• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Billung, Van Holland, and Leofricson.

I wilkl play the Trencavelles in my frist game.

You know that the 1066's Bourbons are not related at all with the Capetian offspring branch, the dukes of Bourbon, that reign in Spain today, right? You say it as if you were to play the dynasty that would become today's Borbones.

I wilkl play the Trencavelles in my frist game.

Lovely fellows, I hope they're given their right coat of arms in CK2. They rock, especially for being a nest of Cathar heretics.

Lovely fellows, I hope they're given their right coat of arms in CK2. They rock, especially for being a nest of Cathar heretics.

Went to many of their castles, and of course Carcassone, last summer. Their history is really interesting.

Leofricson married to Margaret, or with either modding or playing as someone else, giving land then playing, Wake, maybe Aetheling.
maybe someone insignificant and welsh.
either way, drive out the normans

Certainly I'll try Poland, maybe the divided one if available, to make it more interesting (ie. Piasts). I'll also certainly try Georgia (so Bagratids?). I will try Wales or Brittany to see the ability to survive near a big neighbour. Nubia was the same kind of fun ;)

The first thing I usually do when picking up Crusader Kings after a while of abstinence is trying to help the Billung dynasty survive. But apart from that, obviously the English ruling dynasties [Normandy/Plantagenet]. In fact, since the game ends pretty much exactly at the starting point of the wars of the roses, it would be interesting to see if it's possible to have a similar dynastic war slightly earlier...