Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Salem, eh?

200k clubEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

I'm bought. Sounds awesome.

Also, we should have a invite only Paradox Forums server. Elitism for the win.
    Brittania: A Saga of Albion - Hiatus
    AwAARds
    WritAAR of the Week 11/23/09
    Character WritAAR of the Week 03/08/10
    Showcased 24/04/2010
    Favourite CK History Book AAR 07/06/2010 and 01/02/2011

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDungeonlandEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsPenumbra - Black Plague
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldThe Showdown EffectWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Sound really interesting.

Generally I don't care about MMO games but this one looks original and promising.

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDungeonlandEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsPenumbra - Black Plague
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldThe Showdown EffectWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Camara View Post
    I just hope that with the developpment they replace the cartoony caracters with evil or desperate looking ones.
    +1

Come on, you can't have a lovecraftian atmosphere with those characters

Slacker Extraordinaire Zzzzz...'s Avatar
    67 games registered

Achtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDiplomacyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur II
    MagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

If the place is comfy to sleep in, yes, you can find me there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleidoscope View Post
    It's the best feature.
    If there is a good moderation on the community then yeah. I will try this anyway.

Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The game sounds awesome indeed but i also fail to see why so cute childish" graphics when they are talking abour Lovercraft and horror I fail to see the connetion.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Dear Paradox,
    I hope you have all read the crucible....

Quote Originally Posted by Torgrim View Post
    The game sounds awesome indeed but i also fail to see why so cute childish" graphics when they are talking abour Lovercraft and horror I fail to see the connetion.
    90% of the time you'll be fishing, farming, building and doing all kinds of very peaceful and very down-to-earth kind of things that in my not so humble opinion aren't believable when painted in grim-dark colors. Cute graphics also make for an awesome contrast to what I expect to be an at times grim-dark gameplay. It's very intentional.
    Plan to die alot, casual?

- Anonymous replies to post complaining about permanent death in Salem on 4chan/v.

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Bean View Post
    90% of the time you'll be fishing, farming, building and doing all kinds of very peaceful and very down-to-earth kind of things that in my not so humble opinion aren't believable when painted in grim-dark colors. Cute graphics also make for an awesome contrast to what I expect to be an at times grim-dark gameplay. It's very intentional.
    One article (this one) talked about how you can do all kind of mundane jobs like cheese making, bread baking, etc to keep the community running. In addition, there is secret stuff like learning and casting spells and doing so in secret. This sounds to me somewhat like the gameplay of Space Station 13 (where you run a station with a group of people with everyone a very specialized job, and some are secretly traitors, with each round the station restarting with new traitors. I know Salem isn't about this cat and mouse game though), and it's interesting how fun it is to actually feel good at what you do and be special for doing it, despite it being mundane and riskless. Will Salem have a lot of emphasis on different jobs everyone can do as well as 'darker secrets' your character can develop?

Quote Originally Posted by safferli View Post
    I just wanted to post the interview. The game sounds very nice, though I'm not a great fan of PvP... might have to start doing that!

And man -- BrotherBean! He's the designer/lead/producer/don't know which, but if he has a large say on this game it will be totally awesome. He just has so much sly, dry, and witty humour, it's insane.

BrotherBean, I want to have your children! Hm, I think I might need to start a group, the BrotherBean fanclub/groupies or something
    Baaw, now you made me go all blushy-like.
    Plan to die alot, casual?

- Anonymous replies to post complaining about permanent death in Salem on 4chan/v.

I have been dreaming of a game like this for years. I've played a couple of free MMOs like Urban Dead and a modified GTA:SA and haven't found the concept of MMOs in their current state very inviting. The immortality, for one, always kind of bugged me. Even in college when I played D&D, nobody ever wanted to play a game where any of us might actually be in any danger of dying. Takes quite a bit of excitement out of it.

The GTA:SA mod I played was really irksome because people were constantly bugging the mods to deal with the griefers. We were all in gangs and we had guns! What was the point of joining a gang if there was no need for the protection of a group? It was ridiculous.

So, I am really, really looking for to playing this game.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Why not apply the concept of family to the game? Your children would have some of your skills learnt and in death you could optionally continue playing your dynasty? So some of your earthly possessions would be inherited and some of the skills gained also. So death would be something in between permanent death and current "no death at all" trend.
    - On the boat since The Release of EU1 -
    - Road to hell is paved with good intentions -

Interested in extremely well thought of realistic hardcore near future SCIFI setting? Check out 2300AD. Mankind has just started to colonize nearby starsystems and encountered the first alien species

200k clubEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Variton View Post
    Why not apply the concept of family to the game? Your children would have some of your skills learnt and in death you could optionally continue playing your dynasty? So some of your earthly possessions would be inherited and some of the skills gained also. So death would be something in between permanent death and current "no death at all" trend.
    As long as it's a purely singleplayer experience. If players could intermarry, things would go very bad. Inheriting accounts and all that.
    Brittania: A Saga of Albion - Hiatus
    AwAARds
    WritAAR of the Week 11/23/09
    Character WritAAR of the Week 03/08/10
    Showcased 24/04/2010
    Favourite CK History Book AAR 07/06/2010 and 01/02/2011

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Bean View Post
    You forgot milking the cows and collecting honey from bees. Still I hope the servers for Salem will be better and more stable than the ones for H&H

Keep us posted BB
    "A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for."

The King of Portugal and the Algarves in "Et cetera: The Justice League Fails Again"
    The King of Spain in "Primus Inter Pares III: The Spanish Betrayal"
    The Padishah of the Ottoman Empire in "Ab Igne Ignem Capere: The Destruction of France"
    The Original Sultan of Morocco in "Time of Reckoning: Of Diplomacy, Empire and Intrigue"

Bullmaster, do you remember the horror of the early days? When inventories and the world were saved apart and so you could either lose hours of work or duplicate expensive items?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3