+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: An in-game way to get rid of Chinese factions?

Αὐτοκράτωρ τῶν Ῥωμαίων bitparity's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIMagickaMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

An in-game way to get rid of Chinese factions?

Tried changing governments, nope. I thought westernizing would do it, notta. Then tried becoming the Chinese nation after Manchu was annexed by somebody else, and that just resulted in a game crash.

I'm assuming Manchu imperial administration was in there to allow you to get rid of factions since if you load from a scenario Manchu China has no factions, but doing that in-game doesn't seem to get rid of factions, and when I try to reload that save gameit crashes (already posted in bug reports).

Is this the right way to get rid of factions, or is there another way I'm not noticing?

Reichsmarschall Paradox Dev Team Darkrenown's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

There's no game way to get rid of them, Ming has factions and is stuck with them.
    Last edited by Darkrenown; 10-01-2011 at 11:04. Reason: failed to read title
    Relentless madman.

On this, I've noticed other countries with the government type Celestial Kingdom, is that WAD?

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by RedRalphWiggum View Post
    On this, I've noticed other countries with the government type Celestial Kingdom, is that WAD?
    I've seen this as well, but only with revolter states that broke off from Ming. Maybe that's why they had the Celestial Kingdom government?
    Current AAR: EU4: Single Domination: Ming, the first EU4 AAR ever to feature a non-European country!
    Finished AARs: EU3: Double Domination: Germany versus Japan. EU3: Yin, Yang and the ugly: a Divine Wind Ming AAR

See an overview of my AARs at my Ink Well page.

Quote Originally Posted by knul View Post
    I've seen this as well, but only with revolter states that broke off from Ming. Maybe that's why they had the Celestial Kingdom government?
    Yeah, that's what happened in my game, and I suspected it might be a bug...

Reichsmarschall Paradox Dev Team Darkrenown's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Shouldn't be possible. Check common/governments.txt and see if there's a bit like:
    Code:
    celestial_empire = {
    	monarchy = yes
    	valid_for_new_country = no
    Could be something that didn't make the release version, or there could be a bug where new nations get it anyway.
    Relentless madman.

I can confirm the Celestial Empire for Ming offspring too. Thinking, I THINK I might have seen it with someone else as well, but it was some time ago so I can't be sure.
    Register your games for access to Tech Support and Bug Report forums, aswell as beta patches ## Read the sticky before reporting a bug ##
    Do you need EU3 help? Most common problems & fixes ## Quick questions / Quick answers mega thread ## Search the foums ##
    Europa Universalis III Wiki, it's like an online manual that ANYONE can update!

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrenown View Post
    There's no game way to get rid of them, Ming has factions and is stuck with them.
    Isn't that pretty unfair, like punishing Ming for being Ming?

Quote Originally Posted by Najs View Post
    That's always been the case. For instance in previous versions Confucianism had a -50% tax income penalty. Without penalties Ming is unhistorically overpowered.
    Current AAR: EU4: Single Domination: Ming, the first EU4 AAR ever to feature a non-European country!
    Finished AARs: EU3: Double Domination: Germany versus Japan. EU3: Yin, Yang and the ugly: a Divine Wind Ming AAR

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Playing as Ming is still quite easy even with the limitations. Personally I like the flavour which the factions bring to the game.
    "Reddite ergo quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo."

-Iesus Nazarenus

S
    Could be something that didn't make the release version, or there could be a bug where new nations get it anyway.

In my current Teutonic Order game i have met a mongol "Celestial Empire". It is the yellow one with the scribbkle on their coat-of-arms (Oirat Horde ?), which name eludes me atm. - I am 90% sure it is a breakaway from Ming, as 1 or 2 game sessions before when loading the game i saw a complete ming in china on the country selection screen which had expanded a bit into siberia, but later when i fought my way through the Golden Horde i met them, instead of ming.

Without penalties Ming is unhistorically overpowered.
    No, it's their neighbors who are underpowered, take Dai Viet for example, they can beat up Kublai's army and remain independent from Mongol invation, and they can spawn a grand rebel army which beat up Ming's garrison in Vietnam and "convinced" Ming not to attack them ever again, but in the game, they just kinda get swallowed when Ming steps in with "Restore old border" and Champa followed

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

That's always been the case. For instance in previous versions Confucianism had a -50% tax income penalty. Without penalties Ming is unhistorically overpowered.
    That's what I was hinting at. The devs claimed that they wanted to stop punishing Ming for being Ming, and introduced the new faction system to keep them somewhat checked. Whether it was a good solution or not, it seems that either will Ming always be punished for being Ming or be overpowered.

That's what I was hinting at. The devs claimed that they wanted to stop punishing Ming for being Ming, and introduced the new faction system to keep them somewhat checked. Whether it was a good solution or not, it seems that either will Ming always be punished for being Ming or be overpowered.
    In an ideal game, all countries share the same game mechanics which will make Ming balanced. However, I can see that it's very difficult to do that. In EU3 nations have internal dynamics (stability, domestic policies, NI, revolt risk, Legitimacy, etcetera) that can make a country weaker or stronger compared to raw size and economic power. The Faction system is an extention to that system of internal dynamics.

It would be nice that internal politics would matter for all countries, so that Ming isn't singled out in that regard. However, it's the question whether have more internal political modelling is suitable for the Europa Universalis series (it slides the series more to Victoria, for example).

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

I quite like how various regions have found a system to rule tracts of land. France has vassalized its smaller neighbours, the HRE has various states competing for the title of Emperor, the Russians and Hordes are caught up in a battle of colonization and tributes. The ming have kept the internal power struggle under control by giving officia roles to the factions, and Japan has the Shogun system, which I havent figured out yet.

Lt. General
    EU3 Collectors Edition

Is Ming prevented from changing culture?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The problem is the factions do not apply to AI control of Ming. Ming now gobbles up SE China quicker than ever and is declaring war on Poland in 1475 through a common border.
    Instead of toning Ming down, DW now just turns it into a MEGA MEGA blob. At least it's not western tech...
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." -Mark Twain

“Destroying rainforest for economic gain is like burning a Renaissance painting to cook a meal.” -Edward O. Wilson

"Astrakhan rules the waves" -common knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by herrhals View Post
    The problem is the factions do not apply to AI control of Ming. Ming now gobbles up SE China quicker than ever and is declaring war on Poland in 1475 through a common border.
    Instead of toning Ming down, DW now just turns it into a MEGA MEGA blob. At least it's not western tech...
    Unless you hack your savegame file...

The fun part is when the MEGA MEGA blob collapses. In my latest game, MING was at lithuania by 1460, and a 10 province minor less than 50 years later.

Augustus of the North DreadLindwyrm's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k club

I have seen Oirats taking the Celestial Empire government form. I had assumed this was through them being vassalised by Ming - due to the bug where AI can annex/vassalise hordes - although there are other possibilities.

I thought I saw something in the DD that suggested that Ming would be able to get away from the factions eventually, but it appears I am wrong. Does this mean that in the event Ming were to be conquered, and rebel from under the conqueror that Ming would get the factions again? I'm not sure that Ming should be stuck with the factions forever, as I feel there should be a way to get away from them. I'm not sure if this should be an event chain, decision chain or be related to a government change. After all, I can't see a Bureaucratic Despotism Ming still having the other factions, or a Theocracy not being Temple dominated. In these case should the factions be disabled or removed?

Ironic really that we get this being said in the DD:
    Quote Originally Posted by Besuchov View Post
    The solution so far has been to give China a modifier that simply penalizes it for being China. We figured we could do better than that.
    and then in this thread:
    *This space deliberately left blank*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast