+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Divine Wind faster graphics Pack.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club

Divine Wind faster graphics Pack.

I've noticed important slowdown on my machine with the latest EU3 expansion, and i don't mean Paradox Connect slowdown, but graphic lag. So I've gone to work, and released a "faster fog". Turned out it wasn't much faster. So I got back to work and I modded out as much as I could.

Now, for those who have rather laggy computers, you can try this. I'm not sure it will be much of an improvement, but it will not be slower, that I promise .

There are two versions : the "fast" is probably a bit faster, and the "very fast" is even faster but the graphical quality is "noticeably" reduced.

How to install:
    -Download the files
    -Go to your EU Folder
    -Go to Data/gfx/
    -Rename the "FX" folder to "Original FX" or something like that
    -copy the new file ( either FX fast or FX Veryfast )
    -Rename the new file to FX
    -Run EU3

Images of the vanilla EU3 ( for comparison )

Images of the fast version ( notice the fog, the unit texture is less smooth )

Images of the very fast version ( no texture on political map, even less smoothness overall )
    Attached Files
    Last edited by wraitii; 25-06-2011 at 14:47.
    InExtenso - Distance is your enemy.
    DW is too slow? Get the Faster Graphics Pack.
    Hate the wavy fog? Go back to the old one.
    Don't hate me because I'm French. Hate me because I can mod anything in this game

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    Semper Fi500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Thank you!
    "Our forebears were contented with salty and fetid fishes. But we come for the fresh ones, still thriving in the ocean!
    Our fathers were contented when they were storming burghs. But we ain't scared by sea storms or the fearsome waves!
    Our fathers were contented when they were hunting deers. And we are hunting treasures and monsters that hide deep in the ocean!"

"On the conquest of the sea coast" - Polish song from 11th century.

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    95 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Could we see screenshots showing the differences of the graphics (and their quality) between vanilla, fast and veryfast ?
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

Well, I just restarted under MacOSX so it'll have to wait, but I'll do screenshots this evening.
    Don't hate me because I'm French. Hate me because I can mod anything in this game

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    95 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Nice, thanks
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Thanks, I have added a link to your mod to the tech support section on "slow DW": http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post11902573
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

Great idea, safferli.

I just updated the first post with information on how to install this ( I had totally forgotten ), and updated the graphic packs with only a very slight FOW in the far view.

Plus, I added screenshots for comparison, so you see what I mean by "noticeable" difference.

To those who downloaded, did you notice a speed difference?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis500k club

Quote Originally Posted by wraitii View Post
    To those who downloaded, did you notice a speed difference?
    I'm downloading it, will tell you if it helps or not.

EDIT: I can't download it, for some reason Paradox attachments aren't working.
    Last edited by cosmeIII; 25-01-2011 at 21:33.
    Blood And Fire NOT Fire And Blood! - A Game of Thrones AAR where Valyrians may not have such an easy time conquering Westeros! (Abandoned due to lack of interest)

The Lone Wolf - AGoT AAR (Finished!)

For those who have problems with PI attachments, I've linked another source.

I have a lot of graphic lag only if i am looking the france or the central germany. In asia or india the game works perfectly. I don' t have a great computer but i haven' t ever had this problem in this kind of games.. Victoria II works without problem for example. I tried to use the fast modification but it didn' t work. I will try the faster..

Wraiiti out of curiousity, did you use the files for 5.1beta for this? Or did you use 5.0?
    I only ask because I assume PDox may have also attempted to improve graphics performance.
    If so, it would be nice to incorporate those also.
    In terms of actual speed difference from your fixpack, I shall report with my results sometime later today.
    O, and nice work with the fastest political map; I've always liked my political maps flat and non-textured, and lately that's just not been possible.

Thanks & Enjoy.
    Please Sign the Non-Steam Version Request Petition for SOTS II: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-1-post-person
    QUOTES USED IN POSTS: Always refer to the Original quote to ensure no misunderstandings occur. Click on the small arrows to do so.
    GREATEST NECRO EVER!: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post12291291

if I use this, will I still be able to play MP or does it change the checksum

Quote Originally Posted by Innocent Beard View Post
    Wraiiti out of curiousity, did you use the files for 5.1beta for this? Or did you use 5.0?
    I only ask because I assume PDox may have also attempted to improve graphics performance.
    If so, it would be nice to incorporate those also.
    In terms of actual speed difference from your fixpack, I shall report with my results sometime later today.
    O, and nice work with the fastest political map; I've always liked my political maps flat and non-textured, and lately that's just not been possible.

Thanks & Enjoy.
    I've given a look at the new files: it seems PI has only changed the "arrows" file. I could modify this one but it's not the biggest thing on speed. For the rest, they must have optimized the graphic engine rather than the scripts.

Wow! It works for me!

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

that's faster , but still noticiably slower than zoomed out ...
    no more unfinished IN AAR's

I don't have any speed issues, I just hate the new fog. Is there a way for me to get just the bland fog, like if I pull out a certain subset of the files from the 'Fast' version?

Check my "New fog" out.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Talking

HOLY POTATOES! My hero! Without you....I wouldn't have been able to dedicate a chunk of my life to play this game SMOOOTHLY

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

Hi, I downloaded and installed your mod, but now I have a strange graphics glitch:

pic.jpg

Do you know how to solve it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast