+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Baar

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneMajesty II Collection
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSword of the StarsMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    ~Part 7: The Big Bar Blob~

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, France is falling apart. Day by day, the minors around it swarm over its twisted carcass and force more land from the the BBB. Champagne erupted to our immediate west, and it was mere minutes before our armies, having arrived from northern Bar, tramped across their land and into Cambray.

Soon the French were reeling and gasping in the dust, and the victoglorious Barroise armies seized their trophies.

In Northern Bar, the Lemurians decided to submit to our awesomeness by sending 8000 men to annihilate the Rebellions. Then they further acknowledged our superiority by sending us an Alliance proposal. Naturally we accepted, though we dirtied our BAReeches by stooping so low.

Elsewhere the Trollemians were overrun by the BARBARic Ostriches. Ominous is the word; facing down the Ostriches in future will be trouble.

Even further from glorious Bar, the Kingdom of Baragon had been, at some point, bought out by Paradox Interactive. Johan himself now ruled Catalunya. If only Bar could get in on that kind of action.

Last edited by King_Richard_XI; 12-02-2011 at 17:47.
    All hail Richard XI, King of the Mod, Grand Duke of Simcity 4, and Tsar of All the Awesomes - The_Shepherd

52 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    War of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

ALL GLORY TO BAR!

What the heck is wrong with Swedish AI?

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneMajesty II Collection
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSword of the StarsMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Enewald View Post
    ALL GLORY TO BAR!

What the heck is wrong with Swedish AI?
    I think it was an Inheritance rather than a conquest.
    All hail Richard XI, King of the Mod, Grand Duke of Simcity 4, and Tsar of All the Awesomes - The_Shepherd

52 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    War of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by King_Richard_XI View Post
    I think it was an Inheritance rather than a conquest.
    That is even worse!
    With a CATALAN???

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Enewald View Post
    That is even worse!
    With a CATALAN???
    Probably just one of their peasants too, knowing the tactics Bar employs.

Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Boris ze Spider View Post
    The puns, they overpower me.
    +1
    Nice work.
    God's protection is better than the strongest armor or the tallest tower.
    Fan of the Week: 4/25/10 Was a recipient of one of King_Richard_XI's birthday cookies:
    Nationality: American (Dixie), Religion: Southern Baptist, Ideology: Reactionary, Issues: Jingoism
    billy bob's opinion of Mississippi
    My first AAR: Etruria: Forging an Empire (a disaster, but completed)
    My second AAR: Confessions to a Boatman: An Ottoman AAR (dead)

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Ah, the victoglory.

Epic Swedish behavior!
    Read my Cuzco MEIOU AAR Children of the Sun! (ongoing)
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Follow Gentlemen in Germany - a Brunswick AAR! (ongoing)

Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR (ongoing)

WritAAR of the Week 24-5-2011, Fan of the Week 3-12-2009 & 15-1-2012
    Speed - A Castille (mini-?)AAR (finished)
    Took part in the HT Succession Game (finished)

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

French disenfranchised, Ostriches encroaching, Kalmar Katalans...
    On-hold: Mamma Mia! The AAR
    Completed: Europe is our dancefloor | The Shortest Road to Damascus | No Iron, One Lion, Maybe Zion
    Tintero

The July AARlander is out now, no excuse not to read it: Thread | PDF | iBooks

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Can we have a screenshot of just the map? I'm curious about the shape of Bar now.

Winner of Best Gameplay AAR (EU 1-3) Q3 2011
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 6/26/11; 9/2/2013

"i don't like ppl coyping me" - iwanow

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

The BARmy Army, we sometimes call it, painful pun or not.
    I was shaking my head whilst smiling after this first pun and have been doing so throughout! Very good stuff, very iffy puns and some very good gameplay. I shall be following.
    This AAR Soks
    WritAAR of the Week: 8 January 2012 and Weekly AAR Showcase: 15 April 2012

Are you Deshtined to suffer another kiss?
    Favourite EU Comedy AAR AARland Choice AwAARds 2010 (Q3) and 2011 (Q3)
    Character Writer of the Week: 5 December 2010

My Inkwell - Warning! This content is rated EP: Extremely Poor
    Fan of the Week: 7 September 2010, 27 February 2011 and 26 April 2012

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris ze Spider View Post
    The puns, they overpower me.
    Bar puns have UNLIMITED POWWAAAH (Twice in one thread, oh my.)
    Quote Originally Posted by JDMS View Post
    +1
    Nice work.
    I'm not even sure how I do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malurous View Post
    Ah, the victoglory.

