+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Baar

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Very nice style. And, it doesn't matter long your AAR exists.

Just have fun playing the game and writing when you have the time.
    Previously Completed AARs:\
    Ireland Forever * Scotland, the Brave, the Strong and the Free * Riga - Range's Sabbatical (Yeah Sure) * Morocco - Casablanca * Poland * Range, Scotland's Highland Chieftain * Yemen - The Happy Arabia * Bavaria * Transylvania * Samurai * The Day of Reckoning * EU1 Portugal * Knights of St. John * Poland EU1

CURRENT AARS: * Munster EU4 * England EU1 * Byzantine EU3 *

Winner of King_Richard_XI's 3rd ever Irish Shamrock Cookie . Poll: Finalist in 2009 EUIII OscARRs: Best Completed ARR "Yemen - The Happy Arabia". Also, the Winner of the AARland Choice AwAARds 2010 for Favourite EU Narrative AAR "Poland" - Character Writer of the week ending 12/26/10

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection

Baar
    Interesting, nice to see France suffering the pain
    I was Sir blsteen, Knight of the Eastern West... in :One Last HurRAAh: A Milanese Empire Interactive AAR:

I was FOTW 11/25/09 and 9/12/10

This is fantastmigorical!

Master of Procrastination ScarcticCG's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron Cross
    Lead and GoldMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by defoffuture View Post
    PHantasmagorical; and I'm not even sure if that's a word!

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne

Victoglory!
    I will of course follow this AAR.

P.S. The fish on the CoA must be a Baarracuda
    If you write anything criticizing editing or proofreading, there will be a fault of some kind in what you have written. -Muphry's law

Recipients of the Swedish Meatball of Volvo and Björn Borg:

Svip

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneMajesty II Collection
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSword of the StarsMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Range View Post
    Very nice style. And, it doesn't matter long your AAR exists.

Just have fun playing the game and writing when you have the time.
    Well, whether it matters or not, I still want a good long AAR. And thanks for the compliments.
    Quote Originally Posted by blsteen View Post
    Baar
    Interesting, nice to see France suffering the pain
    Well, not really; they'll just avenge their defeat later...
    Quote Originally Posted by defoffuture View Post
    Yes. Yes it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarcticCG View Post
    PHantasmagorical; and I'm not even sure if that's a word!
    Oh believe me, I'm sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johhog View Post
    Victoglory!
    I will of course follow this AAR.

P.S. The fish on the CoA must be a Baarracuda
    What did I do to deserve this punishment?
    All hail Richard XI, King of the Mod, Grand Duke of Simcity 4, and Tsar of All the Awesomes - The_Shepherd

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneMajesty II Collection
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSword of the StarsMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club

Blog Entries
    ~Part 2: The Affairs of State~

Well, how to follow up after that victory. Not much we can do really. Our merchants are BARtering around and finding BARgains - in fact, we now dominate every CoT from Antwerpen to Novgorod, from Alexandria to Lisboa. But on the military side, we haven't a hope. I mean, take a look at our nearest targets -

So we can't really invade anyone without being eaten by a horde of angry OPMs and one overseeing blob. I suppose we need some buddies to pal around with... hm, who'll accept an alliance...

Nope... no, not them... hm... ah, here's one!

Might come in handy later. Meanwhile we'll work on some of the Imperial states, maybe inherit them later. And after lots of money, Cleves deemed us worthy of an alliance (unfortunately, once again I forgot to take a picture of the Alliance itself )

Hopefully they'll deter this genuinely scary thing from happening:

Still, Cleves and the Pope won't deter big bad Burgundy or frenzied ferocious France from killing us; we're BARly staying alive here. If only we had one of the big countries of Europe on our side, some seaboard nation with an eye to being a colonial power...

... nah, it'll never happen.

Wait, what?
    All hail Richard XI, King of the Mod, Grand Duke of Simcity 4, and Tsar of All the Awesomes - The_Shepherd

52 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    War of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

How do you get Azores now?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Enewald View Post
    How do you get Azores now?
    I don't even have a port yet. First things first.

52 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    War of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by King_Richard_XI View Post
    I don't even have a port yet. First things first.
    You don't need a port, just send some wenches there.

Blog Entries
    You don't need a port, just send some wenches there.
    That could also work.

52 games registered

That could also work.
    As a matter of fact, send them everywhere.

Blog Entries
    As a matter of fact, send them everywhere.
    Doing that even as we speak.

Blog Entries
    ~Part 3: Money, Money, Money~

With Barroise merchants BARtering everywhere, cash is rolling in. With this we're researching all the trade tech we can, so that the system will perpetuate itself. And just to further influence this we hired 3 wizened, miserly old hags who seem to have some talent for Trade, possibly owing to their men's names. And the scary thing is, they're all from Bar. What are the chances?

Of course, money's no good if you haven't insured against possible annihilation in the future, and with that in mind the entire population of Barrois pretended to be royal and went and married the people in other countries who also pretended to be royal.

And so it was that Bar sat around counting its pennies while the rest of the world went off to fight some Turks in the middle of nowhere for no reason and got nothing.

Meanwhile a saint performed some glorious miracles all over Barrois, and became so highly acclaimed that the nation's stability took a massive leap from its prior, meager +3 to an infinitely more majestic +4. Due to game programming errors it remained at a visual +3, but unlike Swedes the Barroise can count, so they call it +4.

A bit later Bar went more for Free Subjects because it wanted to have low tech costs. This resulted in deflation, which nowadays is practically unheard of and in those days was even more so. Regardless of whether or not it existed, the fact that it shrank is probably good, but nobody was really sure.

Merchants kept spamming all the main CoTs in Europe. Eventually the Automen Umpire decided to try and sneak in a new one without us noticing, but we caught that and soon swarmed Thrace with the same vigour that we had sent peasant women to every court in Europe. Soon the Barroise BARgainers were BARtering (I have really killed that pun by now) everywhere:

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection

superb if overpunned (ha)
    I was Sir blsteen, Knight of the Eastern West... in :One Last HurRAAh: A Milanese Empire Interactive AAR:

I was FOTW 11/25/09 and 9/12/10

Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Meanwhile a saint performed some glorious miracles all over Barrois, and became so highly acclaimed that the nation's stability took a massive leap from its prior, meager +3 to an infinitely more majestic +4. Due to game programming errors it remained at a visual +3, but unlike Swedes the Barroise can count, so they call it +4.

Always hated it when that happened.
    God's protection is better than the strongest armor or the tallest tower.
    Fan of the Week: 4/25/10 Was a recipient of one of King_Richard_XI's birthday cookies:
    Nationality: American (Dixie), Religion: Southern Baptist, Ideology: Reactionary, Issues: Jingoism
    billy bob's opinion of Mississippi
    My first AAR: Etruria: Forging an Empire (a disaster, but completed)
    My second AAR: Confessions to a Boatman: An Ottoman AAR (dead)

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the Arcane500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Wunder-bar! (Am i first to say it?)

52 games registered

What does the barometer show?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blsteen View Post
    superb if overpunned (ha)
    I'll go out puns a blazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by JDMS View Post

Always hated it when that happened.
    I wish I could keep it for later - mod it in as an option *Keep it until we need it most - Reserve +1 stab*
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris ze Spider View Post
    Pun-slayers, saving the world from evil.
    I thought we were spreading it?
    Quote Originally Posted by il_loco View Post
    Wunder-bar! (Am i first to say it?)
    Astoundingly yes!
    What does the barometer show?
    A slight chance of an update and a high probability of annexation.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast