Starting countries played by humans
Version: Semper Fi v2.04b
Starting Year: September, 1938.
Chapter I - An important decision is being made (38 September - 39 January)
Chapter II - The Road to war (39 February - April)
The attack on Poland
Chapter III - Let slip the dogs of war (39 First half of May)
Chapter IV - The Pocket-Hunt (39 Second half of May)
Chapter V - The road to Warsaw (39 First half of June)
Chapter VI - The Battle of Warsaw and a Global Tremor (39 a few days in late June)
The Legacy of the Polish Surrender
Chapter VII - The Third Reich in disarray (39 late June and early July)
Chapter VIII - The Clash of Giants under the Summer Sun (39 July and early August)
Chapter IX - The Clash of Giants under the Summer Sun, part II (39 August)
Chapter X - Part I (Late Aug-Mid Sept 1939)
Chapter XI - Part II (Mid sept-early Okt 1939)
Chapter XII - Part III (Mid Okt 1939)
Operation Hammer Sickle
Chapter XIII - Part I (Late Okt - Early Nov 1939)
Chapter XIV - Part II (Mid Nov 1939)
Chapter XV - Part III (Late Nov 1939)
Chapter XVI - Part IV (First half of Dec 1939)
Chapter XVII - Part V (Second half of Dec 1939)
Chapter XVIII - Part VI (First days of Jan 1940)
Chapter XIX - Part VII (Mid-Late Jan 1940)
Chapter XX - Part VIII (Late Jan 1940)
The Act of a Genius
Chapter XXI (First Half Feb 1940)
Chapter XXII - Part I (Second half Feb 1940)
Chapter XXIII - Part II (First Half March 1940)
The Skidel Showdown
Chapter XXIV - Part I (Mid March 1940)
Chapter XXV - Part I (Late March & early April 1940)
Chapter XXVI - Part II (Mid April 1940)
Chapter XXVII - Part III (Late April Early May 1940)
Chapter XXVIII - Part IV (Mid May 1940)
Chapter XXIX - Part V (End of May first half of June 1940)
Chapter XXX - Part VI (Second half of June 1940)
Chapter XXXI - Part I (July and first half of August 1940)
Chapter XXXII - Part I (Second half of August - First half of September 1940)
Chapter XXXIII - Part II (Second part of September - First part of October 1940)
Chapter XXXIV - Part III (Second part of October and November 1940)
Chapter XXXV - Part IV (December 1940)
Chapter XXXVI - Part I (First half of January 1941)
Chapter XXXVII - Part II (Second half of January 1941)
Chapter XXXVIII - Part III (February 1941)
The Fall of Emipres
Chapter XXXIX (March 1941)
As faithful readers already know, we’ve had huge discussions of House Rules. Most of your comments have not affected these house rules, as we made them before last AAR came into the HR-discussion-phase. House Rules and Modding is an ongoing work and we are now initiated work, led by Maxyboy, to Modd more and House Rule less. Several of your comments have fed into that work. It will hopefully be in place to next AAR. Until then, we have no modds but a lot more House Rules than before. Feel free to comment.
• Axis players can play all Axis countries. Allied/Commie players can play all Allied/Commie countries and Nat China. Allied/Commie players are allowed to play CAN even if it’s not allied. Allied/Commie players are allowed to play USA in 1941.
• Game starts Sept -38 on speed 3 until 1939. Then on speed 2 until “Danzig or war” when we go to speed 1. Alternatively, GER player can lower to speed 1 after May 1st, 1939. No pausing is allowed except for technical or rl-problems.
• Players must declare wars themselves. “Call to arms” only to AI.
• Poland must oppose “Danzig or War”.
• No unholy alliance
• Mol-Rib pact is voluntary
• USSR has special trade rules until 1941 (or war with any other major). They must accept all Axis deals if the deal doesn’t put USSR on a negative balance for that commodity. Axis-nations are bound by honor to not suggest deals that are “impossible or unlikely” to be accepted.
• Japan and Italy can only declare limited war on USSR. GER must declare war by themselves but may declare a “full” war.
• USSR must go “Bitter Peace” if Stalingrad, Leningrad, Moscow and Vladivostok falls.
• If USSR has the highest threat towards US, they are not allowed to DOW neutrals. This restriction is cancelled after Barbarossa or 1 July 1941.
• Axis have fleet restrictions until US joins. Japan and GER/ITA can only rebase to each other’s spheres of interest if they can reach it with a “transport” order.
• GER may lend ITA 2 divisions. Player countries cannot lend each other troops in any other way.
• USA may not move troops, navy or planes in the pacific until they join Allies. This does not include their mainland west coast.
• USA may not place troops in Allied provinces before they become Allies. They may not in any way lend or give troops to the Allies before they enter the war.
• Allies may not “allow dept” to other human played Allies – but to AI run minors is ok. USA may always “allow dept” to whom ever. Axis may “allow dept” to whom ever.
• The players are “bound by honor” to never stall a war (in order to stay on war economy etc.)
• Nations can build 4 para-brigades per 100 base ICs
• Players are only allowed to build +5 of any fort in any province
• Minors are allowed to “license build”. Majors can only have 12 IC of “license build” active at any time. They are however, always entitled 1 unit being lb at any time, regardless of the cost (meaning that it’s ok to build 1 bomber even if it costs more than 12 IC. 1 brigade, however, is considered 1 unit).
• Players are not allowed to build units as reserves.
• Convoys must be on for periods of time as the game allows a newly opened convoy to immediately retrieve everything that’s been piling up (Bug!). Players are “bound by honor” to not blip them on and off. A newly started resource convoy must be on for at least 3 weeks before it can be turned off (but if all convoys are sunk before that they don’t need to add extra’s of course
• The game ends in the end of 1945. Victory points dictates winner.
I will play Germany and will experiment with an opening which is rather superior in single player. It will be a lot tougher in multiplayer though, and I am curious about how it will work out. It will be a rather wild gamble as there are many variables affecting the outcome.