• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Woot, Canada! :D ...lol, Peter Canuck is the leader. :p
Does Great Britain only have one province left in the British Isles? If you're lucky, maybe they'll move their capital and you can claim the entire island.
The giant words "Chinese Europe" look epic. :)
I'm hoping for some time now that GB moves its capital. Then the British isles are all mine. MINE!

only 45 years to convert all of Europe ;-).

This is one of the most bizarre alternate history games I've read - well done.
Thank you. It is indeed quite a strange game.

Well, that ruins my plans. >.>

Anyway, where did Papal forces flee to? I'm not seeing them in your screenshots . . . or maybe they're just blending in somewhere . . .
The last time I saw them they were a vassal of Bohemia. They have been assimilated into the unified HRE. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think they have reappeared.

Heh, Canada is really far south eh?
You'd think Louisiana would spawn from French colonies rather than British/English ones.
Kind of Ironic that Canada is now the Southerners.....Hopefully America appears in South Africa
Abandon all historical knowledge, all ye who enter here!

It was a real surprise to me when I saw that releasing Canada was a peace option with GB. As the only province GB has in the north is on Greenland, I assumed Canada would be formed there. You can imagine my surprise when I saw Canada appear in Central America!

I also found it hilariously that there is now a Confucian La Plata with Italian culture.

Episode 27: The revolution keeps spreading

As my infamy in 1775 is about 14, I need to rest for a few years before I can go spread the joy of constitutional government around. So I spend the years sending missionaries, giving converted provinces to my vassals and seeing my Land Tech increase. In 1777 I shake up things by repeatedly encouraging the Eunuchs and with the friendly help of two events I manage to get them into power.

faction_take_over_tem_eun.png

I send my merchants to boost my dropping trade income (infamy doesn't help with foreign trade), only for the Templars to get back into power a couple of months later.

faction_take_over_eun_tem.png

Then in 1780, Menglin III dies, after 47 years of ruling. The father of the revolution will be missed, especially his high MIL score. His successor is a ADM 9 MIL 4 DIP 3 leader, which makes me very unhappy. Very.

So as is now my custom, when I feel unhappy I make the Emperor unhappy. I declare war on the Holy Roman Empire. With a Land Tech level 55 versus the HRE's 45, my excellent generals and my Espirit de Corps, almost all battles are easily won by me, with many battles seeing Imperial losses of 30.000 troops. One battle is particulary worthy of mentioning: the battle of Westfalen:

1780-06-18battleofwestfalen.png

As you can see, the HRE's 135.000 troops lost to my 74.000, losing 82.000 troops versus 5.000 on my side. I think this is my largest EU3 battle ever. With victories like this, the war is quickly one and I gain another 14 provinces:

1780-08-20hregains.png

With infamy back at 14, it's waiting time once again. In the meantime, I switch to Bureaucratic control so that I can build and Embassy in Sudeten. Okay, it's a bit late, but even I make mistakes. Quite a lot, in fact.

faction_take_over_tem_bur.png

faction_take_over_bur_tem.png

In 1784 elections take place and of course I select a military candidate. Luckily, I get this guy:

1784-01-24shixiantothethrone.png

With a bit of luck, I can keep this guy for the rest of the game. For now, Shixian has only to worry about the HRE, whom we invade yet again. Well, "worry" is maybe not the right word, "take pity on" is perhaps the better phrase. The war proceeds conform protocol and after a year I have another 18 former Imperial provinces:

1789-05-01hrepeacegainsincludinglowlands.png

In 1789 two new nations see the light of day: first there is a revolter from Great Britain:

1789-05-02usa.png

I literally laughed out loud when I saw this. The Americas are ridiculously deviating from history in this game!

The other nation is a new European vassal of China: Saxe-Lauenburg.

1789-05-30seedingsaxe-lauenburg.png

With the release of Saxe-Lauenburg I lose 14 infamy, bring my infamy down to a more comfortable 7.6 in total. With such low infamy it would be a shame not to attack someone, so I declare war on France in March 1790. They are joined by several smaller nations, including Venice. In June I have control over all of mainland France and gain 10 French provinces and Venice's Treviso.