Epic Swedish behavior!
    Typical, just typical, isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by aldriq View Post
    French disenfranchised, Ostriches encroaching, Kalmar Katalans...
    And some Trollemias to the east...
    Quote Originally Posted by gela1212 View Post
    Can we have a screenshot of just the map? I'm curious about the shape of Bar now.
    With the next update. I keep forgetting, sorry about that...
    Quote Originally Posted by morningSIDEr View Post
    I was shaking my head whilst smiling after this first pun and have been doing so throughout! Very good stuff, very iffy puns and some very good gameplay. I shall be following.
    You've probably noticed the decline in puns - hard to come up with so many for Bar! But I'm trying, and my desire to fit in more horrendous jokes forces Bar to cling to life. I'm not even a good player usually.

All - update today or tomorrow, with a bit of luck. I have to play it first - one of those write-as-you-play AARs so typical of me.

Blog Entries
    ~Part 8: The End is Nigh!~

In Mumbel, a bunch of whiny Prussian Patriots tried overthrowing the garrison. We had to wait for the bulk of the Barmy to arrive, but when it did our armies triumphantly triumphed over the triumphed-over Immanuel Von Urinebake.

Then, while we weren't looking, the Handsome and Oldenbugs declared war on an ally. We don't know which ally it was, but we went to war anyway. The traitorous Leechuanians betrayed us, of course, but who cares? We're invincible anyway.

Of course, temperamental as they are, they sent us an alliance request a day later. We don't need their help, but at least we know they won't backstab us now. We accept.

Back in the Handsome, we accidentally our entire Barmy. With 6000 infantry down the tube, we have to finish the war with only our cavalry. By the way, Riga declared war on us. They are so screwed. Especially when the Handsome, plagued by the rest of the Whole Roaming Umpire, accepted our peace offer. Riga quickly capitulated, and our army sprinted down to Orleanais to try to liberate it from the nasty nasty rebels.
    They failed.

Then the Pastille offered us an alliance. Surprised as we were, we accidentally replaced the screenshot with the one seen above. Ah well. Elsewhere, Riga seems to have defected to the Twotonnes. Shameful. We'll have to deal with them later.

Excommunicated as we were, Britney and Bargundy decided to attack us. Bargundy, after annihilating our army, randomly accepted a white peace o_O , and the Bretons were so busy invading Estonia that our army quickly occupied all of Britney. Then Never lifted our Extrapolation, and we were freeeeee!

The war being at the stage it is, both sides agree to a ceasefire. About time too. Meanwhile, the country completely collapsed when we declared war on Trollemia, we went bankrupt, over the infamy limit, and everyone declared war on us. Uprisings occurred everywhere, and though people claimed it was an omen, we chose to ignore the peasant rabble. At least we went out with a bang.

~THE END~
    Last edited by King_Richard_XI; 03-10-2012 at 17:20.

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane

Okay... That last paragraph is a bit much to handle.
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Blog Entries
    Okay... That last paragraph is a bit much to handle.
    Well, either I revert to the save file just after I declared war on Trollemia, or I make this the last update. No real difference anyway.

Well, either I revert to the save file just after I declared war on Trollemia, or I make this the last update. No real difference anyway.
    Yeah... It's a shame. But great AAR!

Blog Entries
    Yeah... It's a shame. But great AAR!
    Thanks! I hope you, and all my subscribers, enjoyed it. Rest assured, I have more plans in the works - may start on them in the near future.

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection

Wow
    that's harsh
    but always good to see an AAR that doesn't end with
    mantua conquering the world by 1755.
    I was Sir blsteen, Knight of the Eastern West... in :One Last HurRAAh: A Milanese Empire Interactive AAR:

I was FOTW 11/25/09 and 9/12/10

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Well, this AAR was certainly short but sweet! I wasn't quite expecting an end here as things had been going well until now, but that is the way of things at times. Anyway, call me barmy (...) but I'm rather looking forward to your next AAR!
    This AAR Soks
    WritAAR of the Week: 8 January 2012 and Weekly AAR Showcase: 15 April 2012

Are you Deshtined to suffer another kiss?
    Favourite EU Comedy AAR AARland Choice AwAARds 2010 (Q3) and 2011 (Q3)
    Character Writer of the Week: 5 December 2010

My Inkwell - Warning! This content is rated EP: Extremely Poor
    Fan of the Week: 7 September 2010, 27 February 2011 and 26 April 2012

Emperor of Outremer TheCheeseMaster's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

A mastAARpeice!!! How could you ever think not?!?
    "I haven't had this much sex since I was a boy scout leader, I mean, at the time, I was dating alot"
    - Lt. Frank Drebin

My AARs at the inkwell

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast