdim View Post
    damn i spent my vacation in the aegean, reading your aar's! i even took my netbook, sat on the beach bar and read on!
    So captivated i was!
    I love to hear that. Hope you got at least some sun too

Quote Originally Posted by Filamu View Post
    When do we get the next AAR?
    I plan to start in the beginning of the autumn, but it depends on how much we are able to play during the summer - and so far it has been a little slow.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyGoose View Post
    cpt easy, are you recruiting new people? I understand Swedish.
    Not for the moment. We are a group of rl friends and "former" board game lovers who have become grown ups and spread over Sweden (and Denmark). MP HoI is a way of keeping that old spirit alive and thus we like to stick to that old crew. We'll see how it turns out along the way. I'll let U know if we need recruits

Quote Originally Posted by AUSTERLITZ View Post
    Came back,and terrific end to a superb aar.

Just want to make 2 suggestions for balance in ur next game.

Player on usa once france at war with germany.
    Usa joins if japan at war with any european power.
    Molotov ribbentrop pact should be signed.

This will mean.
    No japanese pressure on britain or russia.
    But also that germany can't be singled out with 2 front war by soviets and allies.No france and russia together on ger.

So either italy and germany vs russia and england.[Assuming france lost]Which is pretty balanced.
    Hey Austerlitz. Long time no see. Next game have already started (actually being in early 1940 at the moment) and I have mentioned the important changes we have made in earlier post, somewhere. Some will be along the lines you suggest. We will connect player entry on USA with Japan DoWing allies. Consequently, Japans trade with USA will be highly affected by this. We belive this will be an incentive for Japan to be more careful - or USA will be able to join allies earlier than with previous rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Dáin View Post
    An excellent game, once again. I hope you had as much fun playing it as I had just reading about it.

It's a shame that the Asian theatre is so difficult to balance - and I really hope to see the US enter the war the next time. In the end, there's probably no way around allowing the Allies some form of control over the US to allow an earlier entry - when Japan attacks the Allies, the US should definitely respond, otherwise the game is too lopsided. Also, if it all possible, China shouls probably be strenghtened somehow.
    Thanks Sure thing - we have major fun playing and discussing coming plans and operations in between the sessions. As we don't modd we can't relly alter the strength of China, but as mentioned above, life is about to become a little more tough for Japan.

Zid, Daphne and Maxyboy - thanks a lot for your summeries. I look forwards for our new constalation and game set up. Axis have chosen a different strategy, giving a very different set up from previous games. Intriguing
    Cpt Easy's multiplayer AARs
    Chaos Carnage (TFH mod) (Finished) Blitz Carnage (FtM 3.05) (Finished) .. Sudden Patriotic Carnage (FtM 3.05) (Finished) .. Carnage Al Dente (FtM 3.05) (Finished) .. Royal Carnage (HoI SF 2.04f) (Finished) .. Sudden Carnage (HoI SF 2.04b) (Finished) .. Years of Jolly Carnage (SF) (Finished) .. Wildfires (HoI III) (Finished)
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .
    AARland Choice AwAARds Winner (Round 1, 2011) (Round 3, 2011) (Round 1, 2012) (Round 2, 2012) (2nd half 2013)
    WritAAR of the Week: Feb. 13, 2011 Weekly AAR Showcase 25th Dec 2011 and 27th May 2012
    Winner of Iron HeAARt 2011, Iron HeAARt 2012 and Iron HeAARt 2013

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Allready looking forward to your next AAR.

I was wondering if you could tell us if your playing Axis or Allies this time around? And i'm not talking about the board game
    MEIOU cookie From Gigau.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

nice game , but seeing japanese planes and paras in Europe in '39 is a bit overkill
    no more unfinished IN AAR's

Quote Originally Posted by Tallfellow View Post
    Allready looking forward to your next AAR.

I was wondering if you could tell us if your playing Axis or Allies this time around? And i'm not talking about the board game
    Heh heh. Well, I gave a little teaser in the end of a previous post, here

Quote Originally Posted by sprites View Post
    nice game , but seeing japanese planes and paras in Europe in '39 is a bit overkill
    Yes. We all agreed on that. We will house rule against in 'till next game.
    Chaos Carnage (TFH mod) (Finished) Blitz Carnage (FtM 3.05) (Finished) .. Sudden Patriotic Carnage (FtM 3.05) (Finished) .. Carnage Al Dente (FtM 3.05) (Finished) .. Royal Carnage (HoI SF 2.04f) (Finished) .. Sudden Carnage (HoI SF 2.04b) (Finished) .. Years of Jolly Carnage (SF) (Finished) .. Wildfires (HoI III) (Finished)
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .
    AARland Choice AwAARds Winner (Round 1, 2011) (Round 3, 2011) (Round 1, 2012) (Round 2, 2012) (2nd half 2013)
    WritAAR of the Week: Feb. 13, 2011 Weekly AAR Showcase 25th Dec 2011 and 27th May 2012

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Uhhh, that sounds like fun. i always find UK fairly hard, mostly because it's alot of ground to cover all in all.
    MEIOU cookie From Gigau.

Well, boys and girls - next multiplayer AAR is initiated. Come have a look

For all of you who once followed this AAR, which is actually the one I like best of my own AARs, I'd like to give you a heads up cocerning the most prestigious AAR-competition. The Iron HeAARt award. Feel free to go in a put down a vote on Sudden Carnage. I'll warn you, however. There's some really good AARs on the list that might tempt you...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8 23 31 32 33