+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 1836 Improved

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

SUomen linna in Helsinki was the gibraltar of the north...

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by valtteri771 View Post
    Suomen linna in Helsinki was the gibraltar of the north...
    No, Luxembourg's nickname was "Gibraltar of the North" because it was considered impenetrable.

Master of the Universe CaptRobau's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossMajesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Gwax23 View Post
    Loved this mod keep up the good work. Good to see you added Rio Grande Do Sul. A few things from the PDM Mods map where more accurate then this and some things from this mod where more accurate then PDMs version. I suggest you look into them.

The Rivers mod would be great also dont forget about those Boer States. I would rather them not be there at the start its so unhistroical. That is if you cant come up with an event/script to get them into the game at a latter time.

Also I would put off fixing the starting cultures/ethnicity/nationalities of the pops to be more historical.

Good Luck!!
    In the pre-release I've released (download in the OP) I made Oranje and Transvaal terra nullius. Oranje is colonizable from the start, so it should be done somewhere around the 1840s. Transvaal has a 25 liferating. Might make it 30, but that might make it too easy for Portugal to take it over. The events/decisions haven't been adjusted to reflect that (ideally, after a few years they'd pop up after being colonized).

Quote Originally Posted by valtteri771 View Post
    SUomen linna in Helsinki was the gibraltar of the north...
    That was not what was meant with Gibraltar of the North. But I might need to check into fortresses around the world from that time to see where some need to be added. Very few fortresses as of now.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Then my history teacher failed

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

So uhm, couldn't find a screenshot but how is Slesvig-Holsten portrayed? It was rather poor in Vanilla with a independent sattelite Holsten and Slesvig annexed.

Either it should all be Denmark or both Slesvig, Holsten and Lauenburg should be on the map and in a union with Denmark independently.
    - PATRVM - For Crusader Kings II
    SCVTA / TERRÆ - Shields / Map
    - Both Dead

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III Collection
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Béal Fierste, pero mi corazón está en España.
    ive been having some problems. every time i try to install it all of the countries arnt there and have become unterritoried(cant remeber the word) and often with it saying something like dutch argentina as an example

Sword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Keanon View Post
    So uhm, couldn't find a screenshot but how is Slesvig-Holsten portrayed? It was rather poor in Vanilla with a independent sattelite Holsten and Slesvig annexed.

Either it should all be Denmark or both Slesvig, Holsten and Lauenburg should be on the map and in a union with Denmark independently.
    I tried to make it a seperate country but for some reason it made the game crash. Decided not to implement it in this release. In a future release I'd try again.

Quote Originally Posted by LYNCHY View Post
    ive been having some problems. every time i try to install it all of the countries arnt there and have become unterritoried(cant remeber the word) and often with it saying something like dutch argentina as an example
    It seems like you really messed up the installation. Did you use JSGME? That's what I use, and it works fine. The installation instructions are in the readme.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron Cross
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

No Flag for Rio Grande Do Sul?

Should start at war with Brazil and have some Army.

Should Peru/Bolivia be split?

This release is a pre-release. It's mostly meant for me to get some feedback from players and to allow modders like the Age of Colonialism team to start incorporating the mod into theirs. This means that some things aren't finished yet. There are no wars, no units and no new events for these countries yet. They should have their flags. Did you remove the flagfiles files before you started the first game with the mod on, because you need to do that. Precise instructions are a few posts back.

I've made some changes since the pre-release already and I wanted to run them by you.
    -I made Mexico a presidential dictatorship. The constitution of late 1835 made Mexico a centralized dictatorship under Santa Anna according to Wikipedia. That caused all those revolutions, like the Texas one. Is Wikipedia right about this one?
    -I made slavery legal in a few more countries, such as the Ottoman Empire, Great Britain (India had slaves till the 1850s) and more. My question is, should I make Russia and Austria-Hungary have slavery as legal as well, to simulate serfs or are serfs so different from slaves as in how the game models slaves?
    Last edited by CaptRobau; 06-12-2011 at 12:21.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete

No Unless you plan on making a serf pop. For Ottoman Empire definately aswell as Mexico. Relesable nation sin the Yucatan and Rio Grande would add some flavor.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband

If you're adding slavery to some countries, don't forget that the Romanian Principalities (Wallachia and Moldavia) had slavery until the 1860s (we added that to PDM).

The latest and last version (probably) of 1836 Improved, namely Beta 3, can be found in the OP. I've decided to discontinue this mod, mostly due to changing priorities. Still I leave this mod relatively complete. Most of the changes that needed to be made to the 1836 scenario were made and I feel confident in saying that the setup in 1836 Improved is about as true to the geopolitical situation of 1836 as a game like Victoria 2 can simulate it. At the very least it's a vast improvement over vanilla. Hell, I can't even look at the original scenario and not kringe, as it is so erroneous in places.

As time has passed it has become clear that 1836 Improved was not so much a standalone mod that was to be enjoyed alone, but a guide for other mods to improve the starting setup of Victoria 2. Mods like PDM were inspired by the changes that I made and AoC even officially integrated my mod in theirs. That's why I officially open up 1836 Improved to be used by modders to improve their mods. Do take into account that it's not a solid release. There are still a few loose ends:

-The new countries I added don't all have units yet
    -They also don't have flavor flags (communist, fascist, etc.). You'll have to come up with your own Kuwaiti communist flag (sorry )
    -While the Boer states are now terra nullius and first need to be colonized by the UK to pop up, the events that do that are still pretty WIP, so you'll definately need to take a look at improving them
    -There has been no work done on POP relocation. So while the country borders have changed, the POPs haven't. Luckily there aren't too many major border changes. If you want the new/rebordered countries to be very playable you'll need to shift some POPs around
    -Making Canada, Siberia, Australia and Central Asia colonies instead of terra nullius is still pretty much untested. It's a change that's pretty historic as the colonizing NF only claims states, which the new colonies were by 1836. They were not populated by the countries that had unshakable claims on them (being inland), but this can be done with the immigration NF. Because it's untested though, it might have some unwanted effect. Before introducing it into your mod, please test to make sure it doesn't muck up anything (gold discovery events, ahistoric migration, etc.)
    -The countries that have gotten slavery don't have any slave POPs yet
    -Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen has been added but doesn't yet have an event that makes Prussia annex it
    -The same goes for Lauenburg
    -Peru-Bolivia doesn't have any breakup events

This changelog shows the changes that have been made, which are quite a few:
    -Several countries now have slavery allowed
    -URU and COL no longer have slavery allowed
    -MEX, ALD, TRI are now Presidential Dictatorships
    -Bonin is now terra nullius with life rating 10
    -Lamu and Mombassa are now terra nullius with life rating 15
    -Lindi is OMA again, POR having higher relationship with them to compensate
    -POR has more provinces in Angola and Mozambique
    -Convention of Peking decision now removes CHI cores on Heilongjiang state
    -Added forts in various provinces
    -Petsamo is now RUS
    -Sitka is now RUS
    -Adjusted the Orange River Convention and Sand River Conventions to release ORA and TRN
    -Renamed Bonin to Bonin Islands
    -Incorporated the appropriate changes made by the 1.4 patches
    If I have time I'll make a world map that shows the changes that 1836 Improved has made. Should clarify some of the questions modders might have why I made various changes.
    Last edited by CaptRobau; 22-01-2012 at 21:58.

Still one of my favorite mods. I agree with you on the vanilla map it makes me kringe as well. I hope AoC implements this new version and fixes some loose ends. Sad to see you abandon this though.

Thanks for your hard work!

You might want to read about Schleswig-Holstein and the reason Prussia even got any chance to attack Denmark. Looks very good though

It's not updated for AHD, nor will it be. Other mods like AoC and PDM (once updated) contain quite historic 1836 scenarios as well.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Robau,

Quote Originally Posted by nigo View Post
    a suggestion for Brazil for NNM and APD. The VIP mod did that in Vic1.

the "Cabanagem" Rebelion on Belem Province, in 1836 start.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabanagem

and if possible, add some navy to Brazil in 1836. We have some pretty navy in that age. Look at VIP mod, they did the right thing.

Hey I want to know if I can have permission to integrate this mod In a mod I am working on?

Also I am just starting to get into modding but any ideas how to get this to work with AHD 2.3 without crashing?

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

I don't think Robau is supporting this anymore.

Dunno if this is the place, but I would be interested to hear more about the Brazilian rebellions from nigo. From what I understand, a good number of Brazil's provinces tried to revolt in the last decades of the monarchy and beginning of the First Republic. Bahia, Pernambuco, and Grao-Para. The wiki articles are just a bit hard to understand what took place. Seems like most of the states should start with their own cores, with a few like Rio Grande du Sul and Grao-Para to actually be independent at game start in 1836? Then perhaps, adding a decision to create the Republic, wiping out the state cores?

And giving a quick look, the state composition of Brazil doesn't seem to make much sense for either 1836 or 2012. Belem is the capital of Para, and it's not even IN Para in the vanilla setup.
    Last edited by Sgt. Grumbles; 13-04-2012 at 01:35.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Grumbles View Post
    I don't think Robau is supporting this anymore.

Dunno if this is the place, but I would be interested to hear more about the Brazilian rebellions from nigo. From what I understand, a good number of Brazil's provinces tried to revolt in the last decades of the monarchy and beginning of the First Republic. Bahia, Pernambuco, and Grao-Para. The wiki articles are just a bit hard to understand what took place. Seems like most of the states should start with their own cores, with a few like Rio Grande du Sul and Grao-Para to actually be independent at game start in 1836? Then perhaps, adding a decision to create the Republic, wiping out the state cores?

And giving a quick look, the state composition of Brazil doesn't seem to make much sense for either 1836 or 2012. Belem is the capital of Para, and it's not even IN Para in the vanilla setup.

another revolts in that period.

Sabinada - revolt in Bahia in 1838

http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabinada

Balaiada - revolt in Maranhão in 1837

http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balaiada

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast