• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Very nice style. And, it doesn't matter long your AAR exists.

Just have fun playing the game and writing when you have the time.

Victoglory!
I will of course follow this AAR.

P.S. The fish on the CoA must be a Baarracuda :D

Very nice style. And, it doesn't matter long your AAR exists.

Just have fun playing the game and writing when you have the time.
Well, whether it matters or not, I still want a good long AAR. :p And thanks for the compliments. :)
Baar
Interesting, nice to see France suffering the pain
Well, not really; they'll just avenge their defeat later...
This is fantastmigorical!
Yes. Yes it is. :cool:
PHantasmagorical; and I'm not even sure if that's a word!
Oh believe me, I'm sure.
Victoglory!
I will of course follow this AAR.

P.S. The fish on the CoA must be a Baarracuda :D
What did I do to deserve this punishment?

~Part 2: The Affairs of State~
Well, how to follow up after that victory. Not much we can do really. Our merchants are BARtering around and finding BARgains - in fact, we now dominate every CoT from Antwerpen to Novgorod, from Alexandria to Lisboa. But on the military side, we haven't a hope. I mean, take a look at our nearest targets -

alsaceisinvincible.jpg

So we can't really invade anyone without being eaten by a horde of angry OPMs and one overseeing blob. I suppose we need some buddies to pal around with... hm, who'll accept an alliance...

allies.jpg

Nope... no, not them... hm... ah, here's one!

ilpapa.jpg

Might come in handy later. Meanwhile we'll work on some of the Imperial states, maybe inherit them later. And after lots of money, Cleves deemed us worthy of an alliance (unfortunately, once again I forgot to take a picture of the Alliance itself :wacko:)

cleeeves.jpg

Hopefully they'll deter this genuinely scary thing from happening:

creepym.jpg

Still, Cleves and the Pope won't deter big bad Burgundy or frenzied ferocious France from killing us; we're BARly staying alive here. If only we had one of the big countries of Europe on our side, some seaboard nation with an eye to being a colonial power...

... nah, it'll never happen.

portqi.jpg

Wait, what?

~Part 3: Money, Money, Money~
With Barroise merchants BARtering everywhere, cash is rolling in. With this we're researching all the trade tech we can, so that the system will perpetuate itself. And just to further influence this we hired 3 wizened, miserly old hags who seem to have some talent for Trade, possibly owing to their men's names. And the scary thing is, they're all from Bar. What are the chances?

miserlyoldhags.jpg

Of course, money's no good if you haven't insured against possible annihilation in the future, and with that in mind the entire population of Barrois pretended to be royal and went and married the people in other countries who also pretended to be royal.

sdynasty.jpg

And so it was that Bar sat around counting its pennies while the rest of the world went off to fight some Turks in the middle of nowhere for no reason and got nothing.

bandwagon.jpg

Meanwhile a saint performed some glorious miracles all over Barrois, and became so highly acclaimed that the nation's stability took a massive leap from its prior, meager +3 to an infinitely more majestic +4. Due to game programming errors it remained at a visual +3, but unlike Swedes the Barroise can count, so they call it +4.

A bit later Bar went more for Free Subjects because it wanted to have low tech costs. This resulted in deflation, which nowadays is practically unheard of and in those days was even more so. Regardless of whether or not it existed, the fact that it shrank is probably good, but nobody was really sure.

deflation.jpg

Merchants kept spamming all the main CoTs in Europe. Eventually the Automen Umpire decided to try and sneak in a new one without us noticing, but we caught that and soon swarmed Thrace with the same vigour that we had sent peasant women to every court in Europe. Soon the Barroise BARgainers were BARtering (I have really killed that pun by now) everywhere:

tradeb.jpg

Meanwhile a saint performed some glorious miracles all over Barrois, and became so highly acclaimed that the nation's stability took a massive leap from its prior, meager +3 to an infinitely more majestic +4. Due to game programming errors it remained at a visual +3, but unlike Swedes the Barroise can count, so they call it +4.

:rofl:

Always hated it when that happened.

superb if overpunned (ha)
I'll go out puns a blazing! :cool:
:rofl:

Always hated it when that happened.
I wish I could keep it for later - mod it in as an option *Keep it until we need it most - Reserve +1 stab*
Pun-slayers, saving the world from evil.
I thought we were spreading it?
Wunder-bar! (Am i first to say it?)
Astoundingly yes! :p
What does the barometer show? :D
A slight chance of an update and a high probability of annexation.