+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Baar

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneMajesty II Collection
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSword of the StarsMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries

Baar

BAAR
    - The shortest name for the shortest* AAR -

I felt like trying out Bar for my 2nd game of HttT. I doubt this will last very long, so it will be some sort of Comedy AAR while it exists. Don't be surprised if I lose quickly.
    This AAR is dedicated to birdboy2000, who so kindly bought me Heir to the Throne. May his name last as long as Bar's dynasty. *pretender revolt*

Update, February 17th - Part 8 is the last part. Thanks for reading!

*I certainly hope I'm wrong
    Last edited by King_Richard_XI; 18-12-2013 at 01:35.
    All hail Richard XI, King of the Mod, Grand Duke of Simcity 4, and Tsar of All the Awesomes - The_Shepherd

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneMajesty II Collection
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSword of the StarsMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club

Blog Entries
    ~Part 1: The State of Affairs~

Behold! Glorious Bar:

Serene, majestic, beautiful... perhaps the grandest army in the world, no? Ah, you may be wondering something... worry not, I shall answer that. Hang on, they're over here... not much room in Bar....

Ah! I can tell you are surprised: Bar DOES have an army! The BARmy Army, we sometimes call it, painful pun or not. Well, naturally we must protect our interests, and this force is just the thing for the job! 6000 angry Barroise, courtesy of our forcelimits of 1. Grandiose hardly begins to describe us.

It is expensive of course, to maintain such a large army. Most of that actually came from the Pretender who seized the throne last year - at least it paid off our 5 loans! But we do have a real source of income: Our merchants BARter far and wide:

No doubt now you begin to appreciate the awesomeness of Bar? Hm, perhaps not. Well, I shall show you what makes Bar superior to every other nation in Europe. What has brought us much glory in the last 22 years. It is this simple fact. Not 2 years have passed since it happened. I think showing you the picture will explain better than I ever could:

To victoglory!
    Last edited by King_Richard_XI; 03-10-2012 at 17:20.
    All hail Richard XI, King of the Mod, Grand Duke of Simcity 4, and Tsar of All the Awesomes - The_Shepherd

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Ok, how did you beat France?

And how did Burgundy not eat you within the first months of the game?

And why are you doing it in HTTT when Burgundy starts out in a much weaker position in DW?
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeYoshi View Post
    Ok, how did you beat France?
    They were at war with Burgundy, Milan and Austria, and I had 12000 men, mostly mercenaries.
    And how did Burgundy not eat you within the first months of the game?
    I kept bribing them, they kept insulting me, and I was allied with Bavaria.
    And why are you doing it in HTTT when Burgundy starts out in a much weaker position in DW?
    I don't have DW, remember.

52 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    War of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Where is your DW?
    You spent your money on baar?

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Cool. It's true that normally Bar lasts months, so you're already a winner in my book. Of course, naggy may have different standards.
    Last edited by Malurous; 20-01-2011 at 20:04. Reason: wording
    Read my Cuzco MEIOU AAR Children of the Sun! (ongoing)
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Follow Gentlemen in Germany - a Brunswick AAR! (ongoing)

Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR (ongoing)

WritAAR of the Week 24-5-2011, Fan of the Week 3-12-2009 & 15-1-2012
    Speed - A Castille (mini-?)AAR (finished)
    Took part in the HT Succession Game (finished)

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

No early Barricide, your hopes are much higher now... when are you getting a second province?
    On-hold: Mamma Mia! The AAR
    Completed: Europe is our dancefloor | The Shortest Road to Damascus | No Iron, One Lion, Maybe Zion
    Tintero

The July AARlander is out now, no excuse not to read it: Thread | PDF | iBooks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Enewald View Post
    Where is your DW?
    You spent your money on baar?
    HttT was a gift from birdboy2000. Haven't the money for DW. This AAR is dedicated to him, by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malurous View Post
    Cool. It's true that normally Bar lasts months, so you're already a winner in my book. Of course, naggy may have different standards.
    Don't compare me to him. Ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by aldriq View Post
    No early Barricide, your hopes are much higher now... when are you getting a second province?
    As soon as Burgundy lets me. They and France have both sent warnings.

