• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thank you! About the nationes, you probably know that the decree of Kutná Hora, which gave the Bohemian nation as many votes as the other nationes combined in the university councils, was responsible for the leaving of almost all of the foreign students and staff at one point. I thought that if things were kept this way, it might be too unrealistic to expect many foreigners to return. On the other hand, if the Bohemian nation would be given only one vote again, there would be a danger of Papists conspiring against us. Apparently, many universities in Europe during the time had a similar system with a division into nationes, but not all, so I figured that just abolishing it would be an easy way out. :) (Not completely sure about plausibility, but why not?)

Nice to see our history adapted to the AAR!

I have to say that I absolutely forgot about this AAR. But I usually leave my subscription on, so when you updated this, I read it ASAP - a great read as always.

Wow, it's good to see you updating again.
I just saw this AAR on the front page and wondered why I hadnt read it before, then i saw the post dates lol.
It's back, splendid!
Athalcor said:
I have to say that I absolutely forgot about this AAR. But I usually leave my subscription on, so when you updated this, I read it ASAP - a great read as always.
Sorry that it took so long! Some things came up, I went on a long holiday, and after a while it always becomes harder to get back into AARing. I should update at least once a month to avoid being forgotten..
Welcome, Jman47!

Kurfürst said:
But the cultural and intellectual state of Bohemia has to be remedied ASAP, your lands must shine like a beacon of culture on Europe.
Eventually. The nearer future is too warlike for that.

Last edited:
The reform-driven religious turmoil often turn out quite... tame in my experience, which is good for the economy, but rather boring. Here is hopping that the coming years make the Hussite wars look as horrible as a particularly competitive game of minigolf.

Well, as Luther hasn't shown up yet, the 'real' religious wars will still need some buildup to happen. (A secession like Bohemia's here isn't enough to spawn a religious war in the game) But I promise that the next 25 years (which is about the time I have played ahead) will be quite interesting, although partly for other reasons than what you might imagine. First things first, we have the Muslims knocking on our doors in Italy to worry about..