+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Playing music in EU3

Playing music in EU3

This apparently doesn't really differ between IN, HTTT and DW, though I may be wrong.

Whatever, I know you can add music by putting MP3 in the Music folder. What seems weird to me is that many tracks seem to never play, and others to play all the time.
    Or to put it simply: I have the feeling only something like 30 music tracks can play in EU3, as if the game picked them all the time - either because their first in alphabetical order, or because they're latest additions into the folder, or last created music files (or some other weird ranking I can't deduce).

Is it just me that doesn't notice Falalalalan anymore (since I put EU2 music into the EU3 folder), but just Bach, or is it something well-known (as is probably the case), that the game doesn't play your full playlist if you put 200+ MP3 files in the Music folder?

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I put the FtG soundtrack to EU3, and all, including Falalan, play fine. That's not over 200 though.
    1914-1964 - the Ultimate Strategy Game

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GaiusC View Post
    This apparently doesn't really differ between IN, HTTT and DW, though I may be wrong.

Whatever, I know you can add music by putting MP3 in the Music folder. What seems weird to me is that many tracks seem to never play, and others to play all the time.
    Or to put it simply: I have the feeling only something like 30 music tracks can play in EU3, as if the game picked them all the time - either because their first in alphabetical order, or because they're latest additions into the folder, or last created music files (or some other weird ranking I can't deduce).

Is it just me that doesn't notice Falalalalan anymore (since I put EU2 music into the EU3 folder), but just Bach, or is it something well-known (as is probably the case), that the game doesn't play your full playlist if you put 200+ MP3 files in the Music folder?
    The EUIII music system seems to be really bad at randomising playlist orders. It's possible that it only expects a specific number of tracks to be present in the music folder.
    Nationality: British
    Religion: Sikh
    Ideology: Some nebulous liberal nonsense
    Issues: Civil Rights, Environmentalism, technology
    Current Occupation: University Student! Upgrade!

MODS: CK2 High-res Mountains EU3 Deg Tegh Fateh (suspended) Painterly CK2 EUIV Visual Enhancement Mod

Elven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty II Collection

Why would you use EU3's built in media player, when you can use an external, superior one?

Just turn off music in EU3, and use your music player of choice playing your playlist of choice in the background.
    It's not that there aren't enough hours in the day. Just that I'm not awake for enough of the ones already available. - Karen Ellis

You may also know/hate me as Semaphore >.> <.<

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLegioEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Mount & Blade: WarbandV2 BetaEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    I use Pandora.

Pandora is not even working for years now :P
    but yes it is less hassle to have external program to play your music ...

+ Reply to Thread