Master of Procrastination ScarcticCG's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron Cross
    Lead and GoldMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband

As a player with much experience with grandieur and mightieness, I know that initially small nations are infact the grandest and mightiest of all nations! Onwards to victoglory indeed

May I just suggest you be a little more extensive in your nex post; people kinda want to know just how you managed to beat the big bad French and Bungurdians!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarcticCG View Post
    As a player with much experience with grandieur and mightieness, I know that initially small nations are infact the grandest and mightiest of all nations! Onwards to victoglory indeed

May I just suggest you be a little more extensive in your nex post; people kinda want to know just how you managed to beat the big bad French and Bungurdians!
    I wish I could be; I started the AAR when I realised Bar had been unusually good to me.

El Presidente of Tropico & etc Ivir Baggins's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Don't forget all the sheep that go Baar!
    "Moab is my washpot, and over Edom shall I cast out my shoe." - Psalm 108:9

I have a YouTube channel!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivir Baggins View Post
    Don't forget all the sheep that go Baar!
    I'm collecting bad puns now.

For The Glory

Quote Originally Posted by King_Richard_XI View Post
    Breaking Bard?
    AARs of Sir Svip OLIR:
    Glory for Ulm A Flagland AAR (Europa Universalis IV) (ongoing)
    Winner of: ACA 2014 Q2: EUIV, ACA 2014 Q1: EUIV (Split), AARtist of the Month (May 2014), Seal of Mythic Approval and having the same title as another popular AAR.
    Ulm plays Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods as Someone (finished), Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness as Austria (finished) and March of the Eagles as Russia (finished)
    Winner of: Hats.
    Glory for Ulm A Flagland AAR (Europa Universalis III) (ended)
    Winner of: Europa Univeralis: The Musical, Cities in Motion DLC: Ulm, AARtist of the Month (June 2011), (Royal Dutch Cheese of Anti-Frognessship), (Swedish Meatball of Volvo and Björn Borg), (Cyan Blue Cookie of Awesomeness), (Lord Strange Cookie of British Awesomeness), ACA 2010 Q4: EU Comedy, (Paradox Cookie), WritAAR of the Week (2011-01-30), "Best everything, ever" award, (Irish Shamrock Cookie) and being in this signature.
    Full list at my Inkwell

Master of Procrastination ScarcticCG's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron Cross
    Lead and GoldMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by King_Richard_XI View Post
    Hmmm... I can Baarly think of any; Baar the ones I'm going to rattle off now, of course. You can't have them for free, though I'm willing to Baarter. Be warned though, as they are sub-Baar. Baar you tired of this yet? Me too, I think I'll go hit the Baars now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarcticCG View Post
    Hmmm... I can Baarly think of any; Baar the ones I'm going to rattle off now, of course. You can't have them for free, though I'm willing to Baarter. Be warned though, as they are sub-Baar. Baar you tired of this yet? Me too, I think I'll go hit the Baars now.
    Baar humbug! I can't baar it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris ze Spider View Post
    Why does Bar's CoA have a fish when there landlocked.
    If only I knew.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Interesting. I'll be following.
    God's protection is better than the strongest armor or the tallest tower.
    Fan of the Week: 4/25/10 Was a recipient of one of King_Richard_XI's birthday cookies:
    Nationality: American (Dixie), Religion: Southern Baptist, Ideology: Reactionary, Issues: Jingoism
    billy bob's opinion of Mississippi
    My first AAR: Etruria: Forging an Empire (a disaster, but completed)
    My second AAR: Confessions to a Boatman: An Ottoman AAR (dead)

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

for victoglory!
    but judging from our peace resolution screen , you must have lost a lot to have such abysmal prestige
    no more unfinished IN AAR's

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JDMS View Post
    Interesting. I'll be following.
    Glad to have you along!
    Quote Originally Posted by sprites View Post
    for victoglory!
    but judging from our peace resolution screen , you must have lost a lot to have such abysmal prestige
    They laid siege to Barrois a few times and I went bankrupt and Foix roundly thrashed my armies. I am Bar, remember.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast