• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
SERIOUSLY? Because that's a lot of work to handle! Many dukes, counts and characters, spouses and children... whoa!

A great part was already done in CK1 (the 1066 scenario had ancestors up to 800 and sometime earlier, the 1187 and 1337 scenarii are a little bit less expanded but still have lots of ancestors for the actuals rulers and their family, so any start date between 1066 and 1337 should be really complete with historical characters, especially if they used the user made characters database in the modding forum). And for the few holes, the game could always auto-generate characters (like it did in ck1 with courtiers)... It should be especially useful for start date after 1337.

It doesn't need that much of work if they found a way to convert ck1 data files in the ck2 format.

Last edited:
A great part was already done in CK1.
And for the few holes, the game could always auto-generate characters (like it did in ck1 with courtiers).

It doesn't need that much of work if they found a way to convert ck1 data files in the ck2 format.

There are more than a few holes, and yes, it is a lot of work. However, we aim to get at least Kings and Dukes in. The rest can indeed be auto-generated if missing.

I agree, the map does indeed look nice! However the discussion was more about the province setup, than how the map looked in general(/graphically).

yep but since SolSara said
I was the one who made the map with all the provinces or counties as we call them now. NONE of the old provinces have been removed.

And we know for sure that there will be mod to add county like mappa regnoum.

For the Start date as long as the CK start date are available its ok for me.

Yep (though the main bookmarks will receive more attention.)

If you limit the actual implementation to only kings and dukes for anything but the scenarios it seems not too much resources are devoted to this feature. I like this compromise. :) It certainly is great mod-wise. We might see a 'complete timeline' mod or such (with all counts and barons included to some degree).

Last edited:
There are more than a few holes, and yes, it is a lot of work. However, we aim to get at least Kings and Dukes in. The rest can indeed be auto-generated if missing.

It's a long time since my last CK game. I remembered lots and lots of characters defined, even among the dead characters. I had the impression that you'll "only" have to add historical kings and emperors and the most prestigious dukes and let the game generate missing dukes, counts and barons (as it isn't that important).

Anyway, I stand corrected on the amount of work, you are a lot more ambitious than I though (as you want to get "at least" all dukes and not just the most prestigious ones), and it's the reason for my bad chosen words, sorry.

Last edited:
Wow. Didn't expect that.:D