+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Crusader Kings 2 @Pdxconvention!

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Hoi 2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Cèsar de Quart View Post
    SERIOUSLY? Because that's a lot of work to handle! Many dukes, counts and characters, spouses and children... whoa!
    A great part was already done in CK1 (the 1066 scenario had ancestors up to 800 and sometime earlier, the 1187 and 1337 scenarii are a little bit less expanded but still have lots of ancestors for the actuals rulers and their family, so any start date between 1066 and 1337 should be really complete with historical characters, especially if they used the user made characters database in the modding forum). And for the few holes, the game could always auto-generate characters (like it did in ck1 with courtiers)... It should be especially useful for start date after 1337.

It doesn't need that much of work if they found a way to convert ck1 data files in the ck2 format.
    Last edited by Captain Frakas; 24-01-2011 at 14:49.
    One does not put a king on trial. One kills him.
    One cannot reign innocently: the insanity of doing so is evident. Every king is a rebel and a usurper.
    Saint Just.

Game Director Paradox Dev Team Doomdark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Frakas View Post
    A great part was already done in CK1.
    And for the few holes, the game could always auto-generate characters (like it did in ck1 with courtiers).

It doesn't need that much of work if they found a way to convert ck1 data files in the ck2 format.
    There are more than a few holes, and yes, it is a lot of work. However, we aim to get at least Kings and Dukes in. The rest can indeed be auto-generated if missing.
    Henrik Fåhraeus

Abusus non tollit usum

Quote Originally Posted by Doomdark View Post
    There are more than a few holes, and yes, it is a lot of work. However, we aim to get at least Kings and Dukes in. The rest can indeed be auto-generated if missing.
    So, you basically confirm start-at-any-date?

59 games registered

Rome GoldVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Ruwaard View Post
    I agree, the map does indeed look nice! However the discussion was more about the province setup, than how the map looked in general(/graphically).
    yep but since SolSara said
    I was the one who made the map with all the provinces or counties as we call them now. NONE of the old provinces have been removed.
    And we know for sure that there will be mod to add county like mappa regnoum.

For the Start date as long as the CK start date are available its ok for me.
    advienne que pourra

Tanto nomini nullum par elogium Nicolaus Machiavelli

My english is bad? nah I'm French and its a duty to make mistake in English ^^

Game Director Paradox Dev Team Doomdark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Romtos View Post
    Yep (though the main bookmarks will receive more attention.)
    Henrik Fåhraeus

Abusus non tollit usum

If you limit the actual implementation to only kings and dukes for anything but the scenarios it seems not too much resources are devoted to this feature. I like this compromise. It certainly is great mod-wise. We might see a 'complete timeline' mod or such (with all counts and barons included to some degree).
    Last edited by Romtos; 24-01-2011 at 16:05.

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Hoi 2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

It's a long time since my last CK game. I remembered lots and lots of characters defined, even among the dead characters. I had the impression that you'll "only" have to add historical kings and emperors and the most prestigious dukes and let the game generate missing dukes, counts and barons (as it isn't that important).

Anyway, I stand corrected on the amount of work, you are a lot more ambitious than I though (as you want to get "at least" all dukes and not just the most prestigious ones), and it's the reason for my bad chosen words, sorry.
    Last edited by Captain Frakas; 24-01-2011 at 16:20.
    One does not put a king on trial. One kills him.
    One cannot reign innocently: the insanity of doing so is evident. Every king is a rebel and a usurper.
    Saint Just.

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Romtos View Post
    Wow, just wow!
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

Master of MegaSlavia Demi Moderator RedRalphWiggum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by safferli View Post
    Wow, just wow!
    Must be some amount of research. Impressive.

This is just awesome! It was probably the biggest CKII surprise since the game was announced! I never thought you guys'd do that 'till EUIV.

Quote Originally Posted by vadermath View Post
    This is just awesome! It was probably the biggest CKII surprise since the game was announced! I never thought you guys'd do that 'till EUIV.
    I thought they would never do it again in general.

Slacker Extraordinaire Zzzzz...'s Avatar
    67 games registered

If the place is comfy to sleep in, yes, you can find me there!
    CKII will be the best game ever!
    The list of all my AARs: INKWELL

Current AAR: Golden Sun - A KR Kurdistan AAR - Darkest Hour
    The Policies of Grandeur - Coming Soon!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Blog Entries
    Wow. Didn't expect that.
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. -Isa 41:10

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -John 3:16
    -------------------------------

My machine specs: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD6870 with 1 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5