So with that last little conquest, the map of Europe looks like this:

1790-06-29Europe.png

Stats

Code:
					change during decade		change since 1399	
			1780	1790	absolute	relative	absolute	relative
No. of provinces	289	295	6		2%		241		446%
Yearly income		11.570	12.452	882		8%		11.614		1386%
Yearly income/province	40,0	42,2	2,2		5%		26,7		172%
Inflation		0,6	0,7	0,1		N/A		0,7		N/A
Manpower (x1.000)	576	577	1		0%		492		579%
Army Size		390	390	0		0%		351		900%
Navy size		227	227	0		0%		178		363%

Code:
					change during decade		change since 1399	
			1770	1780	absolute	relative	absolute	relative
No. of provinces	289	289	0		0%		235		435%
Yearly income		11.493	11.570	77		1%		10.732		1281%
Yearly income/province	39,8	40,0	0,3		1%		24,5		158%
Inflation		0,5	0,6	0,1		N/A		0,6		N/A
Manpower (x1.000)	577	576	-1		0%		491		578%
Army Size		390	390	0		0%		351		900%
Navy size		227	227	0		0%		178		363%

Despite all the political changes, the stats remain quite constant. Army, navy and manpower pool are constant, as is inflation. The number of provinces gained fluctuates quite a lot during the decades as a conquer a dozen or so and then give many of them away to vassals. While the income per province remains at a low 40-something, research is fast, although regaining stability is quite slow. It takes about a year per point, while in most of my games at this point in the game I can easily get one stability per 6 months or even faster.

Next: World domination

This just keeps getting better and better! How much infamy is it per province with your NI again? 1 or 2?

Love this AAR!
Could you do me a favor and conquer the rest of germany so you can release confucian germany? just for the lolz ;D
Ypu might have noticed two vassals in German territory, one of which is already quite a lot bigger than when released...

This just keeps getting better and better! How much infamy is it per province with your NI again? 1 or 2?
With Revolutionary War you gain only 1 Infamy per province, making it one of the best CB in the game, along with Holy War and Colonial.

Combined with the fact that for every province I release as a vassal, I lose 2 infamy, enables my rapid expansion. FYI, I lose about 2 infamy per year, depending on monarch.

He should be gaining 1.

Nice going it is...

What is your total army combined with vassals at the moment?
Well, Aragon, Granada, England and Tuscany each have an army of about 30k to 40k, to give you an idea of what my vassals can bring to the field. However, I no longer invite them to wars as I don't want to damage their economies with war exhaustion.

France is so close to being land-locked. Once they are, they will be easy pickings... well, easier than they already are. :D
Awesome location for the US. :p

This... is... scary, seeing Europe all changed like that. I hope you don't switch again to a non-democratic government.

Don't you need cores on various provinces before you can form Germany? Cores they can't get anymore because of the endgame of 1821?

You have to conquer Lisbon and Madrid, until that is done, your borders are not complete.
Borders are never complete, but notice that Madrid is already mine. Well, under Aragonese supervision, but still mine.

France is so close to being land-locked. Once they are, they will be easy pickings... well, easier than they already are. :D
Awesome location for the US. :p
As opposed to being not easy pickings right now?

The game looks more and more like a map in some deranged alt-history book. About the only things it has in common with our timline are the placement of England and Scotland. I mean, Chinese North America, French and British South America, Imperial Australia?

This... is... scary, seeing Europe all changed like that. I hope you don't switch again to a non-democratic government.
Don't worry about it. China will spread the virtues of democracy and liberté, fraternité, equalité!

Last edited:
Don't you need cores on various provinces before you can form Germany? Cores they can't get anymore because of the endgame of 1821?
That's also true. Besides, I don't want to have overly powerful vassals that could form a threat to me.

What are the prequesits to change to revolutionary republic / empire?
It's done by event, only available to European nations with a government like absolute monarchy, plus some other requirements. This is all AFAIK, but I'm pretty certain it isn't available to a constitutional republican China.

My mistake, that one province on the Spansih mainland i meant.
That yellow province in the middle, Burgos I think, is mine. The reason that you see these random provinces still under my control and not governed by the appropriate vassal is that I convert conquered provinces before I give them away. Until they are converted, they remain mine, which can take some time (Salamance took more than 50 years with a 10% chance!). Sometimes I give unconverted provinces to vassals depending on who it is. Some vassals convert quite effectively themselves (England), some do convert provinces but reluctantly (Tuscany, Bavaria, Saxe-Lauenburg) and some have a negative missionary gain and will never convert (Granada, Toulouse).

As I reach 1815, I will probably abondon the "convert before selling" strategy and just give my vassals their intended territory as quickly as possible.