• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(244600)

Second Lieutenant
8 Badges
Dec 31, 2010
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Semper Fi
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2 A House Divided Beta
how do you demand multiple cores of yours (after getting manifest destiny) when your at war with mexico. do you have to demand one core, win it. have a truce. declare war and demand another core. win that war. and do it over and over again until you get all of your cores?

how do you demand multiple cores of yours (after getting manifest destiny) when your at war with mexico. do you have to demand one core, win it. have a truce. declare war and demand another core. win that war. and do it over and over again until you get all of your cores?

Nop, you declare a War with one of your war goals, get one core, then as the war goes on, add another war goal, then another one until you get the max war score of 100. I'm not sure if with one war you can take all your cores, never played with the USA.

You go to to mexicos diplomacy card and there is a button add war goal which is above the infamy and troops information not close to the others. playing with usa usually in first war with mexico i get all my cores plus sonora and chihuahua if i occupy about 95% of the country

You can grab it all at once. I did so in one glorious war.

You need to attack Mexico directly rather than intervening in their war with Texas. There's "status quo" war goal always added by Texas preventing you from stealing land in the intervention.

In general, get Texas into your SOI and grab military access from them, invent Romanticism, raise relations with the UK over 100. When armies are in place (you need to send two brigades north to oversee colonies, send infantry), you declare war of humilation on Mexico, surround their army in Texas and wipe it, then when Romanticism is invented you grab Manifest Destiny and keep sieging Mexico till they give you all your cores. You can take some of their states in that war... but there's no real reason to do it.

The reason for taking them is these are good states with lots of population to make into craftsmen and dragoons if you get more to the south durango , jalisco and escpacially zacatecas have lots of population but not nuevo leon which is close but has very little population