+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: About the game

Producer Paradox Dev Team Kallocain's Avatar

About the game

Some facts:
    Dark fantasy setting. King Arthur is now the Maimed King, trying to mend a land torned asunder as he strives to heal himself
    Stunning plot line, heroic battles and expanded morality chart that unlocks new features.
    Large scale battles, with bigger armies to defeat powerful foes.
    Intense boss fights, where the hero's forces are pitted against unique and terrifying foes.
    Wide range of camera control options, revised animations and an extensive tutorial creating a more accesible and visually stunning experience.

Aha - "The Second War" it is!"

does use KA2 the same graphic engine as the first one?

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIThe Kings CrusadeMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

can't wait, hope the map will be bigger though

This game sounds good!

I know nothing about it except it's name, is it set in the time the "real King Arthur2 is most likely to be around? (Dark ages)
    And is it like Mount and Blade or more strategy based?

W

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae Victis

I better hurry and get a decent computer so I can play the first one
    For first he was faultless in his senses; and his five fingers never failed him; and all his trust on earth was upon the five wounds that Christ bare upon the cross. And whenever this knight found himself in stress of battle he deemed well that he drew his strength from the five joys which the Queen of Heaven had of her Child. And the fifth five that the hero used were frankness and fellowship above all, purity and courtesy that never failed him, and compassion that surpasses all; and in these five virtues was that hero wrapped and clothed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrekin 1 View Post
    This game sounds good!

I know nothing about it except it's name, is it set in the time the "real King Arthur2 is most likely to be around? (Dark ages)
    And is it like Mount and Blade or more strategy based?

W
    its strategy based and its a fantasy scenario, so its not historical accurate

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition

Quote Originally Posted by BeRse View Post
    does use KA2 the same graphic engine as the first one?
    Orsolya said this in an interview at the Paradox Interactive Convention http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2011/...king-arthur-2/ :
    - flying creatures
    - new magic resistance and spellcasting system
    - brand new engine
    - redesigned camera system
    - Q4 2011

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black Plague
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

KA2 is being developed already? I better hurry up and play the first King Arthur i bought during the Steam sale!
    I saw, I bought, I played

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I will buy this for sure.

Orsolya(KATE) is the developer but what does the other lady do?

Commander: Conquest of the AmericasHearts of Iron IIIKing Arthur IILead and GoldThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2Semper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Hi guys,

Welcome to the King Arthur II Forum. As I see there are some things you want to know about the game.

In this sequel you are still Arthur, the high king of the land, but now you suffered a wound that would never heal and so your realm suffers with you. Monsters roam all over Britannia – which is now twice as big as in the first game, because not only the South but the Middle and Northern parts of Britannia are also waiting for you to conquer.

The story of King Arthur II begins when something ancient and powerful awoke beyond Britannia and the Holy Grail was destroyed by strange magic. Your Knights of the Round Table turned against each other or they’re alone in the darkness fighting for survival. Kings battle again for the chunks of the former realm. Your kingdom that once was the place of peace and prosperity turned into a Wasteland where the forests turned into barren fields and grey clouds cover the sky. The demon-like beings, called Fomorians swarm on the lands destroying everything what’s left. Dark times are these for Britannia, where you are the only hope for your people.

King Arthur II is a fantasy game, with lots of fantasy monsters, magic and flying creatures. Oh, yes Flying creatures. Guess what this means YES, yes, yes. It means two levels in battles to fight: ground AND air!!

King Arthur II uses a NEW engine, and beside the fact that everything in the game will look way more beautiful, it also makes possible to fight much bigger battles, with a lot more men on the battlefield at the same time, and the unit movement and the animation system gets a huge overhaul as well.

For the fans of the first game I’m proud to tell, that this sequel is also a Role-playing Wargame, a unique blend of RPGs and strategy games. But now we changed the balance a bit between these gaming styles: on the Campaign map more RPG, in the battles more tactics. It’ll be so much fun!

Quests are still part of the game – and even more important.

Oh, yes. And about the other lady, Linda: she’s a new member of our team, and from now on you’ll see her a lot more, because she’ll be responsible for the communication on the Forums – with you Of course I won’t disappear, this is only about being more present on this Forum to answer as many of your questions as possible.

So, if I missed any questions just let me know, and if you’re eager to know anything else about the game, don’t hesitate to ask.

Cheers

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Is the game story based or more open ended like the expansions.Will it also have Paradox achievements.

Commander: Conquest of the AmericasHearts of Iron IIIKing Arthur IILead and GoldThe Kings Crusade

It will be story based with a lot of Quests. And yes, we'll also have the achievements

More and more good news. I can't wait for this game.

sounds great, i hope the finished game can hold all of the promises

Sergeant

Question for Kate/Linda: What unit/army morale system will you be using? If any.

I hope you don't import the overly complicated unit morale from Lionheart. King Arthur (the original) had it right.
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo, E8400 (3.00 Ghz stock), oc'ed to 3.6 Ghz.
    Motherboard: Asus P5Q3-Deluxe, integrated LAN and integrated Sound (SoundMAX)
    Video: Nvidia GTX 260 (resolution 1980x1080)
    Ram: Patriot (Extreme Performance) PC3-10666, 4x2GB

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIThe Kings CrusadeMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Neocore_Kate View Post
    Hi guys,

Welcome to the King Arthur II Forum. As I see there are some things you want to know about the game.

In this sequel you are still Arthur, the high king of the land, but now you suffered a wound that would never heal and so your realm suffers with you. Monsters roam all over Britannia – which is now twice as big as in the first game, because not only the South but the Middle and Northern parts of Britannia are also waiting for you to conquer.

The story of King Arthur II begins when something ancient and powerful awoke beyond Britannia and the Holy Grail was destroyed by strange magic. Your Knights of the Round Table turned against each other or they’re alone in the darkness fighting for survival. Kings battle again for the chunks of the former realm. Your kingdom that once was the place of peace and prosperity turned into a Wasteland where the forests turned into barren fields and grey clouds cover the sky. The demon-like beings, called Fomorians swarm on the lands destroying everything what’s left. Dark times are these for Britannia, where you are the only hope for your people.

King Arthur II is a fantasy game, with lots of fantasy monsters, magic and flying creatures. Oh, yes Flying creatures. Guess what this means YES, yes, yes. It means two levels in battles to fight: ground AND air!!

King Arthur II uses a NEW engine, and beside the fact that everything in the game will look way more beautiful, it also makes possible to fight much bigger battles, with a lot more men on the battlefield at the same time, and the unit movement and the animation system gets a huge overhaul as well.

For the fans of the first game I’m proud to tell, that this sequel is also a Role-playing Wargame, a unique blend of RPGs and strategy games. But now we changed the balance a bit between these gaming styles: on the Campaign map more RPG, in the battles more tactics. It’ll be so much fun!

Quests are still part of the game – and even more important.

Oh, yes. And about the other lady, Linda: she’s a new member of our team, and from now on you’ll see her a lot more, because she’ll be responsible for the communication on the Forums – with you Of course I won’t disappear, this is only about being more present on this Forum to answer as many of your questions as possible.

So, if I missed any questions just let me know, and if you’re eager to know anything else about the game, don’t hesitate to ask.

Cheers
    very good to hear kate and glad you'll have more time to spend on forums and for fans. Good luck and can't wait for the release

@ch0pper: We'll see

We are also really excited about King Arthur II, and we can promise you that you will love it.

Is the first game recommended to get a feel what this game is all about?
    Or is it fine to purchase KA2 as soon as it is out?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast