+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: "Ex Castris Virtute" — Tuesdays, 19:15 CET.

Master of Cabalic Ceremonies Mach1av3ll1's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

"Ex Castris Virtute" — Tuesdays, 19:15 CET.

Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind 5.1

Welcome to Ex Castris Virtute

Tuesday 6:15 PM - 10:30 PM GMT

Next Session: 8th of February, 2011

Introduction
    This will be my first hosted game, but I felt there was a lack of available weekday European time games, so I thought why not make one. Anyone is welcome to join, however be aware that this is a game which encourages friendlier gameplay. Being dramatically aggressive against players is not forbidden, but seriously frowned upon, and most likely will be met with gangland style retribution. I welcome all players to join up, but if you are not comfortable with this, or the rules posted below, please look elsewhere for your Tuesday night entertainment.

Anyone with an available mumble server or teamspeak is encouraged to let me know so we can have voice chat for the game, otherwise I will try and work something out.
    Lastly, player nations will be capped at 15 in order to maintain game stability; however the GM reserves the right to shorten or extend this number if necessary. I will include that in the player list should this occur. Players are still welcome, and in fact encouraged to include their lists at this point and should an assigned perm not show for the first game without explanation they will be allowed to replace that perm. If a perm drops out nations will be reassigned in order of precedence.

If a perm wishes to change nation, please inform me BEFORE the game so that I don’t have to reassign players in the lobby when we should be starting. I am available pretty much always on MSN.

Finally, when you list your nations you are committing to something, and are therefore expected to abide by the attendance rules. The GM reserves the right to reassign a nation if a player fails to show without explanation. (Or rage quits.)

Please read the rules below and if you are okay with them, I hope you join up and look forward to seeing you on the battlefield

Settings:

Difficulty: Normal

AI Aggressiveness: Low

Lucky Nations: Off

Spread of Sea Provinces: 50 Years

Spread of Land Provinces: 100 Years

Rules derived, and frequently directly taken, from Howl to the Moon & Ab Igne Ignem Capere, with adjustments.

General Rules:

1. Wartax is allowed. Due to new gameplay elements in Divine Wind, it is less advantageous to farm war taxes. However, if it is seen that a player is gaming the system to exploit war taxes, it will again be banned.

2. Lucky nations will be turned off.

3. Disrespectful treatment of other players is forbidden. Any disputes about in game situations are to resolved by the GM. Continual harassment of a player will lead to removal from the game. Note that players have different personalities and the GM does not know what each player considers disrespectful. The GM will generally not act on behavior unless he is told it is disrespectful, or the behavior is blatantly disrespectful (racism, homophobic statements, etc. Playful teasing over nationality, both in game and real life, is acceptable unless there is a complaint from a player.)

4. It is a player’s duty to find a sub to fill in for his absence; the GM holds no responsibility to this.

5. Naval stacks are limited to 150 ships per stack. Any violation of this rule will lead to removal of the entire stack. (this does not contemplate 5-10 captured ships from a previous naval battle, however players should ensure that their navy stacks are not higher then 150 at the end of the session) If the engine changes in DW make this rule obsolete, and the rule will be tossed out. I don’t know myself, so feel free to tell me

6. Wrecking your own nation just because you lost is forbidden. So you cant release every possible vassal, or refuse to peace and go to ridiculous lengths to annoy your enemy.

7. No sale of provinces to nations who cant see said provinces and cant see the sellers capital.

8. A player can DOW another player's vassal IF { that vassal is not allied with its overlord AND the player has no truce with the overlord }

9. Bargains between players will NOT be enforced. If a player does not hold his side of a bargain he made, the sanction is to have other players know it and act in consequence.

10. Going to war with another player just for the lulz is not allowed. The nature of enforcing this rule is subjective.

11. A form of communication that runs outside of EU3 is required. This could be MSN or Skype. Being able to quickly communicate outside of the game is vital.

Absence rules:

1. Players absent to the game twice in a row, without notifying the GM or any other player will be removed from their nation and it will be given to someone else if they want it.

2. Nations which are not subbed during the first session of player absence will be invulnerable to attacks from other players. If any player finds himself at war with such a nation, a WP is to be made as quickly as possible. This does not contemplate the event where a pvp war was going on in the previous session, whereas one is not absent, his nation will not be invulnerable for the duration of the war.

3. A player with internet instability will also be invulnerable. This also joins in under "unable to join trough external effect". The GM however does need to be aware of this.

4. If a player drops, he will be set to be braindead by default. AI control can be requested by the player if he does not wish to be braindead. Should a nation be highly unstable at the time of a drop caused by external factors and is unable to communicate to the GM, the nation may be set to AI by decision of GM in order to protect the nation from being torn apart by rebels.

5. Rage quits will not be tolerated. It is a videogame, and if you wish to leave you are free to do so respectfully and politely. Should you rage quit during a war, the protections guaranteed to you in these rules will be revoked. Rage quitting will also deny you the privileges granted to you by absence rules and may result in immediate reassignment of your nation. Finally, rage quits will void your right of rehost for that session.
    Right of Rehost:

It is a player’s right to receive 2 rehosts per session. However, should two drops occur within 45 minutes of each other, the player will have to wait for another rehost, in order to protect the game from constant rehosts. The procedure of rehosting is pretty familiar to you all, of course, but I will sum it up just in case:
    1. Host saves the game and GM tells everyone to restart their game.
    2. Host places the savegame on the forum and starts the server up.
    3. Players retrieve the game, please be mindful and get the save before you enter the game.
    4. GM makes a headcount, tells everyone to select nations and tells the host to load the save.
    5. Game starts again.
    Please be alert in case of a rehost, no one wants a long dragging rehost, we want to have a fast routine evertime we need to rehost. Continual failure to co-operate in a fast rehost will cause us to leave without you. Our goal is to achieve a 5 minute deadline on rehosting. Upon your third drop, you will have to wait until the next rehost, if any come at all. In this time your nation will be AI'd. Keep stationary at MSN so I can notify you fast when you will receive an rehost.

If anyone crashes during a game, or gets disconnected, that player must contact me on MSN to notify his condition and I will patch through when to receive a rehost. I am always available on MSN during the games and will instantly see if someone notifies me on MSN.

If a player is at war at his third drop, and notifies me of his return, we will rehost. As a GM, I retain the right to shorten the right of rehost to 1 later on in the game, or decide not to rehost a second time for a player, or to rehost a third time for a player. I also reserve the right to give a rehost at any given time.

I wish to note here, even if we get to 1820, the rehost rule is still in effect.

Peace Rules:
    OrangeYoshi’s Karma system is the dominating factor in terms of provincial demands, however a few guidelines and caveats will be given, as this is meant to be a friendly-ish game.

1) No demanding more than 90% warscore during any peace deal.

2) When surrender is made, the peace offered by the victor cannot exceed the warscore, so long as it is above 50%. This is to say that should a player surrender when he is at -18% warscore, the victor may demand up to 50%. Should said player surrender at 64%, the victor may demand up to 64%.

3) No annexation unless the player has only one province left. In the event that a player is annexed, he may rejoin during the next session as a new country (the choice will be at the GM’s discrection).

4) No demanding provinces which do not connect directly to either a border of your nation, one of your vassals, or a coastline. (Provinces connected to a province that fills these criteria are of course allowed.) Furthermore, peace which does not bring a player to one province must allow a land connection between his capital and the remainder of his territory. Exceptions will of course be made; so long as they don’t violate the spirit of this rule (Don’t isolate capitals to be obnoxious).

5) Should your warscore hit -60%, any offer made below -30% must be accepted, so long as it does not violate rule 4.

6) Colony Seizure is both allowed and encouraged

Examples and Explanation of Rule 4:
    This is to prevent a player from demanding obnoxious provinces to be annoying. I.E. A player defeating france and then demanding all the provinces directly around Ile-De France, or A player defeating England and then cutting off London from the rest of the isles. A Mamuluk player may, for example, demand Eastern Turkey from the Ottomans, including inland provinces, as he is also demanding provinces that connect to his border. Same idea for Venice demanding a chunk of Greece, as it connects to a coastline.

There are rules on how you may peace out of wars:
    1. Peacing a player through an AI is prohibited. There is an exception to this rule based on the fact that the AI nation was a player in the last session which was unable to find a sub.

2. A surrender is a surrender, and is definitive. Once you invoke surrender, peace must be agreed to. You may not sit on his land refusing peace to drive up his WE and drive down his treasury, you must peace out ASAP. If the session ends after a surrender but before peace is worked out, get the peace deal finalized before the beginning of the next session. The GM will pause the game for one minute, and reserves the right to extend this pause should he feel it is necessary. If the person who surrendered doesn't like the peace deal being offered by the attacker, he has the right to withdraw his surrender and continue fighting. I ask victors to be reasonable in their demands.

3. Whenever there are two players in a war and one of them is the alliance leader, the alliance leader may not peace out with an enemy nation without the explicit permission of all the other player nations in the alliance. If this rule is not followed, the other player nations reserve the right to request that they be edited back into a state of war with the same strategic situation as when the alliance leader peace deal was made.

Please use a nick similar to your name here on the forums.

GM Stuff:

Mach1av3ll1, represented here by me, will serve as our wildly inexperienced but well intentioned GM.

The substitute GM, in the event that the primary GM has been shot and/or killed, or otherwise forcibly indisposed, shall be treated and respected as the primary GM so long as he is serving in that capacity.

Substitute GM: Available, please contact me if you are interested and able to host.

The GM will hold watch to any violation of the rules. If you are suspected of breaking the rules, you will have to submit to analysis of your country by the GM between sessions. If the GM finds evidence of rule breaking, he will consider 1. Time-out 2. In game punishment 3. Removal from game 4. Blacklisting from future games.

One last thing: The GM's word is law.

My MSN is Mach1av3ll1 [at] hotmail [dot] com

Please post your top 4 choices, nations will be assigned according to availability followed by preference. Should the GM feel a choice is not viable due to regional crowding, he reserves the right to skip down your list. Please also include your MSN.
    Last edited by Mach1av3ll1; 09-02-2011 at 01:04.

Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

List of Players

Count: 16+1

Holland - Mach1av3ll1

England - TheGrandPrince

?(Morocco?) - Siralus

Byzantine Empire - Syber_Sid

Portugal - Norpheus

Sweden - Tixa Arth

Castille - Janlm

France - Grotten

Hansa - Pasasuca

Austria- Manchester.bw

Brandenburg - Bierbrauer

Hindustan - Tanku

Mamluks - Outcast

Champa - Walshy

Japan - Elcyion

Muscowy - Rayzee

Reserve List

Note: Should a nation form a new nation, ie Holland to Netherlands, their nation name and color will be updated accordingly.

Gameday is Tuesdays
    Last edited by Mach1av3ll1; 16-02-2011 at 21:14.

<3

We have a roaming sub already but no perms, with Syber_Sid offering haha.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLegioMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    I think I can manage 3 games a week.
    Sign me up for England.
    Most supporters of the Oslo Accords insisted that this agreement would solve all existing problems.

Private
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Hello, please add me to the game!
    I would like to play as:
    1.Sweden
    2.Venice
    3.Muscovy
    4.Naples

sign me up as Castille

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I'll join as Austria

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Actually, checking dates that would be 1 PM on a weekday for me, so probably can't join. Sorry :/

I like how everyone I know is joining!

Glad to have you guys on board.
    Last edited by Mach1av3ll1; 16-01-2011 at 20:32.

I would like to join. Tuesday is much better than Wednesday. I'm usually come from work around 18PM, maybe we could move game 10-15 minutes past 18?

1. Timurids
    2. Poland
    3. Ottomans
    4. Milan

haha yes, the formal start time is 18:15, I willl update that in the thread

Timurids is your's!

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

Hey I'd like to join as France, Muscovy or Venice. Doesn't matter much which one :- )

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I would like to play TO
    Advertise here!

You should make it an hour later, then I could join :P

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLegioMarch of the Eagles
    Mount & Blade: WarbandRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Syber_sid View Post
    I can haz Ottoman Empire?
    Huzzah! Sultan Sid!
    Most supporters of the Oslo Accords insisted that this agreement would solve all existing problems.

hey we are both starting up a tuesday game and we are both looking at having the same amount of players i.e not enough why dont we combine the games so we have about 16 players.
    I will be killed till i die from it.

Blog Entries
    Darn it. I have a different game in an overlapping timeslot.
    But if my country crash and burn tomorrow, I'll join this one. As England.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast